Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(10-04-2018, 08:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Guess I didn't follow back far enough.  I stand by my statements and questions though.

No calling out Fred on his "little fantasy"? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-04-2018, 05:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: No, under oath (for example) at your trial I can't testify that you killed someone. Then later say well it was my opinion. Perjury wouldn't exist if all we could say was it was our opinion. As you can tell in these debates, opinions supersedes facts regardless of the obvious in many cases (It was a thorough investigation/ignoring the WH statement of it's limits). And that can't be allowed to happen in the court of law (under oath). That's just facts. Nothing political.

They went back through Fords testimony and no Republican can find anything she testified about that was just "her opinion". Found her to be credible. She made statements as fact. Not her opinion. "100%"... remember that powerful statement. Besides the prosecutor wouldn't have allowed for it with her 4 hours of follow up questions and fact finding. Which I know yall appreciated and I'm happy Dems didn't cut her off after 2 questions to play politics during a serious hearing.

They went back to see if she gave an opinion on anything? When was that? He is giving his opinion on the motivations behind this. That’s not perjury if he’s right or wrong, and good luck proving a negative.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-04-2018, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No calling out Fred on his "little fantasy"? 

I stand by my questioning your statements about his scenario.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-04-2018, 06:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: She still stated it as fact, not opinion.

What? Did you read what you wrote?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-04-2018, 08:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the Democrat side really thought that there was anything damning?  You can bet that they would NOT have sat on it, until the eleventh hour.  They would have taken that straight to the judiciary committee, and had it looked into to the fullest.

There is no "eleventh hour". There is whenever it ends.

And they could STILL have looked at into it to the fullest but they chose not to.
(10-04-2018, 08:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: I stand by my questioning your statements about his scenario.

I'll take that as an open-minded no. 

But I have answered every question you asked about the "little fantasy". Right up to the point where you told me it was my "little fantasy". 

Stand by it all you want.  

(10-04-2018, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll take that as an open-minded no. 

But I have answered every question you asked about the "little fantasy". Right up to the point where you told me it was my "little fantasy". 

Stand by it all you want.  

And I was wrong that it was your fantasy.

And I stand by my questioning your answer to the scenario.  That you would trust your babysitter MORE after such an accusation...because, well, they did a good job for a long time.
(10-04-2018, 08:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

There is no "eleventh hour".  There is whenever it ends.

And they could STILL have looked at into it to the fullest but they chose not to.

Face it.  It was staged drama, in an attempt to delay the confirmation.  It panned out shorter than the Democrats hoped it would.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-04-2018, 08:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Face it.  It was staged drama, in an attempt to delay the confirmation.  It panned out shorter than the Democrats hoped it would.

Only thing I'll face is that once it was know the GOP could still have "fully investigated" it but chose not to because of "time". Which is just an arbitrary time they chose also.
(10-04-2018, 08:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: And I was wrong that it was your fantasy.

And I stand by my questioning your answer to the scenario.  That you would trust your babysitter MORE after such an accusation...because, well, they did a good job for a long time.

Nowhere did I say I would trust my babysitter MORE after such an allegation. As it plays out; I'd most likely trust the accuser LESS.

CAPLOCKS are fun. 

(10-04-2018, 08:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Only thing I'll face is that once it was know the GOP could still have "fully investigated" it but chose not to because of "time". Which is just an arbitrary time they chose also.

Your own party did it to themselves, by sitting on the "accusation" until the eleventh hour.  There was literally months of time to bring this forward, and get a full investigation.  

Morale of the story?  Quit grandstanding and produce something credible, otherwise it's just fabricated crapola.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-04-2018, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Your own party did it to themselves, by sitting on the "accusation" until the eleventh hour.  There was literally months of time to bring this forward, and get a full investigation.  

Morale of the story?  Quit grandstanding and produce something credible, otherwise it's just fabricated crapola.

Still no such thing as the "eleventh hour".  Still only one party that created a false narrative of "time" and therefore opposed the FBI investigation.  Still one only party "grandstanding" and demanding they be allowed to do it as quickly as they want no matter what.

