Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Zampese is the OC
(01-17-2016, 03:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I never said they never go outside the organization.  Not once.  Go ahead, show me where i said that.  I'll wait...

Your wait is over

(01-15-2016, 04:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:   There is simply no way that this team does their due diligence when hiring coaches.  There is no possible way that, after exploring any and all options, it just so happens that the guy is always already here, has been here, or is connected to someone here.  No ***** way.

Next
Reply/Quote
My father thinks that Ken Zampese will be a great OC.

I sure hope he's correct.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 03:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I never said they never go outside the organization.  Not once.  Go ahead, show me where i said that.  I'll wait...

Ok, now that we've established that you're a liar we can get back to the topic.

My point was that they stay in house, or bring someone back, far more than anyone else.  Way too much for it to be coicidence.  I'd be willing to bet tbat if you polled this board on who would replace Hue 80% or more woud have guessed correctly.  Why is that, because is clearly better than anyone else?  No, because he's already here.

But go ahead and pretend I'm not right.  And keep pretending like keeping this approach is working.  You look more ridiculous each and every year.  How many times do you need to be proven wrong.

Man, I think you're going to need to back that up with some stats. Hiring dudes you've never worked with is a tall order, especially when it's your ass on the line if they blow... I think it feels like grabbing the low hanging fruit because we know all of the connections between our guys. I'd bet other teams do it just as frequently, but we don't notice that a Titans coach worked at Wossamotta U with coach Bullwinkle.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 03:41 PM)magikod Wrote: My father thinks that Ken Zampese will be a great OC.

I sure hope he's correct.

What is his track record in such things?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
BTW: I still have no idea how I feel about Zampese getting the nod. However, if our offense is a less 'cute' version of this year's offense, I think people will be pretty happy.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:01 PM)gobobro Wrote: BTW: I still have no idea how I feel about Zampese getting the nod. However, if our offense is a less 'cute' version of this year's offense, I think people will be pretty happy.

Yep.  Exhibit A--the two point conversion attempt.

Zampese could be the greatest thing since sliced bread or he could be hot garbage but the real truth is, there's only one way to know and that is to see him actually do it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your wait is over

Next

Oh, please.  You took one word and took a common expression and went out of your way to take it literally.  Like anyone thought I didn't know Jay Gruden came from somewhere else.

Here's an example: "Man, you're always eating Cheetos."  If someone were to say that would you presume they meant that the guy eats nothing but cheetos, 24-7.  He liteally eats them all day, every day, forever.  No, because youre not ********.  Youd think he just eats a lot of ***** cheetos.

We hire from within a lot.  ie Damn, were always hiring guys with connections here. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Oh, please.  You took one word and took a common expression and went out of your way to take it literally.  Like anyone thought I didn't know Jay Gruden came from somewhere else.

Here's an example: "Man, you're always eating Cheetos."  If someone were to say that would you presume they meant that the guy eats nothing but cheetos, 24-7.  He liteally eats them all day, every day, forever.  No, because youre not ********.  Youd think he just eats a lot of ***** cheetos.

We hire from within a lot.  ie Damn, were always hiring guys with connections here. 

Then maybe you should have looked back at what you said before you started squealing about how I was a liar.

It is not my fault that you are too stupid to remember what you said.

Now where is that apology for calling me a liar?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then maybe you should have looked back at what you said before you started squealing about how I was a liar.

It is not my fault that you are too stupid to remember what you said.

Now where is that apology for calling me a liar?

You are a liar.  You constantly twist people's words or flat out insert words into their mouth to fit your argurement.  I, along with many, many others have called you out about it too many times to count.  You literally just did it the Palmer thread with your use of the word genius.  No one called him a genius.  You change words to extremes to paint others as unreasonable or uneducated.

It's pathetic.  No one thought I literally meant always. No more than a women saying "you always look so oretty" meaning she looks pretty when shes on the can, with the case of the squirts and a nasty flu.  It's a common expression that anyone with half a brain understands.

And you certainly get it.  But you have nothing better to do than argue the most minute of details.  It's such a waste of everyone's time energy.

Frankly, you suck.  
Reply/Quote
re-listening to Lap from the other day, and forgot about his take on Zampese:

-super smart
-paid his dues
-knows everything inside and out
-continuity and consistency with the offense and quarterbacks
-with Marvin's contract up soon, and with that talk of succession, it just doesn't make sense to overhaul the offense
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Oh, please.  You took one word and took a common expression and went out of your way to take it literally.  Like anyone thought I didn't know Jay Gruden came from somewhere else.

