Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(10-04-2018, 03:05 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: EDIT: Democrats wanted the Ford accusations investigated. The FBI investigated the Ford accusations and even went outside the scope and talked to the Second Accusor. Now Democrats are saying "NO, WE WANT MORE".

It's over and the longer Democrats continue to delay and smear Kavanaugh, the more they can kiss the House and Senate goodbye in November. I'm already thinking that Republicans will pick up seats in the House and Senate if the election was held today. But alas the Democrats have over four weeks to get the people to forget what they have done.

(10-04-2018, 03:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: SSShh... Let's not let this get out, but just between you and I: I think the Dems have miscalculated how to play this. They hoped to show their base that they were fighting for them, but it has gone too far to the extreme as now a few Dems whose seat is on the line in November may have to vote for if they stand a chance at earning a seat. Hindsight being what it is; they should have taken Hill's advice: When they go low we go high; unfortunately they chose: When they go low we go lower.

I admit it is very hard to run against Trump when none of his supporters care what he says or does...they just believe everything he says.

Denies having an affair...denies knowledge of paying off the woman he slept with...get caught talking about and a paper trail of the payment and the republicans don't care.

Lies every day...Republicans don't care.

So when the Democrats say "Hey, this guy might have a shady past.  We have a couple people who say he did some bad things" the GOP just spins in into an attack on their Golden Calf Trump and the Republican voters tighten up, hold their nose and defend him.

Trump is a master conman.  To the point that his supporters will admit everything that is wrong with im and everything that makes him not only a bad POTUS but a bad human being...and then they still support him because not doing so would be admitting they got hoodwinked.

(That, of course, discounts the ones who solely wanted a Republican so they could end abortion and (fingers crossed) allow Christianity to be publicly displayed in America again so we'll stop having hurricanes and flooding.)

Mob mentality has taken over the GOP base.  God bless their little hearts.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-04-2018, 03:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: You forgot Trump, (who even admitted to) only authorizing a "limited" investigation. Hint. Don't get deep enough to get any true answers.

Trump supporters will ignore Trump himself to claim this was a thorough investigation. Crazy! We are living in the twilight zone.

Americans will decide on if this is the direction they want America to go in come November. I agree, and I agree there are many who still side with Russia in their attack against America (an unprecedented amount never before seen in American history), and plenty who just can't help to support and elect sexual predators even those who openly admit and brag about it all because they aren't Hillary. Which is a compliment to Hillary no doubt.

Actually he stated it should be limited in scope; which it should have been. He's been investigated in a broad scope 6 times prior. He also said FBI had free rein to discover what they need to in regards to the accusations. I do agree there is a population sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming "la,la,la,la" You just might be surprised which side is doing it.

I further agree with your assessment that we are living in the twilight zone. When folks want to ignore due process and assume guilty until proven innocent, we are tearing at the very fabric of our Nation. I thought you were a patriot.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-04-2018, 03:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: I admit it is very hard to run against Trump when none of his supporters care what he says or does...they just believe everything he says.

Denies having an affair...denies knowledge of paying off the woman he slept with...get caught talking about and a paper trail of the payment and the republicans don't care.

Lies every day...Republicans don't care.

So when the Democrats say "Hey, this guy might have a shady past.  We have a couple people who say he did some bad things" the GOP just spins in into an attack on their Golden Calf Trump and the Republican voters tighten up, hold their nose and defend him.

Trump is a master conman.  To the point that his supporters will admit everything that is wrong with im and everything that makes him not only a bad POTUS but a bad human being...and then they still support him because not doing so would be admitting they got hoodwinked.

(That, of course, discounts the ones who solely wanted a Republican so they could end abortion and (fingers crossed) allow Christianity to be publicly displayed in America again so we'll stop having hurricanes and flooding.)

Mob mentality has taken over the GOP base.  God bless their little hearts.

You do realize Trump is not up for reelection this November don't you. Outside of that your post makes 0 sense.

(10-04-2018, 03:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize Trump is not up for reelection this November don't you. Outside of that your post makes 0 sense.

I realize you didn't read my post (again) but used the "0 sense" line (again) or you would have seen how I was talking about the GOP base and how Trump has conned them to the point that they have to support anything he says or does...that includes Kavanaugh.

I know it hurts to realize you have been fooled (are a fool?) but I bet a lot of those folks who paid to see the oddities Barnum had them pay to see felt a bid bad about themselves afterwards also.

I mean you were talking about Clinton. Wrongly, but still....
Bfine ignoring WH stating they limited who can even be interviewed. Try that with someone else Bfine. I can't be easily conned. That's the protection common sense give you.

And as far as being a patriot. How you act allows you to make judgement. Just like Trump acting guilty with the Russia investigation, Republicans, Kav and Trump supporters are acting guilty (or acting like they know Kav is guilty) by their fear of a full FBI investigation or not even wanting Kav to answer questions from the prosecutor.

But I'll play the fool and I guess believe the side wanting a full investigation and submitted their person to 4+ hours of interviewing in front of a prosecutor is lying and the side that saved their guy after only 2 questions to attack Clinton and Dems, with a WH refusing to allow for a complete investigation is telling the truth....

Although using common sense is far more simpler. Especially when it relates to politics.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(10-04-2018, 03:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hills advice? Yall just can't quit Hillary..
Signed,
Michelle Obama.

p.s Obsessed. Sad!

Actually Barrack was the first to say it; Michelle repeated it. Hills just gave it as advice during the 2nd Presidential Election. So yeah, it's Hill's advice.

