Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Pitts is AJ Green as a tight end.
(02-21-2021, 02:15 AM)pulses Wrote: I bet he don't stiff arm and run over people like Tylan Wallace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xva7l5pViZM

I like Tylan. Probably not as much as Dyami Brown or Amon Ra St Brown.

One of the reasons I would love to trade back and get more picks in the middle. We need help all over and a lot of these mid round guys look like they could help.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 01:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Chad was what 6’1” about 185lbs.

Tyreek is 5’10” listed at 185lbs.

I bet Devonta weighs in right around there at his pro day.

Watch him. He takes some massive shots and gets right back up. I was stunned when watching one of his games when he trucked somebody. That’s probably when I changed my opinion of him. He isn’t going to pancake anybody but he will block his man out of the play too.

Chad was 6'1, 192lbs at the NFL Combine. 

Tyreek Hill was 5'8, 185lbs at his Pro Day. (5'8 1/8, so that 5'10 that floats around is clearly his wishes rather than reality. Lol)

Chad had 18lbs on Smith, and Hill had 10lbs on him despite being 5 inches shorter.

Hill also ran a 4.29, which Smith will assuredly not do, so you're getting something in exchange for that light weight.

(02-21-2021, 02:14 AM)pulses Wrote: Who says Chase is gonna put up 1800/20 in the NFL? Not gonna happen anytime soon. So don't base college stats on what they're gonna do in the pros because we all know that stuff don't stick.

Never said he was going to put that up in the NFL. I just said Pitts is never going to be able to. TEs just take so many more/harder hits to get their yardage that a TE is never going to be able to put up a 1800 yard season.

Kelce set the single season record for TEs with 1,416 yards. The best a TE has ever done is still 82nd when you count WR seasons.

There have been 4 1,800 yard seasons in NFL history and 3 of them happened since 2012. A WR always has the potential to outdo a TE.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 05:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chad was 6'1, 192lbs at the NFL Combine. 

Tyreek Hill was 5'8, 185lbs at his Pro Day. (5'8 1/8, so that 5'10 that floats around is clearly his wishes rather than reality. Lol)

Chad had 18lbs on Smith, and Hill had 10lbs on him despite being 5 inches shorter.

Hill also ran a 4.29, which Smith will assuredly not do, so you're getting something in exchange for that light weight.

Never said he was going to put that up in the NFL. I just said Pitts is never going to be able to. TEs just take so many more/harder hits to get their yardage that a TE is never going to be able to put up a 1800 yard season.

Kelce set the single season record for TEs with 1,416 yards. The best a TE has ever done is still 82nd when you count WR seasons.

There have been 4 1,800 yard seasons in NFL history and 3 of them happened since 2012. A WR always has the potential to outdo a TE.

There is no denying Chad was a slender WR. Along with Marvin Harrison. AB isn’t the biggest. Lockett isn’t very big. The leading WR in the league this year Diggs is in the same area. WRs don’t have to be Metcalf or Julio to be studs.

On the other hand. I don’t think there are many slender TEs. One of the things that scares the shit out of me with Pitts. I can find a lot of successful slim WRs. Not many I can think of with TE. But that is nitpicking and probably trying to talk myself out of the freak TE at 5.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 03:48 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like Tylan. Probably not as much as Dyami Brown or Amon Ra St Brown.

One of the reasons I would love to trade back and get more picks in the middle. We need help all over and a lot of these mid round guys look like they could help.
I like DYami Brown a lot too. I wouldn't be mad at all if we could get 2 WR's one earlier and one later on.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What? Tagging AJ? You are being a little vague here Gdale.

I’ll apologies since it’s taken me a while to get back to you.

Zac worked with Burrow, asking him about the offense he ran at LSU and his favorite plays. Zac put in 10ish plays from the lsu offense to help burrow learn Zacs offense. I know they are going to use 11 personnel groups a lot moving forward, using a tight end. There’s no reason to think Zac won’t incorporate Pitts skill set and be just as effective if not more so. Might not be his first year, but certainly year 2 there could be an explosion.
Reply/Quote
One could easily consider AJ Green slender as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 08:02 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’ll apologies since it’s taken me a while to get back to you.

Zac worked with Burrow, asking him about the offense he ran at LSU and his favorite plays. Zac put in 10ish plays from the lsu offense to help burrow learn Zacs offense. I know they are going to use 11 personnel groups a lot moving forward, using a tight end. There’s no reason to think Zac won’t incorporate Pitts skill set and be just as effective if not more so. Might not be his first year, but certainly year 2 there could be an explosion.

It's all good.

Agree with that, one thing about if we did take Pitts at 5. I guarantee we would use him with his Red Zone prowess.

I just hope we have a great FA that concentrates on the Lines so we don't have to reach for need.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 08:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It's all good.

Agree with that, one thing about if we did take Pitts at 5. I guarantee we would use him with his Red Zone prowess.

I just hope we have a great FA that concentrates on the Lines so we don't have to reach for need.

