Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katie Blackburn responds.....maybe not so soft after all.
(01-06-2023, 04:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: that's why al davis is always cool with me. He understood the power they wielded and the hypocrisy of it all

Same....and that douchebag Chuck Knoll had the audacity to call them "the criminal element in football" for simply playing their brand of football.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Same....and that douchebag Chuck Knoll had the audacity to call them "the criminal element in football" for simply playing their brand of football.

and wouldnt ya know it, similar thing happened with the steelers and bengals around 2015..
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: and wouldnt ya know it, similar thing happened with the steelers and bengals around 2015..

Fact.

Reply/Quote
Bengals/ Bills game should have been a tie. We would win the division and the bengals would still have a chance for the #2 seed. We got the shaft. KC lost to Bills and Bengals, and can still get #1seed, that stinks.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:01 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'm most upset with the fact that if the Bengals and Bills win this week and meet in round 2, it will be played in Buffalo.

If they finished the game Monday we would have earned a second home playoff game by winning.

This was done on purpose.. Buffalo apparently can never play in Cincy ever again after this. Expect the regular season game to be in Buffalo next year too. It will be along time before they come to Cincy again. Now the narrative is going around that Paycor is cursed...
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:14 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Bengals/ Bills game should have been a tie. We would win the division and the bengals would still have a chance for the #2 seed. We got the shaft.  KC lost to Bills and Bengals, and can still get #1seed, that stinks.

We can still get #2 with a win and Bills loss. Probably a long shot but still possible.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:28 PM)cinci4life Wrote: We can still get #2 with a win and Bills loss. Probably a long shot but still possible.

It wasnt a long shot on Monday night. Burrow and the migos were on a mission....Plain and simple the Bengals got completely ******.. Now everyone is gonna feel the wrath.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:14 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I think i would have been more ok with a coin flip to determine the winner of the Bills/Bengals game.

The Bengals would be in better shape with a coin toss for the Bills/Bengals game.  If the Bengals win a coin toss, the #1 seed would still be in play with #2 being guaranteed with a win over the Ravens.  That's homefield advantage throughout the playoffs with the exception of the AFC Championship if K.C. wins their last regular season game then makes it that far in the playoffs.

On the other hand, if the Bengals lose a coin toss for the Bills game, the Bengals are still the #3 seed going in to the Ravens game and would need to beat the Ravens to stay there.  This isnt much different than the new rule the NFL just approved which would require the Bengals to beat the Ravens or there would be a coin toss anyway.   At least with a coin toss for the Bengals/Bills game, the #1 seed would still be a possibility and you dont need a coin toss for the Ravens which results in even more issues like the Bengals not hosting the playoff game yet not get the benefit of a higher draft pick and easier schedule next year.

The NFL made if far more complicated than it needed to be with all these scenarios which mainly hurt one team, the Bengals.  Although not perfect a coin toss for the Bengals/Bills game would have been a better alternative and far less harmful.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:33 PM)Tony Wrote: It wasnt a long shot on Monday night. Burrow and the migos were on a mission....Plain and simple the Bengals got completely ******.. Now everyone is gonna feel the wrath.. 

While i agree we got screwed on the deal, i'm not going to say we were definitely winning that game. We had a great start against NE last week and then the 2nd half went to hell. They needed to find a way to resume this game.
Reply/Quote
Katie almost pulled it off. According to this there were 25 yes votes and only 24 were needed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-to-make-two-huge-modifications-to-afc-playoffs-after-owners-vote-in-favor-of-proposals/
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 05:42 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Katie almost pulled it off. According to this there were 25 yes votes and only 24 were needed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-to-make-two-huge-modifications-to-afc-playoffs-after-owners-vote-in-favor-of-proposals/

I wonder if Buffalo voted no too since the Bengals were unhappy with that proposal
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: NFL politics in action. 2 teams the league has never liked, Raiders and Bengals

my grandfather always told me how Paul Brown and Al Davis were always thorns in the league's sides

You could add the Bills to that back when they were owned by Ralph Wilson.   The new-school NFL owners hate old school owners that put integrity and the sport ahead of revenue.  They were probably hoping they could turn Katie to the dark side and now they're very disappointed.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 05:42 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Katie almost pulled it off. According to this there were 25 yes votes and only 24 were needed.

Saw a post on Twitter where Clark Hunt (Chiefs Owner) abstained, which is essentially a no vote because it's not a vote in affirmation.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:19 PM)mahomey15 Wrote: Saw a post on Twitter where Clark Hunt (Chiefs Owner) abstained, which is essentially a no vote because it's not a vote in affirmation.

Of course he did, they think the AFCCG should be in KC
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Of course he did, they think the AFCCG should be in KC

As a Chiefs fan, I do. Trust me, we aren't really happy with this either. After looking around fan boards, it seems the only fan boards that are majority happy are the Bills.
Reply/Quote
If the teams were different and it was Pittsburgh that this happened to on monday night, something tells me a coin flip woulodnt have even been brought up
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:19 PM)mahomey15 Wrote: Saw a post on Twitter where Clark Hunt (Chiefs Owner) abstained, which is essentially a no vote because it's not a vote in affirmation.

Sounds like a good decision.  Since the Chiefs benefit most from this proposal it's nice to hear he abstained from voting.  I think it was the right thing to do on the Chiefs part.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:21 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: If the teams were different and it was Pittsburgh that this happened to on monday night, something tells me a coin flip woulodnt have even been brought up

If it were Shitsburgh, Rog would be too busy sucking Rooney ass to flip a coin.

(I wish I could type what I REALLY wanted to say...)

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:25 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Sounds like a good decision.  Since the Chiefs benefit most from this proposal it's nice to hear he abstained from voting.  I think it was the right thing to do on the Chiefs part.

I agree. That was solid on his part.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:25 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Sounds like a good decision.  Since the Chiefs benefit most from this proposal it's nice to hear he abstained from voting.  I think it was the right thing to do on the Chiefs part.

Most Chiefs fans I know, myself included, don't like this. We wanted 1 of 2 scenarios: 1.) Make up the game. OR 2.) Use the rules as they were written and go off of winning percentage.

To me, this is the NFL trying to give the Bills a concellation prize. I've just seen a big pattern of when something happens to them, all of a sudden its this big ordeal, while if it happens to other teams it tends to be ignored. AKA This, The OT loss last year (Same thing happend to us vs NE in the AFCCG 2 years before and no one cared it seemed), etc

I'm just against changing rules during the season.

And I'm not defending Clark by any means (Tends to be closer to Goodell than I like) but with the convo being with how the votes shook out, I thought I would contribute that tidbit.
Reply/Quote