Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-24-2018, 08:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I do. Though I am not all of the left.

Of course you do; as do many/most on the right care if a nominee abused children. It was simply a retort to BOS's silliness.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-24-2018, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you do; as do many/most on the right care if a nominee abused children. It was simply a retort to BOS's silliness.  

Unfortunately, most on the left don't care about the Ellison thing. We haven't heard anything about it since the initial news.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-24-2018, 08:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's not pretend that deviants can be stereotyped. Keith Ellison in not conservative, nor white, nor gun-toting, nor baptist.  And it seems the left does not mind. 

Lets not pretend that the majority of these deviants are not old, white, conservative rich men. This is just a fact as is demonstrated by the king of sexual abusers, the Republican icon Don Juan Trump.
(09-24-2018, 08:52 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Lets not pretend that the majority of these deviants are not old, white, conservative rich men. This is just a fact as is demonstrated by the king of sexual abusers, the Republican icon Don Juan Trump.

The majority of them are white men because that's just the numbers. But these things happen in all sorts of demographics. The reason we hear most about these is because that is what is reported because they create a good story. The poor minority that did it makes the local paper but that's it. Someone with power, though, that makes all the headlines.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-24-2018, 08:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The majority of them are white men because that's just the numbers. But these things happen in all sorts of demographics. The reason we hear most about these is because that is what is reported because they create a good story. The poor minority that did it makes the local paper but that's it. Someone with power, though, that makes all the headlines.
Yes, no doubt you are right. I was referring to the ones who act so righteous, pompous and who think they can get away with anything. (like grab their p***y's).
(09-24-2018, 09:00 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Thats pretty out of line to say that, but not surprising. Not even funny either, though a leftist with a very low IQ might laugh and even rep you. Not saying you have a low IQ, as that would break the CoC.

Out of Line to low IQ right wing nuts who are offended when someone points out their team is full of sexual perverts. I'm not saying you are one of these misguided, that would break the CoC. ThumbsUp
I started that Ellison thread a while back. Pretty disappointing that no one in government seems to be taking it seriously.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-24-2018, 09:13 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Out of Line to low IQ right wing nuts who are offended when someone points out their team is full of sexual perverts. I'm not saying you are one of these misguided, that would break the CoC. ThumbsUp

Anybody heard anything about Al Frankin lately? 

(09-24-2018, 09:13 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Out of Line to low IQ right wing nuts who are offended when someone points out their team is full of sexual perverts. I'm not saying you are one of these misguided, that would break the CoC. ThumbsUp

Sexual perverts is not the same as what you said.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/24/politics/new-york-times-kavanaugh-renate-high-school-yearbook/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=2018-09-25T01%3A48%3A04&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNNp

One of the women whose named was on the letter attesting to Kavanaugh's character in high school now appears to have second thoughts. She recently found out that Kavanaugh and others discreetly snuck in a joke into their yearbook about having sex with her. He and some other football players are listed in one photo as the "Renate Alumnus". Her name is Renate. Two football players at the time have confirmed that it's a reference to unsubstantiated claims of having sex with her by members of the team. The person who leaked the yearbook said that Kavanaugh and the others were verbally "very disrespectful" regarding the girl. There are a total of 14 references to her in the yearbook.

https://abc7news.com/politics/brett-kavanaughs-yale-roommate-says-he-believes-second-accuser/4330055/

Kavanaugh's yale roommate has stated that he believes the 2nd accuser, attesting to her character and saying that Kavanaugh, while normally reserved, would engage in heavy drinking and frequently get incoherently drunk where he would become aggressive.

(09-24-2018, 06:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Dems were pushing the "rushing it" agenda long perform any accusations of sexual misconduct was brought to light. Let's be honest and call a spade a spade. 

If the GOP wanted to vote without any further answers it would have happened on SEP 20 when it was originally planned. 

Agreed, which takes away from when the gop was trying to move things along without any further looks.

On the surface the play here by Democrats is yo delay until midterms. But I don't think they're opposed to kavanaugh. Remember, he's just as pro executive authority (which absolves Congress of a multitude of sins) and pro big business as they come. I think the Dems are fine with kavanaugh, they're just hoping the push through on seating him helps them in midterms to pick up more seats. 
(09-24-2018, 08:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I agree, here. I mean, I think Kavanaugh is a crap choice for a number of reasons, but this wasn't a rushed thing. I will say, though, that according to Ronan Farrow's reporting, the GOP leadership in the Senate and White House was aware of the second allegation prior to the reporting of it, and it was after that there was a push to get the vote through before the second allegation was made public. Agree or disagree with the timeline, that looks bad.

I think there is a split in the GOP on this issue, Kavanaugh in general, right now. McConnell didn't want him because of the baggage, and there are probably plenty of others that feel the same. This has probably caused a lot of the issues with this because if they wanted to they could'v'e just made this happen. There is nothing the Democrats could do to stop it if the GOP Senators were all behind him.

So you're saying Trump picked another "best person"?

See I'd agree entirely about the Democrats trying to push a narrative of "rushing" if only because of the Garland situation.  Comparatively they will always be "rushing"...but Kavanaugh has baggage and that is the GOP's fault for not picking a cleaner guy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Well shit. Lil kav the rapey weirdo was a virgin in high school.

So that means he is incapable of being a scumbag right?
(09-24-2018, 11:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/24/politics/new-york-times-kavanaugh-renate-high-school-yearbook/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=2018-09-25T01%3A48%3A04&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNNp

One of the women whose named was on the letter attesting to Kavanaugh's character in high school now appears to have second thoughts. She recently found out that Kavanaugh and others discreetly snuck in a joke into their yearbook about having sex with her. He and some other football players are listed in one photo as the "Renate Alumnus". Her name is Renate. Two football players at the time have confirmed that it's a reference to unsubstantiated claims of having sex with her by members of the team. The person who leaked the yearbook said that Kavanaugh and the others were verbally "very disrespectful" regarding the girl. There are a total of 14 references to her in the yearbook.

His lawyer is saying that the reference to her is in regards to him kissing her at one school event... something she says never happened. 

So at worst, the guy who says he didn't see any behavior of disrespect towards women at his school was one of many guys who bragged about having sex with a girl in their yearbook. At best, he was one of many guys who bragged about making out with a girl in his yearbook.

(09-25-2018, 12:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: His lawyer is saying that the reference to her is in regards to him kissing her at one school event... something she says never happened. 

So at worst, the guy who says he didn't see any behavior of disrespect towards women at his school was one of many guys who bragged about having sex with a girl in their yearbook. At best, he was one of many guys who bragged about making out with a girl in his yearbook.

Hope they never get their hands on my yearbook. Sadie Hawkins was a hoot

One of them had a poem about her:

“You need a date / and it’s getting late / so don’t hesitate / to call Renate.”

Mark Judge, who is alleged to have been in the room with him is also listed as a "Renate Alumni".

Others list themselves as part of the "Renate Suicide Squad" and one is "Chairman of the Bored of the Renate Club"

(09-25-2018, 12:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hope they never get their hands on my yearbook. Sadie Hawkins was a hoot

You and your buddies also made repeated references about having sex with the same girl?

(09-25-2018, 12:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You and your buddies also made repeated references about having sex with the same girl?

To say we didn't boast about our conquests would be lying. Of course we were just kids

(09-25-2018, 01:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: To say we didn't boast about our conquests would be lying. Of course we were just kids

For complaining the most about people not answering questions, you sure don't answer a lot of questions. I am assuming you and your friends did not make repeated references in your yearbook about having sex with the same girl based on your response.