Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
La'el Collins is Done
(04-24-2023, 07:08 PM)RancidJedi Wrote: lol  there's no proof hes in the best shape in years or healthiest, id say the same thing if i didn't want to be replaced.

Yeah, it's preseason, so skepticism is warranted. On the other hand, the idea that any statements LC makes are gonna somehow fool the Bengals coaching & medical staff into thinking he is progressingly nicely when he actually washed does not have mych merit, to put it nicely. 

The docs have had a look. They can see how he is moving, what his weight is. How he looks. He cannot fool them. It's not like ZT said, "Oh, LC said he was good, take tackle off the board. No, don't have the docs or staff have a look. Or even the coaches. Word is bond." 

Any statements he makes isn't gonna fool them. So it makes it less likely he'd oie, because it is pointless. Long way to, sure. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 06:19 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yeah, it's preseason, so skepticism is warranted. On the other hand, the idea that any statements LC makes are gonna somehow fool the Bengals coaching & medical staff into thinking he is progressingly nicely when he actually washed does not have mych merit, to put it nicely. 

The docs have had a look. They can see how he is moving, what his weight is. How he looks. He cannot fool them. It's not like ZT said, "Oh, LC said he was good, take tackle off the board. No, don't have the docs or staff have a look. Or even the coaches. Word is bond." 

Any statements he makes isn't gonna fool them. So it makes it less likely he'd oie, because it is pointless. Long way to, sure. 

agree somewhat, has there ever been a player who had a lackluster year, have a major ACL,PCL, MCL injury then come back the following year even better than the year before, that just doesnt sound reasonable.   every player in the history of the NFL says, "im recovering well, its going ahead of schedule, im coming back stronger than last year."  I was really excited when we signed him last year but he had a down year and was the weak link on the line last year, along with Williams.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 03:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: I see our traditional forum dispute between the cynical and the hopeful is back in play.

Back in play?  It never ends.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nothing Collins says, or for that matter Williams or Carman, is going to move the needle much for me. I have to see it on the field. Or as Whit said, "put it on tape".
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 09:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nothing Collins says, or for that matter Williams or Carman, is going to move the needle much for me. I have to see it on the field. Or as Whit said, "put it on tape".

Exactly, players on the mend will never give a negative progress report because they're all superior competitors, or else they would have never made it to this level in the first place.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 07:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Fixing knees is getting better and better all the time. No one thought Burrow would be back so quickly from his surgery either. Yes, Collins is a bigger man playing a different position, but that doesn't mean his rehab is not going as well as Joe's did. A little good news, no need to crap all over it.

To me it's like fat randy missing a ton of FGs and saying in the off season I made 100/100 from 55 yards in practice. lol. Put it on tape, his job is on the line, what would you say. Even Burrow has questionable quotes post appendectomy if you go read them, it was obvious he wasn't ready when watching the tape. It probably doesn't help anyone if he tells his opponents he's not 100%, most athletes like to not show any weakness.

Like would anyone have expected him to say "My knee still hurts it's probably at 50% I don't know if I can play the full season next year"? Lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: To me it's like fat randy missing a ton of FGs and saying in the off season I made 100/100 from 55 yards in practice. lol. Put it on tape, his job is on the line, what would you say. Even Burrow has questionable quotes post appendectomy if you go read them, it was obvious he wasn't ready when watching the tape. It probably doesn't help anyone if he tells his opponents he's not 100%, most athletes like to not show any weakness.

Like would anyone have expected him to say "My knee still hurts it's probably at 50% I don't know if I can play the full season next year"? Lol.

Yep it was the same thing post superbowl, when Burrow and Zac spoke of the OLINE, when they were praising them and people here were losing their F'ing minds.  Then come FA......

But people like to be hysterical I think.  Something to worry about besides real life.
Reply/Quote