Ok lets think about this for a minute.. other NFL teams hire mostly from within especially those that are being successful since those coaches are having a direct impact on that success.. so your logic is hard to agree with and finally if you are going to use absolute words like always or never.. you should understand you need to back that up .... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:43 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: When it comes down to it, good coaches provide the framework for a player to improve collaboratively.   Tom House as much as Ken Zampese, the real reason Andy Dalton makes strides forward is Andy Dalton.  

Tom House has a baseball background.  The only things he can help a quarterback with are specific fine motor throwing techniques.  Those techniques have helped Dalton, but it's more on Andy taking it upon himself to put in the work he does away from the practice field that makes the difference.  

Zampese has football in his blood, his family.  I have no reservations in his capability of running the offense.  Play calling will be the big question, but isn't it always?

to me it is not play calling normally.. these coaches have some much info they know what should work against most teams.. it comes down to execution more than play calling , how many times might you see a screen setup and a player misses a block and it gets nothing.. or a great line stunt is called the the D. linemen whiffs on the tackle.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:  You change words to extremes to paint others as unreasonable or uneducated.

Except for you.  I don't have to change anything you say.  All i do is quote your exact words and then watch you cry about how you did not really mean what you said.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: And you certainly get it. 

Here is what I get.

Bengals go outside the box and hire Gruden.......you squeal and cry about how stupid they are.

Bengals play it conservative and promote from within....you squeal and cry about how stupid they are.

Everyone here "gets" you just fine.  You don't really have any basic principles that you support.  You have no consistent beliefs.  Instead you just look at whatever the bengals do and call it stupid.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: to me it is not play calling normally.. these coaches have some much info they know what should work against most teams.. it comes down to execution more than play calling , how many times might you see a screen setup and a player misses a block and it gets nothing.. or a great line stunt is called the the D. linemen whiffs on the tackle.

True, but the other side of that coin is that the wrong play called at the wrong time probably won't work, no matter how ell it is executed.  It's usually a hand in hand thing.

To me, the biggest quality a coordinator has to have is the ability to stay one step ahead of the opponent.  At the very least, he has to be able to continuously adjust to what the opponent is trying to do.  If you can't atay ahead of him, you at least have to be ab lee to keep up with him.

It's that old cliche--putting your players in a position to win.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:51 PM)McC Wrote: True, but the other side of that coin is that the wrong play called at the wrong time probably won't work, no matter how ell it is executed.  It's usually a hand in hand thing.

To me, the biggest quality a coordinator has to have is the ability to stay one step ahead of the opponent.  At the very least, he has to be able to continuously adjust to what the opponent is trying to do.  If you can't atay ahead of him, you at least have to be ab lee to keep up with him.

It's that old cliche--putting your players in a position to win.

And that is really what Hue did well this year.. we would not have had the success on offense we had if Hue had not called good games.. something we also forget is there is a Def. Cor. on the otherside who has the same objective on defense as a OC on offense.. sometimes you call a great designed play but a blitz or coverage change gets you.. 

In the end, the Bengals as a whole had good OC and DC this year.. and I hope Zampese can continue that 
Reply/Quote
He has a good football pedigree and has worked under some good coordinators with different styles, so as long as he isn't stupid he should be ok at the game planning side of it.

I'm a little bit nervous about having a guy who has never called a play before as our OC though.

Continuity is good, but are there really no other coaches in the NFL or college ranks that could run Hue's system? I'd feel far more comfortable with someone with OC experience.
Reply/Quote
I don't know how I feel about the hire. I've blasted the guy in the past for qb implosions on the big stage and what seems to be regression in a lot of his qbs. It may or may not have been fair criticism.

On the bright side, this probably means that the offense will be "Andy's offense" moreso than ever before. He'll probably have more of a say in everything and probably gave Zampese his blessing.

On the potentially not so bright side, Zampese's knowledge may be more limited than experienced OCs. He may be stuck looking through QB eyes rather than the eyes of a lineman, rb, or receiver.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 10:43 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I don't know how I feel about the hire. I've blasted the guy in the past for qb implosions on the big stage and what seems to be regression in a lot of his qbs. It may or may not have been fair criticism.

On the bright side, this probably means that the offense will be "Andy's offense" moreso than ever before. He'll probably have more of a say in everything and probably gave Zampese his blessing.

On the potentially not so bright side, Zampese's knowledge may be more limited than experienced OCs. He may be stuck looking through QB eyes rather than the eyes of a lineman, rb, or receiver.

As a ex coach myself, I see it the opposite.. I was never a Def. Cor. but I coached with a few different ones in my career and in each one I saw different schemes and techniques and it actually expanded my understanding and knowledge as a coach.  Zampeze has been around a few different OC's and I believe that experience will be positive for him not a negative.  I have little doubt he is experienced enough to take on the job.. 
Reply/Quote