Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Katie is the top executive in the league!
(08-28-2021, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know why so many fans claim that "based on the past" they will keep Zac after a third losing season.  Just look at what they have done in the past.

They did not keep Marvin after three losing seasons.

They did not keep LeBeau after 2 losing seasons.

They did bring back Coslet after three losing seasons, but he only lasted three games.

So based on "history" Zac won't be back after three losing seasons.

Marvin already had a history of three consecutive non-winning seasons and a .000 playoff winning percentage before his three consecutive losing seasons.

LeBeau was “fired,” however his contract was expiring.

As already noted, Coslet quit because they wouldn’t fire him.

It’s Mike Brown’s First Law of Coaching: a losing coach under contract tends to remain a losing coach under contract unless their contact expires, they quit, or their tenure exceeds a decade.
(08-28-2021, 05:44 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Sign Bates for 4 years and I'll second that notion. Let him walk and I'll bring up Whit again and again. Only to later bring up Bates again and again.
And paying Waynes instead of WJ3. Seemed like an okay move at the time, but not after his injuries and letting WJ3 walk.

Long story short, all will be forgotten if you sign Bates for 4 years. Otherwise I'll call it 'mismanagement' to let your most successful draft picks walk.

I don't think WJ3 was ever going to re-sign with this team.  Rumors of his wanting to chase a contract elsewhere proved true, and he had nothing good to say about playing for the Bengals when he left.  I don't fault them for not retaining him.
(08-28-2021, 10:28 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Marvin already had a history of three consecutive non-winning seasons and a .000 playoff winning percentage before his three consecutive losing seasons.

So they will fire a coach after three losing seasons if he has a career winning record as a head coach with 7 playoff seasons, but they will keep a coach after three losing seasons as long as he has never had a winning record before in his coaching career?

Yeah, that make perfect sense.

Rolleyes
(08-28-2021, 11:34 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Who knows what they would or wouldn't do if he has another losing season?  I suppose we won't know unless that happens.  But the fact he's got a fully guaranteed 5 year contract, and with the history of David Shula that you conveniently left out (the closest comparison to Taylor by age and tenure), I don't blame people for thinking this team might elect to keep him again if he only wins 6 or 7 games.

Are you talking about Zac Taylor here and if so, how do you know he has a 5 year contract?  I've looked for this information before and never can seems to find much info on it.

If they only win 6 or 7 games, I think it would be a really bad move to burn up more years of Burrow's rookie contract by keeping Taylor. 2020 thru 2023 from a cap standpoint, should be the easiest years to field a winning team.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
(08-29-2021, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So they will fire a coach after three losing seasons if he has a career winning record as a head coach with 7 playoff seasons, but they will keep a coach after three losing seasons as long as he has never had a winning record before in his coaching career?

Yeah, that make perfect sense.

Rolleyes

Will they keep a coach with a losing record until his contract expires or he quits? Unequivocally, yes.

Shula went 5-11 and 3-13 during his first two seasons and Mike gave him a two year extension. Shula then went 3-13 and 7-9 and Mike still brought him back for his last season under contract.

Marvin is the only head coach Mike has ever hired to produce a winning record. The other four have combined for a winning record of less than .400.

To summarize, Shula, LeBeau, and Coslet all reached the final year of their contract. If they all reached the final year of their contracts, why would I believe otherwise with Taylor?
(08-29-2021, 11:50 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Are you talking about Zac Taylor here and if so, how do you know he has a 5 year contract?  I've looked for this information before and never can seems to find much info on it.

I found 4 yr $2.3 million

How Long Is Zac Taylors Contract With The Bengals | DECORKEUN
(08-29-2021, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I found 4 yr $2.3 million

How Long Is Zac Taylors Contract With The Bengals | DECORKEUN

Not sure if that's a reliable source.  Seems a little low and it mentions Joe burrow which was already a year after he was hired.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
(08-28-2021, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: LOL at anyone who can look at free agency over the last two years and not see any changes in the way the Bengals are doing business.

Aren't you the poster that said "history doesn't mean anything?"  Given so, why would the last two years be of any relevance?  Never the less, they had to sign free agents to meet the salary cap.  The alternative would have been to resign the likes of Tyler Eiftert, Andre Smith, and whichever veteran they had an expiring contract.  Do you really think opting for a quality starter versus multiple backups warrants credit to the front office?    
(08-26-2021, 08:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not true faith if you demand some proof of your beliefs.

And everyone is free to have theiy're own opinion.

And something something CAN i GET A WHO-DEY!!!! 

Who Dey GarfieldWhoDey2YesHappyDancingClappingWho Dey

You are very correct! I do not have true faith in the Brown family.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(08-26-2021, 08:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When it comes to business savvy Katie is playing 3 dimensional Twister while the rest of you are playing checkers.  

Just want to point out that all games of Twister are three dimensional.  It is impossible to play any other way.
(08-31-2021, 10:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just want to point out that all games of Twister are three dimensional.  It is impossible to play any other way.

It's also important to note that the only way to play Twister properly is naked, so choose your opponent wisely....
Tiger

I'll tell you this and I went back to my original post before her playoff runs that these guys won't let me repost. I wanted our daughters to see it. Why can't my post about Katie be reposted for "The World To See" Why Not. All I said was that she could be transformational for our daughters.
Why can't we see what I posted! Why can't t "he kids see it!
Why can't women see my post for their daughters to look up to this woman! That was for little girls striving to be something. Those watching it on TV saying I can never do "That" Well you CAN because KATIE PROVED IT! This wasn't about your disdain for me me. Just the little girls!
Katie is so special to the world & her daughter is special to the culture! Shame on you
(03-28-2023, 08:18 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I'll tell you this and I went back to my original post before her playoff runs that these guys won't let me repost. I wanted our daughters to see it. Why can't my post about Katie be reposted for "The World To See" Why Not. All I said was that she could be transformational for our daughters.
Why can't we see what I posted! Why can't the kids see it!

This one?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Katie-is-the-top-executive-in-the-league
(03-28-2023, 08:29 PM)spazz70 Wrote: This one?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Katie-is-the-top-executive-in-the-league

Thank you
I better question is why they hate contents so much!
Most of my content is mock drafts....
Time for your meds grandpa
Is the guy who beat the enigma machine still alive?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-28-2023, 09:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is the guy who beat the enigma machine still alive?

Turing?
(03-28-2023, 09:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Turing?

If he’s the guy that cracked it then yes. I’m curious to find out what this thread is about.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Tiger

This woman has been working countless hours to bring you FA in the middle of the night that you never thought you could get!!! Orlando Brown Jr. At the most an offensive lineman has ever got upfront yet a team friendly deal!
You still don't think she gets flowers....Her daughter making the fan experience exception
(03-28-2023, 10:46 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

This woman has been working countless hours to bring you FA in the middle of the night that you never thought you could get!!! Orlando Brown Jr. At the most an offensive lineman has ever got upfront yet a team friendly deal!
You still don't think she gets flowers....Her daughter making the fan experience exception

I think she deserves flowers for all that you mention. Also, melatonin so she can sleep better.