Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Katie Blackburn-State of the Team
(04-04-2023, 10:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok...this won't be popular at all but here goes...

I hadn't watch anything at all on Robinson before just now because he was nowhere near the Bengals radar so i just went and watched some of his iso vids. 

Color me not impressed. *ducks*

After that, i watched his highlight videos and most of his big highlight runs came against unranked or directional schools. Against Alabama and TCU #1 and #4, he did nothing. Those are the types of teams that he's going to be up against every week in the NFL. 

I see Joe Mixon v2.0.

I don't see a guy who is going to come in and make people miss, or run through people, or run past people. He looks like a guy, like Mixon, who can accumulate stats with volume but not be that 4.7+ ypc guy that finds the EZ from more than 10 yards out. He looks like the other 2 guys the Bengals already have in the backfield. 

Yes, i like to carry my own rope around. Big Grin

I said that the other day. He had like about 30 yards against both. But our OL doesn’t open holes for a Gibbs to do his thing. He got room at Bama.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 10:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I said that the other day. He had like about 30 yards against both. But our OL doesn’t open holes for a Gibbs to do his thing. He got room at Bama.

Gibbs doesn't need as much room and he has great vision and cutback ability. I've pointed out many times that this line has opened up a lot of holes that Mixon simply missed. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 11:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Gibbs doesn't need as much room and he has great vision and cutback ability. I've pointed out many times that this line has opened up a lot of holes that Mixon simply missed. 

Some recent mocks
ESPN Todd McShay
28 Deonte Banks CB MD
60 Mathew Bergeron OT Syracuse

CBS Sam Laporta TE Iowa

PFF
28 Anton Harrison Oklahoma OT
60 Luke Musgrave TE Oregon State
Walter Football
28Dalton Kincaid TE Utah
60 Cam Mitchell CB Northwestern
NFL Network Lance Zierlein
28 Luke Musgrave TE Oregon State
The Draft Network
28 Michael Mayer TE ND
USA Today
28 Anton Harrison
Pro Football Network
28 Bijan Robinson RB Texas
60 Dalton Kincaid TE Utah
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 10:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok...this won't be popular at all but here goes...

I hadn't watch anything at all on Robinson before just now because he was nowhere near the Bengals radar so i just went and watched some of his iso vids. 

After that, i watched his highlight videos and most of his big highlight runs came against unranked or directional schools. Against Alabama and TCU #1 and #4, he did nothing. Those are the types of teams that he's going to be up against every week in the NFL. 

I see Joe Mixon v2.0.

I don't see a guy who is going to come in and make people miss, or run through people, or run past people. He looks like a guy, like Mixon, who can accumulate stats with volume but not be that 4.7+ ypc guy that finds the EZ from more than 10 yards out. He looks like the other 2 guys the Bengals already have in the backfield. 

You are scouting his vision contact balance power short area quickness and long speed. All things he has at high levels.

Saquan Barkley only had 4 or 5 out of his full 12 or 13 game schedule with 100+ yards.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 11:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Gibbs doesn't need as much room and he has great vision and cutback ability. I've pointed out many times that this line has opened up a lot of holes that Mixon simply missed. 

If Mixon was so bad at his huge salary why did they not put up a fight to save Perine? Why have they not shopped him around? Why have they hardly attended any running backs pro days? Why did they immediately resign Trayveon the minute Samaje notified them he was going to Denver? If they’d decided to move on from Mixon based on their history of doing right by players why wouldn’t they have allowed him to seek a place like Ezekiel?

They’ve said it a thousand times. They like this roster. There’s already been a lot more change than they wanted. I seriously doubt they want to go with a whole new backfield. Wouldn’t surprise me if they draft a running back in round 3 or 4. I think at 28 they go with BPA at 28 from these 3 positions…. CB,TE,or OT. Depending on how the draft develops will dictate a lot on what they view their pick at 60 could look like and have a bearing on 28. Their decision at 28 could be tied to what they think they can do at 60.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 08:25 AM)Synric Wrote: You are scouting his vision contact balance power short area quickness and long speed. All things he has at high levels.

Saquan Barkley only had 4 or 5 out of his full 12 or 13 game schedule with 100+ yards.

He's not quite up to Barkley talent. Barkley, coming ouit, was more more athletic, quicker twitch, faster and stronger. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 12:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's not quite up to Barkley talent. Barkley, coming ouit, was more more athletic, quicker twitch, faster and stronger. 

I'd argue the opposite. Barkley is more athletically gifted but Bijan Robinson is a more natural runner just incredible balance. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 11:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If Mixon was so bad at his huge salary why did they not put up a fight to save Perine? Why have they not shopped him around? Why have they hardly attended any running backs pro days? Why did they immediately resign Trayveon the minute Samaje notified them he was going to Denver? If they’d decided to move on from Mixon based on their history of doing right by players why wouldn’t they have allowed him to seek a place like Ezekiel?

They’ve said it a thousand times. They like this roster. There’s already been a lot more change than they wanted. I seriously doubt they want to go with a whole new backfield. Wouldn’t surprise me if they draft a running back in round 3 or 4. I think at 28 they go with BPA at 28 from these 3 positions…. CB,TE,or OT. Depending on how the draft develops will dictate a lot on what they view their pick at 60 could look like and have a bearing on 28. Their decision at 28 could be tied to what they think they can do at 60.

I don't know anything about how or why they think. I just know what i see on the screen and what i see matches his shortcomings before the draft. 

