Poll: Trade Chase Before T?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.09 Average
Keep Tee Trade Chase
I think this is a more nuanced discussion than Keep Tee or Let him go.

He's probably going to cost $100 million. He might want to be a #1.

And, keeping him will cost other positions.

So way more considerations than people admit.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to keep Tee but it's not as simple as posting: "I don't want us giving away our talented player." We all know the deal, "it's a business" and the Bengals and Tee/Tee's agent might not be able to work out a deal.

If this season gets even worse and Tee isn't willing to take the best they can offer then it might be time to trade him for a draft pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 08:23 AM)Synric Wrote: I know there are alot of Ohio State fans in the Who Dey Nation but Marvin Harrison Jr. is a unicorn. He is the best WR prospect since Julio Jones. If he makes it outside of the top 5 picks I would be floored. 

As for draft capital... In 2023 the Texans traded from pick 12 to pick 3 they gave up Pick 12, Pick 33, a 2024 First round Pick, and a 2024 3rd round Pick. They got picks 3 and 105(4th round).

Also next year class has really great receivers so Tee's trade stock won't be as high in 2024 because he will be on a high priced frqnchise tag and will need to be paid...

Yep. Miami has this WR named Colbie Young that reminds me of Tee. High points the ball and goes and gets it.

I didn't look up his draft stock but I doubt it's very high.
Reply/Quote
The funny thing with these threads are that it doesn't take into account that Chase gets doubled way more than Tee. And essentially, Chase getting doubled lets Tee be open more. Or get 1on1 coverage.

It's like all the people that complained Geno Atkins did nothing at times. He got doubled like nearly every play.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 09:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The funny thing with these threads are that it doesn't take into account that Chase gets doubled way more than Tee. And essentially, Chase getting doubled lets Tee be open more. Or get 1on1 coverage.

It's like all the people that complained Geno Atkins did nothing at times. He got doubled like nearly every play.

The Thread OP did take this into account. Tee's size in comparison to Chase. Speed goes to Chase but over all I think it is a logical thread.  Especially when we are in the Red Zone. 
  • HT/WT
    6' 4", 219 lbs
  • BIRTHDATE
    1/18/1999 (24)

• HT/WT
      6' 0", 201 lbs
    • BIRTHDATE
      3/1/2000 (23) 

Reply/Quote
Well this aged poorly.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:31 AM)TheFan Wrote: Well this aged poorly.

Yeah, easily Tees worst game as a Bengal. And Jamar stepped the **** up today. Proud of him. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The answer is still no.

Reply/Quote
Picture me laughing and pointing.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:32 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah, easily Tees worst game as a Bengal. And Jamar stepped the **** up today. Proud of him. 

Anyone who thought Ja’Marr wasn’t gonna start going off needs to lose their posting privileges.

Ja’Marr is just decisively more talented than Tee Higgins, and that’s no slight to Tee. A lot of people forget, because he was injured last year and kind of lukewarm the first 2 games, that Chase is probably the most talented receiver in the NFL. Everyone has a slump and he and Burrow even tonight have not been in sync like they used to be. Chase didn’t just forget how to play. 

Some of you guys are ridiculous with these polls. 
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr could be the best WR ever in the NFL, that is how good he could be.

The OP's poll was ridiculous in the first place, nothing against Tee.
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr is a legit top 5 WR in the NFL. Tee is not even in the top 15.
Reply/Quote
I'll give Tee points for trying. He pulled out his full bag of tricks in this one. After all, last time we played the Rams, he busted out the old "I can't get open, so F it, I'll just blatantly commit OPI and pray I don't called." routine.

But seriously, with Joe losing a good deal of his insane ball placement because of his injury affecting his mechanics, we're seeing how badly Tee really struggles to get open.
Reply/Quote
Tough lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:32 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah, easily Tees worst game as a Bengal. And Jamar stepped the **** up today. Proud of him. 

Tee Higgins is a great jump ball receiver, who can make good contested catches (most games) and is fairly sure handed (most games).

Over half the teams in the league would be blessed to have him as their #1 WR because you can build an offense around his ability to go up and get it, especially on deep balls. We did it with AJ Green (granted Green is more talented than Higgins, but the concept is there).

Chase, on the other hand, is a swiss army knife. You can line him up anywhere, you can give him simple curls and slants, you can throw it up to him, you can have him run precision routes, you can give him option plays and back shoulders. He can even run the ball and play the screen game at an elite level.

Players like Chase do not come around often. 

This isn't directed at you specifically, just wanted to say it was inevitable that Jamar was going to go off eventually. He is the omni-weapon that teams dream of having.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I have to think the OP ran out and bought a new #5 Tee Higgins jersey and just doesn't want it to be obsolete, at this point.
Reply/Quote
Today showed what life without Tee could be.... not bad?

Could use that money elsewhere
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Tee balled out when Jamar Chase was out too.

Starting to think they cannibalize each other. It's probably best to keep one and leet the other walk. It's dumb to pay both PLUS Burrow anyway.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:18 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Tee balled out when Jamar Chase was out too.

Starting to think they cannibalize each other. It's probably best to keep one and leet the other walk. It's dumb to pay both PLUS Burrow anyway.

You keep saying to move on from Burrow.  You have zero credibility.  Of course you are a troll so....

Reply/Quote