Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Pitts is AJ Green as a tight end.
He is no AJ Green.. compare him to a TE.. he is slow compared to AJ green and most other top WRS coming out of college that were compared to AJ.. so with that said does not fit well into Bengals system.. we can do much better at #5 than Pitts when you put System, BPA and Need together.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 07:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is no AJ Green.. compare him to a TE.. he is slow compared to AJ green and most other top WRS coming out of college that were compared to AJ.. so with that said does not fit well into Bengals system.. we can do much better at #5 than Pitts when you put System, BPA and Need together.

Well, sure, I can see how he seems slow to you when you think there’s WR’s that run a sub 4.0 40...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 07:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is no AJ Green.. compare him to a TE.. he is slow compared to AJ green and most other top WRS coming out of college that were compared to AJ.. so with that said does not fit well into Bengals system.. we can do much better at #5 than Pitts when you put System, BPA and Need together.

LMAO he's not slow compared to AJ Green. AJ didn't  run super fast like 4.5's so where you think he was so fast is beyond me. Pitts will run in the 4.5's as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 07:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is no AJ Green.. compare him to a TE.. he is slow compared to AJ green and most other top WRS coming out of college that were compared to AJ.. so with that said does not fit well into Bengals system.. we can do much better at #5 than Pitts when you put System, BPA and Need together.

I disagree wholeheartedly Kyle Pitts would be an excellent addition to the Bengals Offense. 

He would fit in any 4/5 receiver sets at every single receiving position and every 22 personnel formations as the TE-F. The biggest question mark would be the 21 personnel as the TE-Y but even then the wide zone would be a better fit to his skill set than he seen in college. Think Darren Waller in LV with Gruden which is a similar offense to what Zac Taylor runs.

Kyle Pitts fits in every scheme in the NFL with his versatility.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 09:19 PM)Synric Wrote: I disagree wholeheartedly Kyle Pitts would be an excellent addition to the Bengals Offense. 

He would fit in any 4/5 receiver sets at every single receiving position and every 22 personnel formations as the TE-F. The biggest question mark would be the 21 personnel as the TE-Y but even then the wide zone would be a better fit to his skill set than he seen in college. Think Darren Waller in LV with Gruden which is a similar offense to what Zac Taylor runs.

Well said, completely agree. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 07:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is no AJ Green.. compare him to a TE.. he is slow compared to AJ green and most other top WRS coming out of college that were compared to AJ.. so with that said does not fit well into Bengals system.. we can do much better at #5 than Pitts when you put System, BPA and Need together.

Pitts ran a 4.7 40 in HS. If he improves on that he is scary
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 08:10 PM)pulses Wrote: LMAO he's not slow compared to AJ Green. AJ didn't  run super fast like 4.5's so where you think he was so fast is beyond me. Pitts will run in the 4.5's as well.

dont think so.. last i checked 4.7...
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 09:19 PM)Synric Wrote: I disagree wholeheartedly Kyle Pitts would be an excellent addition to the Bengals Offense. 

I am not saying he is not talented just don't see using #5 pick on a TE with a system of much more spread out 3/4 WR sets and when we have a TE.. tend to be more of a blocker and catching off the line, I don;t see that as a good fit with Pitt being a soso blocker and most of his college career has not been in a 3 point stance ... I just read another write up that tends to say the same thing.. does not seem like a great fit for Bengals at #5 with other needs and the type of offense we run...but  disagree...
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 12:17 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: dont think so.. last i checked 4.7
LMAO you'll find out buddy. All you have to do is watch game tape and you can tell he's alot faster than 4.7. Hunter Long ran a 4.7 and Pitts is a lot faster then him.  Mark it down !!
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 09:22 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Pitts ran a 4.7 40 in HS. If he improves on that he is scary

He's quicker than that now I still think he runs 4.5's
Reply/Quote

Here is he projected to run 4.45 Rock On

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/lions-kyle-pitts-next-calvin-johnson
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 12:22 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am not saying he is not talented  just don't see using #5 pick on a TE with a system of much more spread out 3/4 WR sets and when we have a TE.. tend to be more of a blocker and catching off the line, I don;t see that as a good fit with Pitt being a soso blocker and most of his college career has not been in a 3 point stance ... I just read another write up that tends to say the same thing.. does not seem like a great fit for Bengals at #5 with other needs and the type of offense we run...but  disagree...
Like Zac Taylors system.has really sat the NFL on fire the last 
2-years right? 
Kyle Pitts is a TD machine who could inject some firepower
In this offense. There isnt a TE rated after him.that can
Do what his does in this draft. 
You really want Drew Sample and his blistering 8.9 ypc
To be your starter next year?
When was the last time a offense weapon of his calibur
Just fell into the Bengals lap?
Reply/Quote

Weeks ago there was an article about him that stated he was the best TE prospect for at least the last decade.  That's pretty big shoes to fill, but I think he can do it.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 10:42 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Weeks ago there was an article about him that stated he was the best TE prospect for at least the last decade.  That's pretty big shoes to fill, but I think he can do it.

