Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Pitts is AJ Green as a tight end.
(02-22-2021, 06:46 PM)impactplaya Wrote: What game film was you watching. His pass catching is so good it overshadows how good of a blocker he is. 

The guy just scores TD's, I think that fits here more than anything we need.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The guy just scores TD's, I think that fits here more than anything we need.

Just imagine getting 2015 Eifert TD production (13 TD), but probably about twice the yards...

Makes me drool thinking about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just imagine getting 2015 Eifert TD production (13 TD), but probably about twice the yards...

Makes me drool thinking about it.

:drool:
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The guy just scores TD's, I think that fits here more than anything we need.

He could come right away and score 8 to 10 TDs as a rookie
Its been years since this offense has had a TE or WR score 
Double digit TDs in a single season. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watch his tape. Pitts can block. Kid ain’t Chase Coffman out there.

Per Profootball.com:

"Pat Freiermuth is a better blocker, and it is not close. He has Pitts’s will but made guys eat turf all season with his functional strength."

Per WalterFootball.com:

"Not a forceful blocker"

Per SI.com:

"As a pass protector, he struggles to anchor, causing him to get driven into the quarterback’s lap quickly."
"Only an average blocker"
"Not quite as good at contested catches as you’d expect"
"He’s not an elite blocker by any stretch of the imagination"
"The Pennsylvania native has struggles holding on to the football when getting hit over the middle."

Per 247sports.com:

"If he can round out his game to include the ability to block consistently, he'll become a truly difficult matchup for opposing defenses"

Is Pitts one of the best TE prospects in the last few years? Yes. Is he worth a Top Five pick? No. Especially when there are higher priorities.
Reply/Quote
A few years? More like a generational prospect at his position. He’s absolutely worth a top 5 pick.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 02:18 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Per Profootball.com:

"Pat Freiermuth is a better blocker, and it is not close. He has Pitts’s will but made guys eat turf all season with his functional strength."

Per WalterFootball.com:

"Not a forceful blocker"

Per SI.com:

"As a pass protector, he struggles to anchor, causing him to get driven into the quarterback’s lap quickly."
"The Pennsylvania native has struggles holding on to the football when getting hit over the middle."

Per 247sports.com:

"If he can round out his game to include the ability to block consistently, he'll become a truly difficult matchup for opposing defenses"

Is Pitts one of the best TE prospects in the last few years? Yes. Is he worth a Top Five pick? No. Especially when there are higher priorities.

My personal preference in a TE is an elite pass catcher, decent blocker vs a decent pass catcher, elite blocker.
If the Bengals were willing and creative enough to go to 2-TE sets, they could use Sample as the primary blocker and Pitts primarily as a pass catcher. You'll still get better blocking out of Pitts than you will from a typical WR.

Also, Pitts is probably the best TE prospect to come out since Vernon Davis. As such, that would make him a generational prospect at his position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 02:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My personal preference in a TE is an elite pass catcher, decent blocker vs a decent pass catcher, elite blocker.
If the Bengals were willing and creative enough to go to 2-TE sets, they could use Sample as the primary blocker and Pitts primarily as a pass catcher. You'll still get better blocking out of Pitts than you will from a typical WR.

Also, Pitts is probably the best TE prospect to come out since Vernon Davis. As such, that would make him a generational prospect at his position.

I am sure Kelce and Gronk would tend to argue.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 02:42 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I am sure Kelce and Gronk would tend to argue.

You're misunderstanding what I said. I said best PROSPECT, not who became the best player.
Just because someone is considered the best prospect does not guarantee they end up the best player in the NFL.
Gronk and Kelce were not considered even the best TE prospects in their own draft class for various reasons, but they ended up damn good NFL players.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 02:42 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I am sure Kelce and Gronk would tend to argue.

So we can’t label Lawrence a generational prospect because of Rodgers and Mahomes?

Reply/Quote
No ,because Andrew Luck holds that title for a few more years.
Reply/Quote

Per WalterFootball.com:

"Not a forceful blocker"

Per SI.com:

Per 247sports.com:

This offense already has 2-better than average blocking TEs
This offense needs a TE that is a pass catching force.
You can teach a TE to block at this level. 
But you cant take a TE in college that is basically a check down
Option all.his life and make him into the next Kelce or
Andrews.
Reply/Quote
I get that the team has more problems and selecting a TE doesn’t solve the overwhelming problem, but we are understanding that they are going to make at least one big FA OL signing. If it happens to be an elite RT, we won’t need Sewell. If that does happen, then Pitts makes a lot of sense because it adds another pass catchers this team needs since the WR and TE rooms are very bad, and I’d argue tge TE position is weakest on the team. It would also help put more points on the board to win games.

He’s a better than you think blocker coming out if college. Tape don’t lie.
Reply/Quote

Per WalterFootball.com:

"Not a forceful blocker"

Per SI.com:

Per 247sports.com:

Blocking isn't everything as we have seen with Drew Sample. We need a Red Zone threat that scores TD's.

Pitts is just that. Best Red Zone threat in this class at TE. I do like Freiermuth too though in the 2nd if we get Sewell in the first.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 06:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Blocking isn't everything as we have seen with Drew Sample. We need a Red Zone threat that scores TD's.

Pitts is just that. Best Red Zone threat in this class at TE. I do like Freiermuth too though in the 2nd if we get Sewell in the first.

You just described my dream scenario!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watch his tape. Pitts can block. Kid ain’t Chase Coffman out there.

"Chase...Chase...Chase..."

*doing pushups*

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 12:49 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Chase...Chase...Chase..."

*doing pushups*

FFS was he terrible lol

Reply/Quote
Kiper just mocked Pitts to go at 4 overall
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 10:01 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Kiper just mocked Pitts to go at 4 overall

Yet fans here think he isn’t top 10 worthy
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 10:19 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Yet fans here think he isn’t top 10 worthy

Some fans. There’s plenty of us that realize it’s not 1985, and would be ecstatic with Pitts.

Reply/Quote