(10-04-2018, 03:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: Kav, under oath mind you, so it better be true, said this was the doing of the Clinton's....... Would he have lied and said that to the FBI like he did under oath to the Republican Congress? #commonsensepolitics says no which is why they won't approve the FBI to interview him.

People who support people who obviously lie under oath  is disgraceful. Especially a judge nominated to the highest court of the land. Something he clearly has no respect for (the law). This in of itself is disqualifying. But you can't expect people to care (unless it was the Clintons or Obama).

Time for Americans to stop holding Dems to higher standards.

An opinion isn't a lie, and he said it was in retaliation for the Clintons.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-04-2018, 03:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually Barrack was the first to say it; Michelle repeated it. Hills just gave it as advice during the 2nd Presidential Election. So yeah, it's Hill's advice.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain was the first to say it, but I'm saying it now.  So yeah, it's my advice.   Mellow
(10-04-2018, 03:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: I realize you didn't read my post (again) but used the "0 sense" line (again) or you would have seen how I was talking about the GOP base and how Trump has conned them to the point that they have to support anything he says or does...that includes Kavanaugh.

I know it hurts to realize you have been fooled (are a fool?) but I bet a lot of those folks who paid to see the oddities Barnum had them pay to see felt a bid bad about themselves afterwards also.

Yeah, I originally stopped after the first line where dude said "I admit it's hard to run against Trump" and thought  WTF is this guy talking about; yet I continued.

As I continued I saw nothing to address the point how the Dems might have misplayed this, just the same tired attacks on POTUS and his base.

Yes, Dino I am hurt, because I have been fooled. I really thought they were going to find evidence to confirm Kavs sexually assaulted anyone. I could be in need of a crying shelter.

(10-04-2018, 03:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: An opinion isn't a lie, and he said it was in retaliation for the Clintons.

Oh his message to Trump was clear:  He's on his side against the haters and the "left".  

I don't know if Trump fell in love with him like he did with that guy in North Korea though....
(10-04-2018, 03:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: An opinion isn't a lie, and he said it was in retaliation for the Clintons.

This is where you are wrong (not to be rude). Under oath there is no room for "opinions".

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(10-04-2018, 03:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain was the first to say it, but I'm saying it now.  So yeah, it's my advice.   Mellow

Good advice Dino.

(10-04-2018, 03:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh his message to Trump was clear:  He's on his side against the haters and the "left".  

I don't know if Trump fell in love with him like he did with that guy in North Korea though....

I don't know what you are saying here.  JJ said he wouldn't dare say that to the FBI because that's what some hashtag said, so I responded to it.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-04-2018, 03:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: This is where you are wrong (not to be rude). Under oath there is no room for "opinions".

What?  You can certainly state your opinion on why events are happening the way they are.  Do you think if I went back through Dr Ford's testimony I couldn't find opinions?

(10-04-2018, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I originally stopped after the first line where dude said "I admit it's hard to run against Trump" and thought  WTF is this guy talking about; yet I continued.

As I continued I saw nothing to address the point how the Dems might have misplayed this, just the same tired attacks on POTUS and his base.

Perhaps Hooked on Phonics would work for you?

I addressed how Trump has reshaped the base into a disbelieving mass. A group unfazed by anything accept what Trump tells them. Hint: they vote for the GOP in the midterms too.

The false narrative that the "Dems misplayed this" doesn't even matter. No matter what that mindless mob will follow Trump and whatever he says...even the lies.

(10-04-2018, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, Dino I am hurt, because I have been fooled. I really thought they were going to find evidence to confirm Kavs sexually assaulted anyone. I could be in need of a crying shelter.

Aww....not that. Fooled by Trump. Every day. All the time. To the point that you even admit you support him (now).

Please, please stop accusing others of saying Kavanaugh (Kavs to his friends I guess) would be found to have done this for sure. It's a bad look.

Plenty of organizations in the US cover up this stuff when there IS evidence and reports.

And I'm not saying there was a coverup...just that I didn't think they could prove anything but four (4) allegations are worth a quick look see before a lifetime appointment.
(10-04-2018, 03:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know what you are saying here.  JJ said he wouldn't dare say that to the FBI because that's what some hashtag said, so I responded to it.  

I'm agree he didn't say it WAS the Clintons....but his message was it is a "witch hunt" and it's haters on the left and the losers who can't get over Clinton losing who are behind it.  That's all for Trump and his minions.
(10-04-2018, 03:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm agree he didn't say it WAS the Clintons....but his message was it is a "witch hunt" and it's haters on the left and the losers who can't get over Clinton losing who are behind it.  That's all for Trump and his minions.

Well yeah his message was clear.  Also back to the Starr investigation I believe.  

(10-04-2018, 03:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well yeah his message was clear.  Also back to the Starr investigation I believe.  

Back when he felt a full, complete and detailed investigation of any and all sexual acts was VERY important?  Indeed.
The FBI talked to the second Accusor as well. I don't know if they talked with any of her witnesses, maybe the ones she stated were there in her story at the beginning.

The problem with the second Accusor is that the people she said were there didn't back her up and now, NOW, she has 20 more witnesses. She should had listed them in the beginning because to the FBI and me it looks fishy. that new witness list is tainted, they could tell the truth then again they could have been put up to lie. There's just too much doubt surrounding the new list of witnesses.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(10-04-2018, 03:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Perhaps Hooked on Phonics would work for you?

I addressed how Trump has reshaped the base into a disbelieving mass.  A group unfazed by anything accept what Trump tells them.  Hint: they vote for the GOP in the midterms too.

The false narrative that the "Dems misplayed this" doesn't even matter.  No matter what that mindless mob will follow Trump and whatever he says...even the lies.

That's exactly what I said the post stated. You're just saying it again differently.