I think you still will want to take a young tackle or guard in the first 4 rounds even if they hit well in FA. The only catch is if there’s a big run on OL before they pick, in which you would pivot and take a player at a position that was ignored, like maybe they get Nixon because there were like 8 OL picked before bengals picked in the 2nd. Or a really good receiver, you just don’t know. That’s why you don’t want any glaring needs going into the draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 08:05 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: One could easily consider AJ Green slender as well.

And he was riddled with injuries after a certain point...

Would you not go back and take Julio over AJ if you could?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The Cleveland Browns added 2 OTs via draft and FA
Last year. They added 2 TEs via the draft and FA
This joke of a front office can do the same or similar.
Some act like if this team doesnt draft Sewell then
Burrow will miss 7 games again.
Any player can get hurt on any given play even if you
Build proper around them.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 08:14 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I think you still will want to take a young tackle or guard in the first 4 rounds even if they hit well in FA. The  only catch is if there’s a big run on OL before they pick, in which you would pivot and take a player at a position that was ignored, like maybe they get Nixon because there were like 8 OL picked before bengals picked in the 2nd. Or a really good receiver, you just don’t know. That’s why you don’t want any glaring needs going into the draft.

This is a great Draft for O-lineman. There will be some great picks in the 2nd to 5th rounds to choose from.

It is not all about Sewell. We could make some moves if Sewell is not there, no pick is a sure thing anyways, not even Sewell.

Eichenberg and Cosmi would be great picks in the 2nd as would Wyatt Davis, not even speaking of mid rounders like Mienerz 
and many other Guards like Carman who I would like ahead of Davis. I just think someone will take Carman before 38.

Your last sentence is spot on. No glaring needs going into the Draft and you did a great job in Free Agency.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 11:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is a great Draft for O-lineman. There will be some great picks in the 2nd to 5th rounds to choose from.

It is not all about Sewell. We could make some moves if Sewell is not there, no pick is a sure thing anyways, not even Sewell.

Eichenberg and Cosmi would be great picks in the 2nd as would Wyatt Davis, not even speaking of mid rounders like Mienerz 
and many other Guards like Carman who I would like ahead of Davis. I just think someone will take Carman before 38.

Your last sentence is spot on. No glaring needs going into the Draft and you did a great job in Free Agency.

But you really can’t say either of those players will be there at 2. Both of those players are really good tackles and good tackles are hard to come by. The bottom end of the first round typically has really good QB play, and most of those teams can use another good tackle. I won’t be surprised to see a run on tackles at the end of the first and into day 2. They could easily be gone by tge time tge bengals pick
Reply/Quote
It really makes zero sense to draft Waddle or Smith because at the end of the day at best they are the 3rd WR on this team
At least if you draft Kyle Pitts he automatically becomes the
#1 TE on this roster.
Cut Uzomah and his 4 million dollars.
Then sign Jared Cook to help mentor Pitts and put Sample
In his proper depth chart spot at 3
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 12:25 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: But you really can’t say either of those players will be there at 2. Both of those players are really good tackles and good tackles are hard to come by. The bottom end of the first round typically has really good QB play, and most of those teams can use another good tackle. I won’t be surprised to see a run on tackles at the end of the first and into day 2. They could easily be gone by tge time tge bengals pick

Yeah, could be a run on OT's at the end of the first no doubt. Most of the teams picking late as you say already have a good QB
so they aren't going in that direction except that baffling Love pick last year by Green Bay. Still there will be a good one when we
pick, doesn't have to be Eichenberg or Cosmi but these are the guys I hope would fall. I just hope we get Daryl Williams or Ricky 
Wagner in FA and open all of this up, that way we are not desperate for one of these OT's to fall.

Daryl Williams/Ricky Wagner and Alex Mack at Center in FA and the Draft is open to Draft playmakers and pass rushers.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need a good size TE that can block and has good hands. Pitts just doesn't fit.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:07 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: The Bengals need a good size TE that can block and has good hands. Pitts just doesn't fit.

Watch his tape. Pitts can block. Kid ain’t Chase Coffman out there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watch his tape. Pitts can block. Kid ain’t Chase Coffman out there.

No doubt and he has good size and good hands. I don't know what Chezaugie is talking about. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 08:05 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: One could easily consider AJ Green slender as well.

And yet he still had 36 pounds on Smith. I don't believe Smith will add much in his NFL career. He is heading into his Age 23 season when he is a rookie, so it's not like he's going to be 21, he pretty much is as he'll be for the most part.

I'm also curious to see if he actually weighs out at 175 for his Pro Day.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And yet he still had 36 pounds on Smith. I don't believe Smith will add much in his NFL career. He is heading into his Age 23 season when he is a rookie, so it's not like he's going to be 21, he pretty much is as he'll be for the most part.

I'm also curious to see if he actually weighs out at 175 for his Pro Day.

Yeah dude looks skinny as hell IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:07 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: The Bengals need a good size TE that can block and has good hands. Pitts just doesn't fit.

What game film was you watching. His pass catching is so good it overshadows how good of a blocker he is. 
Reply/Quote