Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
La'el Collins is Done
(04-22-2023, 02:55 AM)Housh Wrote: There is no way in HELL Collins plays 1 snap this regular season.

He will. May not be for the bengals, but he will.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the Wright OT is there at 28 we darnell better take him.

Like I've said before I'll be very surprised if Collins returns before late in this season and I doubt he's going to be any good then. Williams I have one eyebrow way up on! I'm just nervous about him. And Carman, oh boy. He's shown improvement, but is he starting RT quality ??
Reply/Quote
His contract is set up very favorably for the Bengals. From my understanding, a majority of his money is tied to playing time, so that if he doesn't play, we'll save on cap room. If he does play we have legitimate depth at a very important position. He can play guard too if that's where our injuries occure throughout the season.

I consider him a valuable asset rather than a liability. Remember how mad all us fans would have been if we didn't sign him last off-season?
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 11:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do think we need to draft a RT. That's why I think all the talk of drafting a TE in rd1 doesn't make sense to me.

Unless we get both

[Image: DarnellWashington.jpeg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 09:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Unless we get both

[Image: DarnellWashington.jpeg]

Now you're talkin'.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 09:13 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If the Wright OT is there at 28 we darnell better take him.

Clever. I agree though, keep boosting the OL for Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 11:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do think we need to draft a RT. That's why I think all the talk of drafting a TE in rd1 doesn't make sense to me.

The problem with picking a RT at 28 is that Wright will almost certainly be gone by the time the Bengals pick and other RT options that would be available would be considered a reach.  Likely same problem with the TE. So, unless a RT or TE slides, the BPA will probably be elsewhere -- or trade further down to where the remaining RT and TE options make sense.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 11:09 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: This seems like an overreaction of a thread.

No team in the nfl has great starters at all five (5) OL positions.  Having a camp battle or two is ok.  Having the four you listed as all being starters is where we were just a few years ago.

Agreed, the Bengals OL is worlds better for the starters.  They need to replace the backups, they didn't measure up and cost the team wins in the SB and AFC championship.  TE nor RB cost them those wins.  So I'd think a later round pick happens for a project, a Volson protege.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 12:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Clever. I agree though, keep boosting the OL for Burrow.

We've lost out two seasons in a row because the Oline spit the bit. I don't want to see that happen again.

If we build the Oline Joe can throw
Reply/Quote
We need depth at G pretty badly, as Scharping was abused by Chris Jones. Also Adeniji has to go (really at least 3 OT on the roster will get cut/traded/settled) and we need 2 legitimately qualified backup Tackles.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 01:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need depth at G pretty badly, as Scharping was abused by Chris Jones. Also Adeniji has to go (really at least 3 OT on the roster will get cut/traded/settled) and we need 2 legitimately qualified backup Tackles.

Back up guards are going to get abused by all pro defensive tackles. This isn’t a surprise

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 12:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We've lost out two seasons in a row because the Oline spit the bit. I don't want to see that happen again.

If we build the Oline Joe can throw

Since the 2021 season, the Bengals have invested the most in the OL. Four free agent signings (Karras, Cappa, La'el Collins, and now Orlando Brown) and Volson added. As of now, they still have Jonah Williams, who the Bengals used a 11th overall pick on.

If Wright is there at 28, then I imagine the Bengals would select him, because he would likely be the BPA at that point. But in almost all mocks that I have seen, Wright is gone by the time the Bengals select. So, who would posters have them select for the OL with their first round pick if Wright is gone. Everyone else would be a significant reach.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 01:15 PM)Nepa Wrote: Since the 2021 season, the Bengals have invested the most in the OL. Four free agent signings (Karras, Cappa, La'el Collins, and now Orlando Brown) and Volson added. As of now, they still have Jonah Williams, who the Bengals used a 11th overall pick on.

If Wright is there at 28, then I imagine the Bengals would select him, because he would likely be the BPA at that point. But in almost all mocks that I have seen, Wright is gone by the time the Bengals select. So, who would posters have them select for the OL with their first round pick if Wright is gone. Everyone else would be a significant reach.

Don't forget, we signed Scharping as well prior to 2022. Seven OL adds since the end of 2022.

1. Brown, LT: prior to 2023, FA 
2. Ford, OT/OG, prior to 2023, FA 
--------------
3. Cappa, OG, prior to 2022, FA 
4. Collins, RT/G, prior to 2022, FA 
5. Karras, C/OG, prior to 2022, FA 
6. Volson, OG, 2022 Draft (Rd 4) 
7. Scharping, OG, prior to 2022 FA + prior to 2023 FA 
---------------------  
8. Carman, OT/G, 2021 Draft (Rd 2)  
9. Smith, OT/G, 2021 Draft (Rd 4) 
10. Hill, OC/OG, 2021 Draft (Rd 6)
---------------
11. Adeniji, OT/G, 2020 Draft (Rd 6)
-------------- 
12. Williams, OT, 2019 Draft (Rd 1) 

Where are guys were picked: 

1st: Williams (11th) 
2nd: Ford (38th), Carman (46th), Scharping (55th) 
3rd: Brown (83rd), Cappa (94th) 
4th: Volson (136th), Smith (149th) 
6th: Adeniji (180th), Hill (190th), Karras (226th) 
UDFA: Collins 
Reply/Quote
If Williams is traded, we won't have an OL on the roster who is a first round pick. I wonder how many other teams (if any) could say the same?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 02:33 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If Williams is traded, we won't have an OL on the roster who is a first round pick. I wonder how many other teams (if any) could say the same?

Superbowl Champs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 02:33 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If Williams is traded, we won't have an OL on the roster who is a first round pick. I wonder how many other teams (if any) could say the same?

There are five NFL teams that don't have a first round OL on the roster. They are Pittsburgh, Buffalo, LA Rams, Green Bay, and Washington. There is another 5-7 teams that only have one first rounder in their OL group. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 02:55 AM)Housh Wrote: There is no way in HELL Collins plays 1 snap this regular season.

How does this make any sense?   Trey Hopkins tore his ACL in week 17 and played in the opener.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 04:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How does this make any sense?   Trey Hopkins tore his ACL in week 17 and played in the opener.

You didn’t see the new report ls thar he tore ACL, PCL and the MCL. No way we should play him. We’ve got him for 2 more years

I say take the yesr off to make sure he heals so he can have a good 2024-2025 season and get himself one more good contract
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 04:59 PM)Housh Wrote: You didn’t see the new report ls thar he tore ACL, PCL and the MCL. No way we should play him. We’ve got him for 2 more years

I say take the yesr off to make sure he heals so he can have a good 2024-2025 season and get himself one more good contract

Tell me you are joking.  Joe Burrow tore all those as well, it is not uncommon.  Just because we didnt know at the time means nothing.

Just yesterday LC claimed he will be back by opening day.  I very seriously doubt that, but of course he can be back before the playoffs.  

Other than the OP of this thread, where have you read he will miss the entire season?

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 10:41 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Mans tore his ACL, PCL, and MCL.

So our opitions at RT are:

1. A disgruntled Jonah Williams.
2. Asskson Carman.
3.Hakeem Assdeniji.
4. Cody Ford.

RT is now a NEED this draft.

Is this Kevin and Emeritus' 3rd account?
Reply/Quote