It's important to focus on the word "prospect" when talking about these players entering the draft.
prospect definition - a person regarded as likely to succeed

To say someone is the best prospect in the past decade doesn't mean they will be the best NFL player at their position in the past decade.
It means they have a very high likelihood/chance to be successful in the NFL and are expected to be above average.

So basically when talking about Kyle Pitts, if he isn't the #1 TE in the league in a few years, that doesn't mean he's a bust. He could end up being, for example, the 6th best TE. He's just considered the TE most likely to succeed in the NFL compared to other TEs who have entered the draft in the past decade.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 12:22 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am not saying he is not talented  just don't see using #5 pick on a TE with a system of much more spread out 3/4 WR sets and when we have a TE.. tend to be more of a blocker and catching off the line, I don;t see that as a good fit with Pitt being a soso blocker and most of his college career has not been in a 3 point stance ... I just read another write up that tends to say the same thing.. does not seem like a great fit for Bengals at #5 with other needs and the type of offense we run...but  disagree...

If you're building players around your scheme rather than build your scheme around the players, you're going to miss out on some great talent.
Great teams like the Patriots have succeeded so much because they've been able to morph the playcalling to their active players each given week.

If the Bengals choose to pass on Pitts because they consider the TE primarily as a blocker and only the 4th or 5th option in the offense, they are doing themselves a disservice. And until they start using the TE more in the passing game, I wouldn't be surprised to see the offense still be in the bottom third of the league.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Dude...you just made the gears in his head grind and now there's smoke coming out of his ears. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Offensive minds that have the goods have no.issues adapting
Scheme to the talent at hand.
Has Zack Taylor ever had a original concept in his mind ever.?
Or did he just essentially copy and try to replicate Sean McVays
Scheme out in L.A?
No wonder Zac gets outcoached every game. He cant adjust to adjustments.
Please Zac Taylor fan club help me out on this?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 03:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you're building players around your scheme rather than build your scheme around the players, you're going to miss out on some great talent.
Great teams like the Patriots have succeeded so much because they've been able to morph the playcalling to their active players each given week.

If the Bengals choose to pass on Pitts because they consider the TE primarily as a blocker and only the 4th or 5th option in the offense, they are doing themselves a disservice. And until they start using the TE more in the passing game, I wouldn't be surprised to see the offense still be in the bottom third of the league.

Well said. This Offense needs to adapt to the NFL. 

TE's are a big deal now a days. Just look at the playoff and Super Bowl teams.

Pitts is the best pass catching TE in this Draft. Getting that at 5 is a good pick IMO.

Same with Sewell at 5, would be a fine pick. Same with Chase at 5 who I think is the best WR in this class and knows Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said. This Offense needs to adapt to the NFL. 

TE's are a big deal now a days. Just look at the playoff and Super Bowl teams.

Pitts is the best pass catching TE in this Draft. Getting that at 5 is a good pick IMO.

Same with Sewell at 5, would be a fine pick. Same with Chase at 5 who I think is the best WR in this class and knows Burrow.

If they take Pitts it needs to be later then 5.

Sewell is the pick at 5, if they want Pitts, they can move back a few spots get an extra pick.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 06:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Offensive minds that have the goods have no.issues adapting
Scheme to the talent at hand.
Has Zack Taylor ever had a original concept in his mind ever.?
Or did he just essentially copy and try to replicate Sean McVays
Scheme out in L.A?

No wonder Zac gets outcoached every game. He cant adjust to adjustments.
Please Zac Taylor fan club help me out on this?

He did try to run the same type of scheme that they ran with the Rams, but it did not work. Specifically, the run blocking.
They attempted the wide zone, but they didn't have the personnel or coaching to pull it off.
They switched to a gap scheme the second half of 2019 and it worked way better.
Then in 2020, they changed the scheme to an inside zone. They also ran a majority of plays out of shotgun because that's what Burrow was most comfortable with.
One of the big reasons they moved on from Jim Turner and brought Frank Pollack back is because they plan to incorporate the wide zone rushing attack again. I would expect they will look to bring in OL who can pull off that scheme.

As for the passing attack, they used the run to set up the pass in that Rams scheme.
Gurley had 1831 all-purpose yards and 21 TDs in 2018.
They also had Cooks and Woods each put up 1200+ yards and 5+ TDs.
Kupp and Reynolds combined for another 968 yards and 11 TDs.
Their TEs Everett and Higbee combined for 612 yards and 5 TDs.

I'm almost positive Taylor thought a combo of Uzomah and Sample could have been like Higbee and Everett. And I think he also thought Mixon could be like Gurley and Higgins, Boyd, and Green could be like Cooks, Woods, and Kupp.
The Bengals are missing that Cooks-type guy, but Waddle might be the guy in the draft most like Cooks.
What Taylor didn't seem to account for what how much better the Rams OL was compared to the Bengals lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote