Poll: Trade Chase Before T?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.09 Average
Keep Tee Trade Chase
(09-22-2023, 04:41 PM)Mer Wrote: I'm sure this will be a very unpopular choice but I'd rather sign Tee and let Chase walk. Our coaches have no clue how to game plan for Chase so signing him only will be a waste. Other teams will triple team Chase if we don't have a Tee caliber WR on the other side making any contract he signs a waste of team money.

[Citation Needed]
Reply/Quote
In a year or so Tee Higgins will look great in Packer, Bears, Cardinal, Raiders gear and that will be the last we ever hear from him.

I'm kidding... The Bengals will have, like, $50+ Million of cap space next season and very few guys they are going to want to re-up. NONE of which will be before Higgins. It will be fine. It's why the won't pay a backup QB this season. It's why they cut Collins (roll over). It's why they restructured Mixon. Don't sweat Higgins' deal.... unless something catastrophic happens.
Reply/Quote
If you trade Tee now, you could end up with a top 15 pick if the team he is traded to faulters. Otherwise if you wait until after the season is over, no team is giving up a top 15 pick for Tee.

I would rather use the money saved by trading Tee on signing an elite pass rusher to help boost the defense. Use the 1st round draft pick on Tee's replacement.
Reply/Quote
I like Tee and hope he stays here till he retires but there’s no way a team gives up a top ten first round pick for him. I would be shocked. Even if a team does you still have no idea what you’re going to get. If we trade him I would rather see some crazy top tier player for a top tier player swap. At least you know what you’re getting. A top Center would be my choice. Love Karras and nothing against him but I would prefer he play guard. O. Brown, Karras, player to be named, Cappa, meh Williams would be a much improved line.
Reply/Quote
Tee realistically gets you a mid to late first and third RD in next years draft. I don't see the Bengals getting a top 5 pick unless it's a pick swap.
Like the Bengals move up from 32nd to 5th in next years draft For Higgins. Also if the Bengals trade Higgins I wouldn't be surprised if they move the picks for a defensive playmaker or another WR/TE.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 05:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: What team in their right mind is trading their #2 pick for Tee Higgins?  

Their are levels of WR1s, Tee is not in the top tier.

Why wouldnt the Cards just take Harrison Jr?  He may be a tier 1 WR1 and on a rookie deal for 5 years.  They would have to pay Tee immediately.

Make this insanity make sense......

I'd say the AJ Brown trade is about what we could have got for Tee. But, it's too late now.
Reply/Quote
Dudes a baller. Known commodity. Entering his prime.

The type of player you want on your team.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 04:03 PM)Burrow Sass Wrote: Let me start by saying I love me some Tee, however I'd hate to see a  repeat of the Jessie Bates type of situation where we make him play on the franchise tag one more year, piss his hard assed agent and Tee Hig off, and end up getting notta for his true value, which I believe is high. How about we try to trade him to Arizona mid -season for their second overall pick in next year's draft, choose either the best OLine prospect or Marv Harrison Jr., thus freeing up Jamar Chase contract extension money? Thoughts?
Who Dey

I know there are alot of Ohio State fans in the Who Dey Nation but Marvin Harrison Jr. is a unicorn. He is the best WR prospect since Julio Jones. If he makes it outside of the top 5 picks I would be floored. 

As for draft capital... In 2023 the Texans traded from pick 12 to pick 3 they gave up Pick 12, Pick 33, a 2024 First round Pick, and a 2024 3rd round Pick. They got picks 3 and 105(4th round).

Also next year class has really great receivers so Tee's trade stock won't be as high in 2024 because he will be on a high priced frqnchise tag and will need to be paid...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 04:03 PM)Burrow Sass Wrote: Let me start by saying I love me some Tee, however I'd hate to see a  repeat of the Jessie Bates type of situation where we make him play on the franchise tag one more year, piss his hard assed agent and Tee Hig off, and end up getting notta for his true value, which I believe is high. How about we try to trade him to Arizona mid -season for their second overall pick in next year's draft, choose either the best OLine prospect or Marv Harrison Jr., thus freeing up Jamar Chase contract extension money? Thoughts?
Who Dey

NO

You want to trade Higgins during this season for not even a 1st round pick or a starting player.  Some 2nd round pick.  I can't see trading Higgins, and if Higgins was traded, I would expect a heck of a lot more in return than a second round pick.  

You can't compare Bates to Higgins.  Bates is an average safety who wanted to be one of the highest paid safeties ever in NFL history.  It would have been stupid to give an average safety that kind of money.  There is a limit on how much you can pay a safety, and Bates went over it.   Now Higgins would be the #1 WR on many teams, and he still might be better than Chase on this team.  A WR like him is worth more money than Bates.  Bengals let Bates and a few others go because they plan on having Chase and Higgins for Burrow to throw to long term over many seasons. 

Really, a second round pick.   Not even Paul Robinson for Charlie Joiner or later Charlie Joiner for Coy Bacon.  Not even a 1st round pick or a number of picks.  One lousy second round pick for one of the best WR's in the NFL.   That is a Big NO. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 02:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dudes a baller. Known commodity. Entering his prime.