If you want to willfully ignore why the information was released when it was I can't change that.  Just like I can't change you think a five day investigation was "too long".
(10-04-2018, 09:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Still no such thing as the "eleventh hour".  Still only one party that created a false narrative of "time" and therefore opposed the FBI investigation.  Still one only party "grandstanding" and demanding they be allowed to do it as quickly as they want no matter what.

If you want to willfully ignore why the information was released when it was I can't change that.  Just like I can't change you think a five day investigation was "too long".

I guess that you're right.  It doesn't take much time at all to deem a accusation unsubstantiated, when there's nothing to corroborate the story.  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-04-2018, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Your own party did it to themselves, by sitting on the "accusation" until the eleventh hour.  There was literally months of time to bring this forward, and get a full investigation.  

This conversation you're having with Dino perfectly illustrates the blinkered partisanship of this issue.  it is clear to anyone that isn't a Democrat shill that this was sat on deliberately as an "October surprise".  It is equally clear that the other intention was to delay the confirmation until after; 1. the new SCOTUS "season" began and 2. until after the elections, both to use it as a means to drive Dem voters to the polls but also in the slim hope that the Dems gain the Senate and won't confirm anyone Trump wants.  In so doing they caused the entire circus and it has blown up in their faces.  They have actually created much more enthusiasm among GOP voters than previously existed and cratered the reelection hopes of Heitkamp at the very least.

Seriously, anyone who can't acknowledge the real reasons behind the delay is someone so partisan they don't deserve the time it takes to disprove them.
I dont always support partisan sexually deviant drunkards with a history of poor judgement for lifetime appointments to the supreme court , but when i do im a republican.

Damn good time for me to have white skin and a penis.
(10-04-2018, 10:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Damn good time for me to have white skin and a penis.

Whose?

:Mellow:
(10-04-2018, 10:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This conversation you're having with Dino perfectly illustrates the blinkered partisanship of this issue.  it is clear to anyone that isn't a Democrat shill that this was sat on deliberately as an "October surprise".  It is equally clear that the other intention was to delay the confirmation until after; 1. the new SCOTUS "season" began and 2. until after the elections, both to use it as a means to drive Dem voters to the polls but also in the slim hope that the Dems gain the Senate and won't confirm anyone Trump wants.  In so doing they caused the entire circus and it has blown up in their faces.  They have actually created much more enthusiasm among GOP voters than previously existed and cratered the reelection hopes of Heitkamp at the very least.

Seriously, anyone who can't acknowledge the real reasons behind the delay is someone so partisan they don't deserve the time it takes to disprove them.

A completely partisan post on your part accusing others of "blinkered partisanship".

That sir, was high comedy and I salute you.  Hilarious
First Trump and now this guy. I'm starting to think democrat incompetence can get any opponent voted into power.
(10-04-2018, 11:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: A completely partisan post on your part accusing others of "blinkered partisanship".

That sir, was high comedy and I salute you.  Hilarious

Rather telling you didn't even try and dispute a single point made.  It's ok though, it's late, go to bed.  You can shill some more tomorrow.
(10-04-2018, 10:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This conversation you're having with Dino perfectly illustrates the blinkered partisanship of this issue.  it is clear to anyone that isn't a Democrat shill that this was sat on deliberately as an "October surprise".  It is equally clear that the other intention was to delay the confirmation until after; 1. the new SCOTUS "season" began and 2. until after the elections, both to use it as a means to drive Dem voters to the polls but also in the slim hope that the Dems gain the Senate and won't confirm anyone Trump wants.  In so doing they caused the entire circus and it has blown up in their faces.  They have actually created much more enthusiasm among GOP voters than previously existed and cratered the reelection hopes of Heitkamp at the very least.

All politics aside. Do you think this is the best possible Justice for our country for 50+ yrs?

Honest question. And if not, who would you have preferred? Sorry if this was covered.