Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB Joe Schobert
(03-03-2020, 04:31 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I think they should jump on it at 12 as well. He's a pro bowl LB still pretty young and we have the worst LB core in the NFL. Pratt has potential to develop into something good, and Vigil shows flashes, but he also whiffs plenty of tackles. A legit veteran LB is exactly what this team needs. And I would still draft another one because we need upgrades for starters and backups. Our backup LBs should be in the XFL.

I agree Bengaloo, would be worth it with Schobert, you get a LB who is still pretty young and in his prime to pair with Pratt
as our 2 LB set on nickel downs with Vigil coming in in certain instances. I know Vigil did well in pass coverage last season 
when he got healthy but his tackling was bad man, Schobert is much better and I believe Pratt will grow into a great one.

Adding Schobert and Trai Turner this FA is my biggest hope now and we should be able to afford it.

Now is the time before we have to pay our Franchise QB down the road.
Reply/Quote
The team has plenty of cap room and should be creating even more with Dalton and Glenn departures. Schobert is my number 1 FA target. If the team goes for a bargain LB, my first choice is Nigel Bradham.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 04:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The team has plenty of cap room and should be creating even more with Dalton and Glenn departures. Schobert is my number 1 FA target. If the team goes for a bargain LB, my first choice is Nigel Bradham.

Feel the same on Schobert and Bradham, also like Trevathan.
Reply/Quote
Browns have never had a good D, and their LB's have been as bad as ours. Schobert may have been the best of the bunch, but I'm not sold.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 04:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns have never had a good D, and their LB's have been as bad as ours. Schobert may have been the best of the bunch, but I'm not sold.

Eh, that is not how I judge players. Browns have lots of good players.

Just because the Stains don't have a good D doesn't mean Myles Garrett sucks.
Reply/Quote
I've saw Mixon abuse their Lb's for too long.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is to fn cheap to sign a valuable player like this. He'd rather spend less on a guy that amounts to nothing instead of making his money useful. He may as well burn his money if he's not gonna sign a guy worth a shit. Sign Schobert NOW.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 06:28 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Mike Brown is to fn cheap to sign a valuable player like this. He'd rather spend less on a guy that amounts to nothing instead of making his money useful. He may as well burn his money if he's not gonna sign a guy worth a shit. Sign Schobert NOW.

Hey... you know you cant sign people yet unless they have been cut right?

Your lack of football knowledge is showing in every post.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 06:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I've saw Mixon abuse their Lb's for too long.

Mixon just likes to abuse those Stains, can't hold it against him lol

Schobert will like not having to play against him twice a year and with him endorsing the signing of Schobert it shows his respect.
Reply/Quote
If we're trading Andy, we've got plenty of cap room the next couple seasons. Sign him to something front heavy and draft his replacement in a few years. It would really open up the draft for for a player or two for down the road.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same on Schobert and Bradham, also like Trevathan.

Trevathan won’t hit the market. Re-upped with the Bears for three years.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 12:08 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Trevathan won’t hit the market. Re-upped with the Bears for three years.

Damn, was like my second favorite LB to get. Thanks for the news though Yo.

Heard the Bears might cut Leonard Floyd, would like him for our hybrid 3-4.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 12:08 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Trevathan won’t hit the market. Re-upped with the Bears for three years.

bears were already hurting for cap space and draft picks....

They might be a team to look at if we are interested in trading a pick for a player. (like a 3rd thru 5th)
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: bears were already hurting for cap space and draft picks....

They might be a team to look at if we are interested in trading a pick for a player. (like a 3rd thru 5th)

That cap space problem is going to make it tough to ship Dalton to them.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, was like my second favorite LB to get. Thanks for the news though Yo.

Heard the Bears might cut Leonard Floyd, would like him for our hybrid 3-4.

Interesting that the Bears chose to sign the older Trevathon, as opposed to the younger Kwiatkoski.  I guess proven leadership trumps youthful enthusiasm with the Bears?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 05:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting that the Bears chose to sign the older Trevathon, as opposed to the younger Kwiatkoski.  I guess proven leadership trumps youthful enthusiasm with the Bears?

I guess so, Trevathan is a more solid tackler as well.

Also cutting Floyd would be an interesting move. I don't know what they are doing over there in Chicago.

I would be happy bringing in both Floyd and Kwiatkoski.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess so, Trevathan is a more solid tackler as well.

Also cutting Floyd would be an interesting move. I don't know what they are doing over there in Chicago.

I would be happy bringing in both Floyd and Kwiatkoski.

This says that Leonard Floyd is due $13.22M this season.  I just can't see paying him that kind of money.  In 4 seasons, he amassed a grand total of 154 combined tackles, 1 INT, 9 PD.  He does have 18.5 career sacks, but his career high of 7 came in his rookie year, however he does have 44 QB hits to his credit.

So, even though he listed as a LB, he's really an edge guy, with pedestrian stats at that.  I'm willing to bet money that after 4 years in the league, Sam Hubbard's edge stats will dwarf those of Leonard Floyd.  No thanks on giving Floyd a big free agency pay day.

I've also cooled a bit on Kwiatkoski.  I think that he's good raw material, but still needs a bit of development, in order to be relied upon to be "the man".  I'm think that if the Bears thought he was a finished product, they would have worked to sign him over Trevathon.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/leonard-floyd-18957/

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FloyLe00.htm

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 05:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This says that Leonard Floyd is due $13.22M this season.  I just can't see paying him that kind of money.  In 4 seasons, he amassed a grand total of 154 combined tackles, 1 INT, 9 PD.  He does have 18.5 career sacks, but his career high of 7 came in his rookie year, however he does have 44 QB hits to his credit.

So, even though he listed as a LB, he's really an edge guy, with pedestrian stats at that.  I'm willing to bet money that after 4 years in the league, Sam Hubbard's edge stats will dwarf those of Leonard Floyd.  No thanks on giving Floyd a big free agency pay day.

I've also cooled a bit on Kwiatkoski.  I think that he's good raw material, but still needs a bit of development, in order to be relied upon to be "the man".  I'm think that if the Bears thought he was a finished product, they would have worked to sign him over Trevathon.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/leonard-floyd-18957/

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FloyLe00.htm

Opened my eyes here Sunset, thanks. We also have Lawson who is a great edge to go along with Hubbard. Floyd has just 
impressed me lately when I have watched him play. I have always been a little meh on Kwiatkoski anyways. Nigel Bradham 
is flying up my list as of late with Trevathan now off the table.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Opened my eyes here Sunset, thanks. We also have Lawson who is a great edge to go along with Hubbard. Floyd has just 
impressed me lately when I have watched him play. I have always been a little meh on Kwiatkoski anyways. Nigel Bradham 
is flying up my list as of late
with Trevathan now off the table.

I'd be down with signing a vet like Bradham.  He's likely got a decent year or two left in him, enough to bridge the gap while a pick develops anyway.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd be down with signing a vet like Bradham.  He's likely got a decent year or two left in him, enough to bridge the gap while a pick develops anyway.

Feel the same, always liked Bradham. Think this would help out Pratt tons and like you said bridge the gap for the youngins'.
Reply/Quote