It's up to him if he wants to stay though and his agent is bates agent. He won't be paid as much here as elsewhere. Can't let him walk for free if that's what he intends
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 11:00 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If you trade Tee now, you could end up with a top 15 pick if the team he is traded to faulters.  Otherwise if you wait until after the season is over, no team is giving up a top 15 pick for Tee.

I would rather use the money saved by trading Tee on signing an elite pass rusher to help boost the defense.  Use the 1st round draft pick on Tee's replacement.

agreed on the pass rusher or a legit RT
Reply/Quote
Why do people want to trade a good player that we have for the next 2 years for an unknown player?? You do that to rebuild. In no way does trading Tee make us a better team.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be against this at all. I think comp picks are just a gimmick. They rarely amount to anything, certainly not for the Bengals. I looked it up last year and I can't remember them all off hand, but suffice it to say that they're a motley crew of randoms. Landon Johnson, Andre Caldwell, Brandon Gee and a bunch of fringe types over the last 30 years. I think Malik Jefferson was a comp or acquired through a comp- so that's what we're talking about. Chinedum Ndukwe might have been one himself, but when you're talking a Day 3 I couldn't care less. You're not letting Tee Higgins walk so you could land the 250th pick in the draft two years from now. Sounds like horrific asset management.

I love the upcoming draft, tho. Say we get a Day 2 for Tee. Bundle that with our first pick (at the very end of the first round... wink wink nudge nudge) and move up to get our guy. The OT class is great (Latham is your RT of the future) and the TEs aren't too shabby (Bowers, JT Sanders, etc.). Had we done that last year, maybe we could have landed Gibbs. The year before, maybe Linderbaum. In effect that's your "comp pick" that can lock down a position for the next 5-7 years. And given that most groups in the modern NFL are less pricey than an elite wide receiver like Higgins, it makes sense from a long-term budgeting perspective as well. You're not just getting them for their rookie deal, you might be able to shoehorn them under the cap for longer- irrespective of Joe's contract.

But no need to think about that all now. Full season left to play before it even becomes an issue. And I love me some Tee.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 12:06 PM)tms Wrote: I wouldn't be against this at all. I think comp picks are just a gimmick. 

Some decent names in this list - https://www.nfl.com/photos/most-impactful-nfl-compensatory-picks-of-all-time-0ap2000000336907

But yes they normally don't pan out.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 09:03 AM)kevin Wrote: NO

You want to trade Higgins during this season for not even a 1st round pick or a starting player.  Some 2nd round pick.  I can't see trading Higgins, and if Higgins was traded, I would expect a heck of a lot more in return than a second round pick.  

You can't compare Bates to Higgins.  Bates is an average safety who wanted to be one of the highest paid safeties ever in NFL history.  It would have been stupid to give an average safety that kind of money.  There is a limit on how much you can pay a safety, and Bates went over it.   Now Higgins would be the #1 WR on many teams, and he still might be better than Chase on this team.  A WR like him is worth more money than Bates.  Bengals let Bates and a few others go because they plan on having Chase and Higgins for Burrow to throw to long term over many seasons. 

Really, a second round pick.   Not even Paul Robinson for Charlie Joiner or later Charlie Joiner for Coy Bacon.  Not even a 1st round pick or a number of picks.  One lousy second round pick for one of the best WR's in the NFL.   That is a Big NO. 

Bates is better than the average safety, he is likely deemed to be in the top 25%.  Tee is closer to Top 50% of WR1s.

Tee is not better than Chase.  Every WR1 is worth more money that a safety.  Bengals let Bates go because paying safeties top dollar is stupid.

We would be lucky to get anything higher than #18 in the first round, but more likely to acquire a 2nd and 4th this trade deadline, and only the 2nd at the next deadline.  Time left on contract & cost are 2 major issues when acquiring a player via trade, neither of those will be in our favor next season. 

All that said, it is highly doubtful we trade Tee.

Reply/Quote
My thoughts are, I wish people would quit trying to get rid of one of our best players.
Reply/Quote
Question 
(09-24-2023, 11:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My thoughts are, I wish people would quit trying to get rid of one of our best players.

Absolutely right! Who caught both touchdown passes in the Super Bowl?

Tee Higgins!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 11:45 AM)ah5 Wrote: Why do people want to trade a good player that we have for the next 2 years for an unknown player?? You do that to rebuild.  In no way does trading Tee make us a better team.

Because we have a superstar QB who's window is the 10-15 years. If we lose Tee for nothing we jeopardize Burrow's window.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 08:23 AM)Synric Wrote: I know there are alot of Ohio State fans in the Who Dey Nation but Marvin Harrison Jr. is a unicorn. He is the best WR prospect since Julio Jones. If he makes it outside of the top 5 picks I would be floored. 

As for draft capital... In 2023 the Texans traded from pick 12 to pick 3 they gave up Pick 12, Pick 33, a 2024 First round Pick, and a 2024 3rd round Pick. They got picks 3 and 105(4th round).

Also next year class has really great receivers so Tee's trade stock won't be as high in 2024 because he will be on a high priced frqnchise tag and will need to be paid...

Big OSU fan, but not a big fan of picking OSU guys, but yeah MH Jr would be an incredible get.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 02:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dudes a baller. Known commodity. Entering his prime.

No, let’s trade him, so the Bengals can waste the pick. 
Reply/Quote