Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
La’el Collins Torn MCL and ACL. What’s the Plan?
(12-27-2022, 02:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What vet is out there worth signing?

I heard Darrel/Daryl/Darrell (sp?) Williams is still available.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I heard Darrel/Daryl/Darrell (sp?) Williams is still available.

I wanted this guy at the beginning of the season but something must be up with him we dont know.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:32 PM)Housh Wrote: I know ppl Clown the idea but I’m calling Big Whit and asking if one he’s at least in good enough shape to be able to play by the last week of the season

And 2 is asking his desire to play RT

If the Rams still own his rights it will not be an easy process.

Reply/Quote
I think the conversation would go like this:

Bengals: Whit, if you are interested in coming back, we'd be interested in having you, but because you don't know the system, aren't in shape, and are switching sides, we have to roll with Adeniji for at oeast a week or two whileyou get up to speed. We'd live to give you the playbook to start getting you up to speed,,but need a guarantee you only want to play for us before we give it to you. If you think the Rams would do you the solid & waive you, give us a call. Or if you are in good shape & really conmitted, we might coukd do a trade if Adeniji looks bad.

IDK if I'd trade a pick for him. But if Adeniji looks bad, I might (6th/7th).
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 03:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think the conversation would go like this:

Bengals: Whit, if you are interested in coming back, we'd be interested in having you, but because you don't know the system, aren't in shape, and are switching sides, we have to roll with Adeniji for at oeast a week or two whileyou get up to speed. We'd live to give you the playbook to start getting you up to speed,,but need a guarantee you only want to play for us before we give it to you. If you think the Rams would do you the solid & waive you, give us a call. Or if you are in good shape & really conmitted, we might coukd do a trade if Adeniji looks bad.

IDK if I'd trade a pick for him.  But if Adeniji looks bad, I might (6th/7th).

The trade deadline has come and gone so the Rams can't trade him even if he comes out of retirement.  Again, the Rams maintain his rights.  So if Whit came out of retirement the Rams would have to agree to release him.  Then he goes to waivers because the trade deadline has passed and vested veterans are subject to waivers after the trade deadline.   So then all teams ahead of the Bengals in the waiver order would have to pass on him and not just claim him off waivers either because they also need a tackle and hope he will play for them or to screw the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:26 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, I would not count on elevations from the PS because of this injury.  Most weeks, Smith and Carman have been healthy inactives. We usually have 8 active OL guys on game day. 7 of them are healthy. Both Smith and Carman have some experience at tackle, though Carman's is in college. If one is active, we are back at 8.

I doubt we elevate a guy from the PS if he is not gonna be active.

I also question if we make a vet signing. Spotrac has us $200k under (OTC at $2.1). If we only have room for 1 move (which may not be true) I am not sure we'd make that move while there is still a risk of losing another guy who is more indespendible/where we do need to make a move (BJ Hill  another corner, another DE, etc).

Though if there is a snowball's chance of getting Whit here, and in shape enough to play, I'd be willing to roll the dice.

For now:
1. Adeniji
2. Smith
3. Sharping/Carman/Prince

We also have Devin Cochran on the practice squad.  I wonder how much he has developed during the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 03:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think the conversation would go like this:

IDK if I'd trade a pick for him.  But if Adeniji looks bad, I might (6th/7th).

Trade deadline is long over. The only hope is LA decides to cut him for us, for no reason, and then every other teams passes on him in waivers, again for no reason. 

I would like to be proven wrong but I don't see any way that he could make it to us this year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 03:53 PM)TheFan Wrote: Trade deadline is long over. The only hope is LA decides to cut him for us, for no reason, and then every other teams passes on him in waivers, again for no reason. 

I would like to be proven wrong but I don't see any way that he could make it to us this year. 

I feel like this has been repeated countless times over the past couple days but there are still plenty of people saying" Just trade for him/just sign him! He can do it." Lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:58 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah, it'll be Adeniji.  After that, either Prince or Cochran come up for depth. Not much out there and OTC shows we only have like 2.11M to use and as others have mentioned you'd be playing a guy with no chemistry with the team.  That shouldn't stop you from signing insurance but would a vet sign to be a backup?

Not sure if Daryl Williams finally signs for a few games but he would be plan A.  I'd like to believe Cincy is looked at as a contender he could bring chase with.  Whit is a pipe dream as others have mentioned, and Spain is slightly more likely.  If it isn't Prince I'd be surprised.  

Is D'Ante Smith healthy? I also like him if he can cut down on the penalties. I mean, we have some decent talent that can play RT.

Scharping also could play RT I am sure, but Adeniji is clearly the front runner and elevating Prince is probably the most likely.

(12-27-2022, 09:46 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Do not move anybody around.  Losing your starting RT sucks, but LT-LG-C-RG are still in tact and have been playing very well as a group.  No sense in disrupting that by playing musical chairs.

Completely agree, no moving the rest of the OL around, I think that would hurt more than anything. Get the best backup in there to 
play RT along with the already established OL.
Reply/Quote
I see where JJ Watt announced his retirement at the end of the year. Maybe he could retire today, and we can bring him in to help in Hubbard's absence.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 04:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see where JJ Watt announced his retirement at the end of the year. Maybe he could retire today, and we can bring him in to help in Hubbard's absence.

You have to laugh  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 04:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see where JJ Watt announced his retirement at the end of the year. Maybe he could retire today, and we can bring him in to help in Hubbard's absence.

Cute picture, bfine. But you'll have to up your contrarianism to merit it.

I actually miss Fred and his ability to take the opposite side on any comment someone made. Kept everyone on their toes. Thought it would be good to get him back, as having a contrarian is good for a discussion board. But, then I realized the Bengals have been undefeated since his absence, and if he came back on now and the Bengals lost, he would be forever marked.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Something I know I didn't realize, unlike most back-ups Adeniji practices with the first team every Wed due to Collins's veteran rest day. This should help him as he moves to the starting lineup

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 05:27 PM)pally Wrote: Something I know I didn't realize, unlike most back-ups Adeniji practices with the first team every Wed due to Collins's veteran rest day.  This should help him as he moves to the starting lineup

Very good information to hear.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 05:39 PM)pally Wrote:

Adeniji may be the answer (and as Pally noted, he already takes first-team reps on Wednesdays), but the tackle depth is now very thin. Another injury would be very concerning. On that basis, if there is an upgrade available for backup, I would be all for it. 
Reply/Quote
I know this is getting way ahead of ourselves but it would be painful to watch another Superbowl where Burrow has no time to use his talent and the weapons we have because the right side is a turnstyle. To lose the same way twice after spending all that money to fix the problem is very frustrating.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 07:07 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I know this is getting way ahead of ourselves but it would be painful to watch another Superbowl where Burrow has no time to use his talent and the weapons we have because the right side is a turnstyle. To lose the same way twice after spending all that money to fix the problem is very frustrating.

Or a playoff game where Burrow was sacked a record-tying 9 times (Titans game) and really one or two more that were wiped out by penalty.  When the Bengals lost Riley Reiff as RT they never found a replacement for that position. Adeniji seems capable, but depth at tackle position is now very thin.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 05:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: Cute picture, bfine. But you'll have to up your contrarianism to merit it.

I actually miss Fred and his ability to take the opposite side on any comment someone made. Kept everyone on their toes. Thought it would be good to get him back, as having a contrarian is good for a discussion board. But, then I realized the Bengals have been undefeated since his absence, and if he came back on now and the Bengals lost, he would be forever marked.

Someone said Fred is on here now just by a different name. We will know it when we see it...
Reply/Quote