Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
La’el Collins Torn MCL and ACL. What’s the Plan?
Whit is a LT so is J Williams. You would rather start a guy out of position and have two games to turn a LT into a RT. Rather than just plug and play your RT that knows the plays and been playing RT on your practice squad all year. This is insane.
Reply/Quote
I know ppl Clown the idea but I’m calling Big Whit and asking if one he’s at least in good enough shape to be able to play by the last week of the season

And 2 is asking his desire to play RT
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:27 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Whit is a LT so is J Williams. You would rather start a guy out of position and have two games to turn a LT into a RT. Rather than just plug and play your RT that knows the plays and been playing RT on your practice squad all year. This is insane.

When that guy is Hof all pro Andrew Whitworth yes. I’d rather have 70% whitworth then 100% Adeniji
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:32 PM)Housh Wrote: When that guy is Hof all pro Andrew Whitworth yes. I’d rather have 70% whitworth then 100% Adeniji

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Well me and the coaches are going with Adeniji.
Reply/Quote
Pencil Prince in.  Call both Whit and Spain.  Sign either or both of them if they're in shape.  Best man wins RT.  Expect to have to cover for another injury on the line.  
Reply/Quote
Dude.... is signing Whit really an option? If it is you got to do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:08 PM)Science Friction Wrote: So what did the PFF experts see in assigning that F grade to Adeniji  that our scholars here didn't see? Someone make me feel better.

When he blocked his man 1 on 1 and didn’t give an inch, he didn’t have his hands where they thought he should. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 03:05 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Dude.... is signing Whit really an option?  If it is you got to do it.

He would have to unretire, then the Rams would have to cut him, then he would have to go through waivers and the Bengals would have to hope that another team didn't claim him first.  All that would have to happen and then the Bengals would still have to hope he was close to or in shape to play after traveling around all season doing the Thursday football broadcasts.  Then the Bengals would have to decide who to play out of their normal position at RT. Possible for all that to happen, sure I guess. Likely, probably not but who knows?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:52 PM)Science Friction Wrote: 20.4  pass blocking PFF.     Run Joey, Run !!!

That was coming in cold (literally sub-zero wind chill), late in the game.  Having the week to prepare, I would expect at least a fair performance next Monday.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
IDK why Daryl Williams is still on the street. But the "hopeful fan" in me wants them to bring him or someone like Bryan Bulaga (If his back is good for a playoff run).

WTS the "realistic fan" knows it's Hakeem Adeniji
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 03:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He would have to unretire, then the Rams would have to cut him, then he would have to go through waivers and the Bengals would have to hope that another team didn't claim him first.  All that would have to happen and then the Bengals would still have to hope he was close to or in shape to play after traveling around all season doing the Thursday football broadcasts.  Then the Bengals would have to decide who to play out of their normal position at RT.  Possible for all that to happen, sure I guess.  Likely, probably not but who knows?

I keep seeing folks say this. Why would Whit have to go through waivers? I know he's a vested player is there so special "coming out of retirement " clause?  

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I keep seeing folks say this. Why would Whit have to go through waivers? I know he's a vested player is there so special "coming out of retirement " clause?  

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-players/nfl-waiver-system-overview/

Quote:Once the waiver period starts each year through the trading deadline, a vested veteran — a player who has acquired four years of pension credit — is not subject to the waiver system if the club decides to release him. That means if a team decides to release a vested veteran, the league considers his contract to be terminated immediately and he is free to negotiate and sign with any other club. From the trading deadline through the end of the regular season, vested veterans are subject to the waiver process.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
It will be Adeniji.

I would love to see Whit come in, but he hasn’t played football in 11 months. Is the likelihood high that he’s been able to keep himself in football shape? Do you know how easy it would be for someone of his size to lose 25 lbs of muscle and replace it with 25 lbs of fat? I’m not saying that this is a guarantee, but I would think that pulling in a lineman off of the street is a bit more difficult than pulling in a WR or a Safety.

Does he want to leave the broadcaster job?

Isn’t he under contract with the Rams?

Would RT be something that he wants to do!
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:59 PM)Science Friction Wrote: So, we're gonna roll with Adeniji and a PS guy with possibly Bills, Ravens, Chargers/Dolphins, Bills , Chiefs in remaining weeks.  I'm worried we'll see some Brandon Allen.  Someone hold me.

That's Plan A.
Plan B is to sign 1 of the dozens of free agent, pro bowl level tackles that don't exist.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:32 PM)Housh Wrote: I know ppl Clown the idea but I’m calling Big Whit and asking if one he’s at least in good enough shape to be able to play by the last week of the season

It's not about desire. A career LT can't just play RT. It's a change.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 03:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He would have to unretire, then the Rams would have to cut him, then he would have to go through waivers and the Bengals would have to hope that another team didn't claim him first.  All that would have to happen and then the Bengals would still have to hope he was close to or in shape to play after traveling around all season doing the Thursday football broadcasts.  Then the Bengals would have to decide who to play out of their normal position at RT.  Possible for all that to happen, sure I guess.  Likely, probably not but who knows?

Are we sure the Rams have to cut him? It looked like he was a free agent when I googled it.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 03:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK why Daryl Williams is still on the street. But the "hopeful fan" in me wants them to bring him or someone like Bryan Bulaga (If his back is good for a playoff run).

WTS the "realistic fan" knows it's Hakeem Adeniji

I like this idea.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 03:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are we sure the Rams have to cut him? It looked like he was a free agent when I googled it.

His contract with the Rams was through this season.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/andrew-whitworth-1388/

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:32 PM)Housh Wrote: I know ppl Clown the idea but I’m calling Big Whit and asking if one he’s at least in good enough shape to be able to play by the last week of the season

Tell us what he says.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 03:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's not about desire. A career LT can't just play RT. It's a change.

Actually depends on the player. Some pick it up quicker than others. Jonah has experience at RT in college, so I cannot see the transition being too difficult. Whit showed flexibility early in his career by playing Guard

Before coming here last year Riley Reiff was a lifelong LT. He moved seamlessly, 

Reply/Quote