I don't disagree that they like the roster. I've said many times they really like Mixon. It was evident when he signed his second contract and nothing has really changed that. Their thoughts on him doesn't make him better than he is though. I've been very conflicted over the last year on what to do with him because i like him so much for everything he does for the team...short of his inconsistent production. It's only in the last couple months that i've swung a bit to the 'replacement' side, but i don't do it easily. 

With Perine being gone, i'm ok with a Mixon/Williams backfield but i'd like to see them get someone more explosive that has the ability to draw safeties in. 

I agree with the 2nd half of your last paragraph. That's what i'm thinking as well. 

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 12:14 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd argue the opposite. Barkley is more athletically gifted but Bijan Robinson is a more natural runner just incredible balance. 

The balance part ThumbsUp

I'd just like to see someone more explosive that can plant his foot and make people miss, then when he gets an angle, has the ability to run by guys. Plus, i'm not looking for someone to come in and get 20 carries a game. I'm more inclined to RBBC with a diverse mix of talents.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 12:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know anything about how or why they think. I just know what i see on the screen and what i see matches his shortcomings before the draft. 

I don't disagree that they like the roster. I've said many times they really like Mixon. It was evident when he signed his second contract and nothing has really changed that. Their thoughts on him doesn't make him better than he is though. I've been very conflicted over the last year on what to do with him because i like him so much for everything he does for the team...short of his inconsistent production. It's only in the last couple months that i've swung a bit to the 'replacement' side, but i don't do it easily. 

With Perine being gone, i'm ok with a Mixon/Williams backfield but i'd like to see them get someone more explosive that has the ability to draw safeties in. 

I agree with the 2nd half of your last paragraph. That's what i'm thinking as well. 

Enjoyed that response immensely

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 12:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Enjoyed thst response immensely

[Image: 2260ba57-726a-4caf-820d-3ff1cdfcd3d6_text.gif]
[Image: c7e68d7b-5f4b-49ce-a7a8-69842808120a_text.gif]
[Image: c1b6de0f-4ed0-478f-9de5-5a2168e20ab9_text.gif]

Tongue

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 12:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: 2260ba57-726a-4caf-820d-3ff1cdfcd3d6_text.gif]
[Image: c7e68d7b-5f4b-49ce-a7a8-69842808120a_text.gif]
[Image: c1b6de0f-4ed0-478f-9de5-5a2168e20ab9_text.gif]

Tongue

No I did.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 12:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The balance part ThumbsUp

I'd just like to see someone more explosive that can plant his foot and make people miss, then when he gets an angle, has the ability to run by guys. Plus, i'm not looking for someone to come in and get 20 carries a game. I'm more inclined to RBBC with a diverse mix of talents.

I want to see the Running Back room rebuilt and a RBBC plan in place even with Bijan. It helps protect the back from injuries that and protects the team against one of the most injury prone positions. 

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 12:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The balance part ThumbsUp

Balance is huge with RB's and Bijan's is elite. He won't be there when we pick anyway though, so Gibbs or Spears would fit what you 
are talking about. I like Tank Bigsby in the 3rd round as well, reminds me of Jamaal Charles from back in the day, smooth in hitting holes
with that break away speed and can catch the ball out of the backfield and pass block. Gibbs is still a terrible pass blocker, have to bring 
this up everytime Rfaulk lol
Reply/Quote

I see Joe Mixon v2.0.

I want some of whatever you're smoking! Rock

Alabama's Will Anderson was asked the toughest player he faced.

"Bijan Robinson, the running back from Texas," Anderson said. "He’s a big back. We had to gang-tackle him, get all hats to the ball. He was going to break a few tackles. We had to tackle the right way. He’s probably the toughest person I faced in college football."

Alabama made it their goal to take Bijan out of the game and they had a ton of defensive talent to do it with.
Bijan struggled against TCU but Sarkasian pretty much said his game plan was crap and the offense just never showed up. The year before Bijan lit the Froggies up though.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:14 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: I want some of whatever you're smoking! Rock

Alabama's Will Anderson was asked the toughest player he faced.

"Bijan Robinson, the running back from Texas," Anderson said. "He’s a big back. We had to gang-tackle him, get all hats to the ball. He was going to break a few tackles. We had to tackle the right way. He’s probably the toughest person I faced in college football."

Alabama made it their goal to take Bijan out of the game and they had a ton of defensive talent to do it with.
Bijan struggled against TCU but Sarkasian pretty much said his game plan was crap and the offense just never showed up. The year before Bijan lit the Froggies up though.

Nice quote from Anderson one of the best Defenders in the Nation.
Reply/Quote
He’s visiting us

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice quote from Anderson one of the best Defenders in the Nation.

A lot of professional talent evaluators are saying Bijan could be the best back since AP but lost of fans are just like meh, doesn't look like anything special to me,, or yeah he might be special but not pick 28 special. LOL 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:31 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: A lot of professional talent evaluators are saying Bijan could be the best back since AP but lost of fans are just like meh, doesn't look like anything special to me,, or yeah he might be special but not pick 28 special. LOL 

Better pass catcher than AP by far and a very good pass protector and has amazing balance which is extremely underrated in RB's.

Doubt he makes it to 28, but if he does and we pass on him I would be surprised. He instantly upgrades the Offense and if someone
like say Jackson Carman can play at RT like he did at LT in the Playoffs our OL is upgraded. I bet our running and passing game improve
huge if all this happens. We all know that drafting an OL in the first isn't always the answer or ever lol
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s visiting us

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Isn't this the guy that tore up the Shrine Bowl game?

Reply/Quote