Poll: Trade Chase Before T?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.09 Average
Keep Tee Trade Chase
(10-08-2023, 08:18 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Tee balled out when Jamar Chase was out too.

Starting to think they cannibalize each other. It's probably best to keep one and leet the other walk. It's dumb to pay both PLUS Burrow anyway.

Tee’s best game without Chase was 148 yards 0 TD’s. Nothing to sneeze at, but he does not completely take over games like Ja’Marr does.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee’s best game without Chase was 148 yards 0 TD’s. Nothing to sneeze at, but he does not completely take over games like Ja’Marr does.

Point stands. I don't remenber seeing Tee put up high yardage when Chase is also on the field. 

I think they're so farr different from one another that you can't really go wrong. Keep one of the other, just don't spend on both.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 08:22 PM)pally Wrote:

If they're willing to give up a 2024 #1, with how bad they are, I think that's hard not to listen to, but with them not having one what's the point.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:33 PM)TheFan Wrote: If they're willing to give up a 2024 #1, with how bad they are, I think that's hard not to listen to. 

They don't have a 1st round to give I don't  think.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:34 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: They don't have a 1st round to give I don't  think.

You are correct, didn't finishing my post fully before sending like a ninny.
Reply/Quote
Love Tee and think he is solid but Chase is way more dynamic, slippery/hard to tackle, sturdier (built thicker/less injury prone), in synch w JB, and not just a solid/talented one-dimensional WR who can stretch the field.
Reply/Quote
Damn does Carolina have a #2 this year?
I would do that in heartbeat as it will be a pick in the low 30s. Could take the #1 guard in the draft at that point.
Reply/Quote
Today shown why you keep Chase and tag Tee after this season.

To Clark, as Bigzo said, the Panthers don't have a 1st next year in the Draft so that trade won't happen.

We will want at least a 1st for Tee if we DO trade him I am sure. But I guess I wouldn't be against the 1st pick in the 2nd...
Reply/Quote
Don’t see the need to keep Tee if we are transitioning to this RPO offense.

Or Boyd honestly.

With this offense we ran today, it can be Burrow, Chase and no1 else even matters. They just gotta be able to catch a damn slant.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Keep them both. Trade Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:54 PM)Housh Wrote: They just gotta be able to catch a damn slant.

Which used to be Boyd’s wheel house money-in-the-bank play.

No idea why we completely abandoned it.

Ps. Love Boyd but he regressed this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Keep them both. Trade Mixon.

Nobody is giving up anything for Mixon. Plus, the RB group is way too weak to do that even if you could. Evans, Brown, Williams would be the worst RB room in the league.

As to the OP…

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Keep them both.  Trade Mixon.

Unless it's one of those young speedsters out there making a name for himself (which will never happen), can't trade the only rb that can be relied on.

But man they could definitely use speed and pass protection back there. Maybe next offseason they can make a legit effort in trying to find a proper Gio replacement at the very least.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee’s best game without Chase was 148 yards 0 TD’s. Nothing to sneeze at, but he does not completely take over games like Ja’Marr does.

To be fair not one WR can do what Chase can do! OK maybe Hill and Jefferson but that's about it!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Unless Tee is just beside himself with anger over not getting an extension, I'd keep him. It's a shame if that's the case, and frankly I don't think it is. Ride it out until the offseason and see what can be worked out either in trade or a possible extension.

I despise the franchise tag here. it almost always goes bad. If that's the only way to keep him, then I actively try to trade him for a first.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:31 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Point stands. I don't remenber seeing Tee put up high yardage when Chase is also on the field. 

I think they're so farr different from one another that you can't really go wrong. Keep one of the other, just don't spend on both.

As someone who was very vocal before the draft about trading Tee Higgins (and I am still vocal about tagging and trading him next offseason)....

Week 4, 2022: 7/124/1
Week 16, 2021: 12/194/2
Week 14, 2021: 5/114/0
Week 13, 2021: 9/138/1
Week 12, 2021: 6/114/1

Chase was on the field for all those games Tee had.

- - - - 

You can absolutely go wrong... by keeping the worse and less durable one. Tee is a very good WR, but Chase is a great WR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 09:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: As someone who was very vocal before the draft about trading Tee Higgins (and I am still vocal about tagging and trading him next offseason)....

Week 4, 2022: 7/124/1
Week 16, 2021: 12/194/2
Week 14, 2021: 5/114/0
Week 13, 2021: 9/138/1
Week 12, 2021: 6/114/1

Chase was on the field for all those games Tee had.

- - - - 

You can absolutely go wrong... by keeping the worse and less durable one. Tee is a very good WR, but Chase is a great WR.
Since Chase has come into the league. he and Tee have played the exact same number of games. What makes Chase more durable?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Trading Chase is a non-starter as Burrow would never allow it.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Today shown why you keep Chase and tag Tee after this season.

To Clark, as Bigzo said, the Panthers don't have a 1st next year in the Draft so that trade won't happen.

We will want at least a 1st for Tee if we DO trade him I am sure. But I guess I wouldn't be against the 1st pick in the 2nd...

Agree that if the Bengals trade Higgins it would have to be a 1st round pick, or more.

I'm for trading him if he can not be signed in lieu of tagging him though. Always feel in tag years the team is at risk of the player playing to not get hurt or just taking it as an insult and being disgruntled. Plus feel its the right thing to do for the player if neither side comes to terms on a contract. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Keep them both.  Trade Mixon.

Am all for moving on from Mixon, but do not believe he has any worth in trade. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote