Poll: Trade Chase Before T?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.09 Average
Keep Tee Trade Chase
(09-18-2023, 04:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO, it comes down to $ demand.

I've asked more than once is Chase at a market-setting price more valuable than Tee at a top-tier price. 

I'm sure folks said KC was stupid for parting ways with Tyreek, but that was 1 Lombardi ago. 

Very true, but a tough pill to swallow.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:35 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I know this is not going to be popular but I think the Bengals would be better off Trading Chase and Keeping Tee Higgins.

I believe Tee has a lot more ability as an NFL wide receiver due to his size and his ceiling in my view is higher.  This is my opinion I know not a popular one but if between the two I am saying keep T and fill in some quicker WR.

Yep I agree 100%,  this opinion is not going to be popular at all. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Trade Burrow for #1 draft picks for the rest of his natural born life and the lives of his children and grandchildren..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Let me start by saying I love me some Tee, however I'd hate to see a repeat of the Jessie Bates type of situation where we make him play on the franchise tag one more year, piss his hard assed agent and Tee Hig off, and end up getting notta for his true value, which I believe is high. How about we try to trade him to Arizona mid -season for their second overall pick in next year's draft, choose either the best OLine prospect or Marv Harrison Jr., thus freeing up Jamar Chase contract extension money? Thoughts?
Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 04:03 PM)Burrow Sass Wrote: Let me start by saying I love me some Tee, however I'd hate to see a  repeat of the Jessie Bates type of situation where we make him play on the franchise tag one more year, piss his hard assed agent and Tee Hig off, and end up getting notta for his true value, which I believe is high. How about we try to trade him to Arizona mid -season for their second overall pick in next year's draft, choose either the best OLine prospect or Marv Harrison Jr., thus freeing up Jamar Chase contract extension money? Thoughts?
Who Dey

Yes
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Keep-Tee-Trade-Chase
Reply/Quote
The time to trade Higgins was before the 2023 draft when your return would help you now. The next time to trade Higgins is before the 2024 draft (tag and trade). Still too much talent on the team to make it worse now in exchange for future help.

I think the division is out of the question, but there's the bullshit 7th seed nowadays. The Dolphins made the playoffs at 9-8 last year, which will be hard for the Bengals because not only are they 0-2 in the division but also the AFC, which will hurt tie breakers (Steelers missed playoffs at 9-8).

Still, if they put Burrow on IR and go 1-3, that's 9-2 to finish the season with 10 wins, 8-3 if they go 2-2 without Burrow. That's not great odds, but it's still odds enough that you can't toss away 2023 for future years yet. They did go on an 8-0 streak to finish the regular season last year.

If you don't want a guaranteed playoff spot at 10-7 and instead feel like gambling with tie breakers, 2 of the 4 teams that went 9-8 last year made the playoffs because of the weak 7th seed, and that's 8-4 even if they go 1-3 without Burrow, so it's not over yet even if Burrow goes on IR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Uh, no....
Reply/Quote
I'm sure this will be a very unpopular choice but I'd rather sign Tee and let Chase walk. Our coaches have no clue how to game plan for Chase so signing him only will be a waste. Other teams will triple team Chase if we don't have a Tee caliber WR on the other side making any contract he signs a waste of team money.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 04:03 PM)Burrow Sass Wrote: Let me start by saying I love me some Tee, however I'd hate to see a  repeat of the Jessie Bates type of situation where we make him play on the franchise tag one more year, piss his hard assed agent and Tee Hig off, and end up getting notta for his true value, which I believe is high. How about we try to trade him to Arizona mid -season for their second overall pick in next year's draft, choose either the best OLine prospect or Marv Harrison Jr., thus freeing up Jamar Chase contract extension money? Thoughts?
Who Dey

Tee is a great player. No team will be giving up a top 10 pick to get him when they have to pay him next year. Especially in your scenario, why wouldn't the cards just draft Marvin Harrison if they wanted a receiver? Doesn't make sense for a team to trade a high draft pick for a non-QB when they have to pay them immediately. 
Reply/Quote
Who Dey

What team in their right mind is trading their #2 pick for Tee Higgins?  

Their are levels of WR1s, Tee is not in the top tier.

Why wouldnt the Cards just take Harrison Jr?  He may be a tier 1 WR1 and on a rookie deal for 5 years.  They would have to pay Tee immediately.

Make this insanity make sense......

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 04:57 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Tee is a great player. No team will be giving up a top 10 pick to get him when they have to pay him next year. Especially in your scenario, why wouldn't the cards just draft Marvin Harrison if they wanted a receiver? Doesn't make sense for a team to trade a high draft pick for a non-QB when they have to pay them immediately. 

Missed your comment which is obvious to anyone that watches and understands the NFL.  

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 04:41 PM)Mer Wrote: I'm sure this will be a very unpopular choice but I'd rather sign Tee and let Chase walk. Our coaches have no clue how to game plan for Chase so signing him only will be a waste. Other teams will triple team Chase if we don't have a Tee caliber WR on the other side making any contract he signs a waste of team money.

So Chase and Burrow obviously suck worse than Cousins & JJ?  Worse than Kupp and Stafford?   

Our fans are so spoiled by having so many good WRs and inflicted by the terrible offensive scheme of Zac Taylor they forget that not every team has more than one WR1.  In fact less than a handful do.  KC won a Super Bowl without any WRs.  

Reply/Quote
My crystal ballsack says Tee Higgins signs for stupid #1 money with the ultra desperate for anything resembling a #1WR NY Giants and we get a Mike Brown special comp pick for our troubles.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 04:41 PM)Mer Wrote: I'm sure this will be a very unpopular choice but I'd rather sign Tee and let Chase walk. Our coaches have no clue how to game plan for Chase so signing him only will be a waste. Other teams will triple team Chase if we don't have a Tee caliber WR on the other side making any contract he signs a waste of team money.

Last season Jamarr Chase was 14th in receptions and 16th in reception yards. That's not among just receivers; that's among ALL receiving options. Oh, and did I mention Chase missed 4 games last season too (technically 5 since the Buffalo game didn't count)? Why in the everloving eff-word would you want to NOT keep the clearly generational player, especially one who gets great stats with a supposedly clueless coaching staff?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 05:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Last season Jamarr Chase was 14th in receptions and 16th in reception yards. That's not among just receivers; that's among ALL receiving options. Oh, and did I mention Chase missed 4 games last season too (technically 5 since the Buffalo game didn't count)? Why in the everloving eff-word would you want to NOT keep the clearly generational player, especially one who gets great stats with a supposedly clueless coaching staff?

Because mate, we just don't know how to use Chase... You've completely ignored his rookie season... oh yeah, he was incredible then too.

Two games and it's time to trade Chase and keep Tee. Come on guys lol.
Reply/Quote
Not one team would trade a round 1 pick for Tee. We could get a 2nd round. But no way we get a first round, let alone the #2 pick lol. Pretty sure the chiefs only got a 3rd rounder for Tyreek - the best receiver in football.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey

I agree with others that no one would trade that high of a pick. I think we could get a 2nd but it would have to be a team trying to win this year. I also really like Tee but if the next month goes about the same as the last couple weeks have gone I would be open to the idea. I just think it's doubtful we sign him long term and if the front office knows we won't sign him I would be open to add picks to have a mini rebuild of an off-season.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 07:52 PM)ochocincoftw Wrote: Not one team would trade a round 1 pick for Tee. We could get a 2nd round. But no way we get a first round, let alone the #2 pick lol. Pretty sure the chiefs only got a 3rd rounder for Tyreek - the best receiver in football.

I think Tee would quite easily fetch a first rounder, but probably nothing in the top 12-15- let alone a top 5 pick.  Perhaps if the Bengals added a sweetener or two they could approach top 15.  

To answer the original question, I'd be overjoyed to trade Tee for a #2 overall, then trade that pick to a QB needy team for a king's ransom.
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs got five picks for Tyreek Hill (a 1, a 2 two 4s and a 6) over two drafts.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 10:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: The Chiefs got five picks for Tyreek Hill (a 1, a 2 two 4s and a 6) over two drafts.

Worth noting the 1st was the 29th overall.

Also, weirdly enough, the Chiefs didn't use a single one of those picks themselves.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote