Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
La'el Collins is Done
(04-23-2023, 02:02 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Tee.

???

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 02:02 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Tee.

Are you saying that you think that the Bengals will trade Tee Higgins for the #9 pick?  Who, pray tell do the Bengals need so badly this year, that they're willing to trade the team's second best WR option to attain? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you saying that you think that the Bengals will trade Tee Higgins for the #9 pick?  Who, pray tell do the Bengals need so badly this year, that they're willing to trade the team's second best WR option to attain? 

I’d trade Tee for the 9th pick. Clears up cap space, and presumably they can grab the best d-lineman available

I say clears up space because he will receive a giant pay day

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 09:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’d trade Tee for the 9th pick. Clears up cap space, and presumably they can grab the best d-lineman available

I say clears up space because he will receive a giant pay day

They will not even remotely consider trading Tee as Joe wants him. They will valiantly try to resign him and if they fail they will make sure Joe knows they gave it their best shot and that he agrees.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 11:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They will not even remotely consider trading Tee as Joe wants him. They will valiantly try to resign him and if they fail they will make sure Joe knows they gave it their best shot and that he agrees.

First off, if what you say is true then JB has more power over a Front Office than any employee in the history of the NFL.

I'm sure Mahomes wanted Tyreek Hill and Orlando Brown, but they had to part ways with those folks for the betterment of the team. 

If we cater to JB as much as many on here suggest then we are a weak franchise and JB is a selfish person.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 01:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Typically, I would agree with you on that statement.  However, when you look at the situation through the same lens as Leonard Leap in post #17, you realize that the Bengals "Tackle garage" is full of cars, but most of them are junkers that are completely upside down when it comes to their trade in value compared to what is still owed on them.

If La'el Collins was a car, he'd be on a buy here-pay here lot with a salvage title..

I agree here somewhat as well. I do find it a little curious of how they were able to convince Ford that he has a legitimate shot at the starting RT job. Definitely makes one think that something is afoot. We seem to have a handful of "Ford" Pintos (pun intended...waka-waka) vying for the job of road grater. On that, I certainly agree!
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off, if what you say is true then JB has more power over a Front Office than any employee in the history of the NFL.

I'm sure Mahomes wanted Tyreek Hill and Orlando Brown, but they had to part ways with those folks for the betterment of the team. 

If we cater to JB as much as many on here suggest then we are a weak franchise and JB is a selfish person.

They won’t keep Tee if in the end it’s not possible. Make sure that registers. They will try to resign him because both they and Joe agree about his value. But if Joe is going to take less money to keep them all together they aren’t pulling the dumb _____ moves the Packers made with Rodgers. He’s going to be a part of the discussion. Nobody said that every time they take a pee they call Joe first.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 12:34 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote:
They won’t keep Tee if in the end it’s not possible.
Make sure that registers. They will try to resign him because both they and Joe agree about his value. But if Joe is going to take less money to keep them all together they aren’t pulling the dumb _____ moves the Packers made with Rodgers. He’s going to be a part of the discussion. Nobody said that every time they take a pee they call Joe first.

Yes, you nailed it.... If something is NOT POSSIBLE that means it cannot happen under any circumstances and, therefore, doesn't. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off, if what you say is true then JB has more power over a Front Office than any employee in the history of the NFL.

Exactly. Joe couldn't keep his best friend on the team (no not Chase). Bates. So that's that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 11:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: Did he tear  his other knee in rehab? I had to check the date of the o/p.

He claims he is going to be ready day one of the season. 

1. The dude is lying trying not to get cut. 

2. The dude was never hurt in the first place and never had an operation that is why we have heard nothing about it.
Reply/Quote
Tee is NOT getting traded. You guys who keep bringing this up are hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 10:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Tee is NOT getting traded. You guys who keep bringing this up are hilarious.

Tobin soooooo put that to rest.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 09:16 AM)jj22 Wrote: Exactly. Joe couldn't keep his best friend on the team (no not Chase). Bates. So that's that.

Ha ha Joe didn’t want Bates to hinder keeping Higgins.

Reply/Quote
Collins is at Paycor today. He said he is doing most of his rehab here in Cincinnati. His knee has no timeline but he feels he is ahead of schedule. His back feels better than ever

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I like this attitude:

When asked about the right tackle competition and Jonah Williams, La’el Collins said, “We all know that’s a part of the business. Everybody goes through the business part at some point. All it is is we’re going to be better and have depth. We’re coming and we ain’t stopping.”

Collins: “It’s not always going to be what you want or whatever the case may be. But at the same time, Jonah is going to be fine. He’s a hell of an NFL player… I got all the confidence in the world in (him)."

"How good does that sound? A deep O-Line, it doesn’t get better."
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 11:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They will not even remotely consider trading Tee as Joe wants him. They will valiantly try to resign him and if they fail they will make sure Joe knows they gave it their best shot and that he agrees.

That's nonsense. You don't let inmates run the asylum. Front office's don't cower in fear to players, even elite QBs. They do what's in the best interest of the team and guys that get paid millions of dollars are expected to play. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Just a reminder, for those of you who may have glossed over some of this when you joined.

Quote:The Bengals Board - Code Of Conduct

The goal of 'The Bengals Board' has always been - and will always be - to provide the most enjoyable user experience possible for the members of our community. That means doing our best to ensure quality discussions, a wide variety of topics, easy to use features, security and reliability...and most of all, a friendly, respectful atmosphere.

In order to maintain a welcoming environment that everyone can enjoy participating in, it takes the commitment and efforts of each member in making sure that respect and civility are important aspects of their conduct and interactions on the board.

While the very nature of any fan community - or certain topics on any forum - can be contentious at times and lead to varying opinions, arguments and disagreements...we still have to do our best to eliminate things such as personal attacks and disruptive behaviors that only create additional problems and lead to the undermining of actual conversations.

With that in mind, the following is a list of actions that will automatically result in a member being permanently banned from the board:
Posting images, videos or links that contain nudity and/or sexual acts.
Sharing or linking to content that contains illegal materials or practices.
Posting links to sites that contain malware, spyware, phishing, viruses, etc.
In addition. these actions can lead to a suspension, and depending on severity and frequency, can result in a permanent ban:
Creating any account(s) other than your original one.
Publicly calling out staff members or moderation / disciplinary actions.
Attempting to bypass the language filter by adding letters, spaces or characters.
Spamming with unapproved advertising, commercial solicitation or link repetition.
Trolling with posts / threads that are purposely intended to provoke reactions and instigate arguments.
Starting a thread in order to call out, make fun of or start a fight with another member of the board.
Bumping an old thread(s) for the specific purpose of demonstrating that a member/opinion was wrong, or purposely bumping multiple 'dead threads' (30 or more days without a post).
Purposely and/or repeatedly posting off-topic messages or content that impedes, derails or hijacks a thread.
Any use of hateful language containing slurs or bigotry towards race, gender or sexual preference.
Messages of any kind that are intended to insult, belittle, harass, embarrass or threaten another member.
Dealing with issues / problems concerning members, posts or threads:
If you think a member is in violation of the CoC, or you have an issue or problem with another member that you can't resolve yourself or that you need assistance with, you can contact a staff member and request their help. You also have the option to place a member on your 'Ignore' list if you would no longer like to see their posts.
If you see a post or thread that you feel violates the CoC, you can easily notify the staff by using the 'Report' button on the post / thread. We review all reports and make determinations on each.
Board Moderation
The staff does it's very best to keep the board as streamline and clutter free as possible. In doing so, similar or repetitive topics may be merged into one thread. Also, threads made in the wrong forum or subforum will be moved to the correct one.
The staff will also edit or delete any posts or threads that it deems in violation of the CoC, and will lock any thread that has veered too far off topic or has been derailed by bickering.
When it comes to disciplinary actions, the staff always strives to be as fair as possible in evaluating and making a determination with each instance and member. A number of factors are involved including: severity, frequency, warnings and history.
*If a member disagrees with a previous disciplinary action or wants further clarification, they can message any Admin via PM. If the member is currently under a suspension or ban, they can contact me via email or by using 'Contact Us' located at the bottom left of the board.
*If you have any suggestions or general feedback on the moderation of the board, feel free to contact any staff member.
*If you have an issue with an individual staff member that you want to discuss, you can contact me directly via PM or email.

Administration email: thebengalsboard@gmail.com or bengalholic@gmail.com

***As a registered member of The Bengals Board, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the Code of Conduct. You also agree to follow these rules and are aware of the consequences for violating them.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Collins looks like he is a bit lighter than before - maybe helping his back?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 01:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's nonsense. You don't let inmates run the asylum. Front office's don't cower in fear to players, even elite QBs. They do what's in the best interest of the team and guys that get paid millions of dollars are expected to play. 

If Joe agrees to take less salary and let it be known that he wants Tee then it will be expected to retain him. But Tobin and Zac want to anyway. Absolutely doesn’t mean it’s an edict and Joe is smart enough to realize what’s practical. I’m not even remotely suggesting that they need his approval on personnel decisions. But unlike GB with Aaron Rodgers they are darn sure going to include him on certain players.x

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 11:53 AM)pally Wrote: Collins is at Paycor today.  He said he is doing most of his rehab here in Cincinnati.  His knee has no timeline but he feels he is ahead of schedule.  His back feels better than ever

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thanks Pally. Good stuff, man if LC comes back even by midseason we are looking much better depth wise, he is a great run 
blocker when healthy. Expecting Carman to be the starter at RT opening day and be decent at the very least.

We are looking better at OL than we did last year at this time simply because Karras, Cappa, Volson all have chemistry together
now and Carman finally started looking like a good player in the Playoffs. Orlando Brown is an upgrade at LT because he can stay
healthy and is bigger and fits a Gap scheme better than Jonah and doesn't get pushed around.

Might need to give some reps to the starting OL in preseason to have Brown gain chemistry next to Volson though.

(04-24-2023, 12:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I like this attitude:

When asked about the right tackle competition and Jonah Williams, La’el Collins said, “We all know that’s a part of the business. Everybody goes through the business part at some point. All it is is we’re going to be better and have depth. We’re coming and we ain’t stopping.”

Collins: “It’s not always going to be what you want or whatever the case may be. But at the same time, Jonah is going to be fine. He’s a hell of an NFL player… I got all the confidence in the world in (him)."

"How good does that sound? A deep O-Line, it doesn’t get better."

Nice, saying all the right things, I like Lael, I hope he comes back better than ever. Wink

(04-24-2023, 02:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: Collins looks like he is a bit lighter than before - maybe helping his back?

Awesome, sure hope so, him being lighter will help the healing process.
Reply/Quote