Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
La'el Collins is Done
(04-24-2023, 06:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: from early signs sounds like he is ahead of schedule and feels back was helped by the rehab... so maybe he is not done

https://stripehype.com/posts/bengals-rt-lael-collins-provides-update-recovery 

Honestly this is great news that I didn't expect from LC. I expected Chido to be ahead of LC because of the difference in size of the
players. Plus Chido got injured before LC, but LC being in good shape and feeling good at this time of year sure makes me feel better
about RT with Carman getting a ton of snaps there during TC, Preseason and probably being the starter opening day.

We all saw how Hopkins came back from his injury, he wasn't right until the Playoffs that year.
Reply/Quote
lol there's no proof hes in the best shape in years or healthiest, id say the same thing if i didn't want to be replaced.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 07:08 PM)RancidJedi Wrote: lol  there's no proof hes in the best shape in years or healthiest, id say the same thing if i didn't want to be replaced.

That's right.  He's saying the right things, as he doesn't want his career to end, especially when he's on a legit SB contender.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 09:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's right.  He's saying the right things, as he doesn't want his career to end, especially when he's on a legit SB contender.

Personally, I hope he is in good shape and making solid progress, because it would be a huge plus having a healthy, motivated Collins in the lineup.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 09:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Personally, I hope he is in good shape and making solid progress, because it would be a huge plus having a healthy, motivated Collins in the lineup.

Of course, I also hope that he comes back larger than life (in playing ability), I just have my doubts with a man that large and the severity of the reconstruction needed on 3 ligament tears.  I'm sure that he feels great now, but I have my doubts when it comes to putting real action athletic stress on that knee.  At his size, and the abilities of the men he's blocking, it's going to be rough for Mr. Collins.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He said he's feeling better than he ever has in an off season. Yeah, I'm not sure I believe it 100% either, yet.
Reply/Quote
Fixing knees is getting better and better all the time. No one thought Burrow would be back so quickly from his surgery either. Yes, Collins is a bigger man playing a different position, but that doesn't mean his rehab is not going as well as Joe's did. A little good news, no need to crap all over it.
Reply/Quote
Good thing with Collins is even if he isn't 100% this season, I bet he would still be decent at guard, so he would at the very least provide depth there and OT.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 07:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Fixing knees is getting better and better all the time. No one thought Burrow would be back so quickly from his surgery either. Yes, Collins is a bigger man playing a different position, but that doesn't mean his rehab is not going as well as Joe's did. A little good news, no need to crap all over it.

Well said Sled. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 07:08 PM)RancidJedi Wrote: lol  there's no proof hes in the best shape in years or healthiest, id say the same thing if i didn't want to be replaced.

Of course, there's proof; he said so. Conversely, there's no proof he isn't. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This entire thread is just strange to me.

Last year, everyone was excited when we signed Collins due to his years of high level RT play under Pollack in Dallas. He has one down year in which he was hampered by injury, and he's finished. He may be, but writing him off after only one bad season with his previous track record is premature, at best.

As far as how his knee is coming along, if he had something to hide I assume he would be away from the team rehabbing it on his own, not rehabbing with our trainers in Cincinnati so they know exactly where he's at with his recovery.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: This entire thread is just strange to me.  

Last year, everyone was excited when we signed Collins due to his years of high level RT play under Pollack in  Dallas.  He has one down year in which he was hampered by injury, and he's finished.  He may be, but writing him off after only one bad season with his previous track record is premature, at best.

As far as how his knee is coming along, if he had something to hide I assume he would be away from the team rehabbing it on his own, not rehabbing with our trainers in Cincinnati so they know exactly where he's at with his recovery.

is it tough to be this naïve? Im impressed 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 11:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: is it tough to be this naïve? Im impressed 

What's more naive?  

Collins has a bounce back year once healthy.

Carman continues to develop and builds off his late season performance from last year.

Some team gives up some draft picks for Jonah when T's like Taylor Lewan are still sitting out there in FA.

An early draft pick at RT from a T class so putrid that a guy who analysts have said has the worst run blocking profile of a T drafted in the 1st since 2015 and struggles enough with speed rushers that he is projected as a RT only in the NFL is the board go to pick is going to come in and play at a high level as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 12:48 AM)Whatever Wrote: What's more naive?  

Collins has a bounce back year once healthy.

Carman continues to develop and builds off his late season performance from last year.

Some team gives up some draft picks for Jonah when T's like Taylor Lewan are still sitting out there in FA.

An early draft pick at RT from a T class so putrid that a guy who analysts have said has the worst run blocking profile of a T drafted in the 1st since 2015 and struggles enough with speed rushers that he is projected as a RT only in the NFL is the board go to pick is going to come in and play at a high level as a rookie.

Im gonna address this a.d.d post one by one

not naive to think carman improves. I never said anything about that

thinking LC will bounce back after ANOTHER injury is pure naivety 

idk who the  hell you are talking about. the chiefs new LT? if so, he's supposed to be a decent pass blocker, and thats more important for KC

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 11:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: is it tough to be this naïve? Im impressed 

Is it tough to be so cynical and negative all the time?

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:50 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Is it tough to be so cynical and negative all the time?

I’m cynical for not believing an older, more banged up LC will somehow play better than he did in 22? Sure, guess I’m a cynic

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 11:10 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m cynical for not believing an older, more banged up LC will somehow play better than he did in 22? Sure, guess I’m a cynic

Yes you are. Didn't expect LC to be 100% until mid to late in the season this year, but hearing that he is in good shape and could 
play in a brace right now is encouraging even if it is highly unbelievable that he could. Still is encouraging, but I still don't expect 
him to be ready come opening day. Being in great shape DOES help in recovering quicker.

Personally I am less cynical about LC coming back with this news. But I think Carman will make it hard on him to get his starting 
spot back, sure as hell hope so. A healthy LC would be fantastic as a backup at Tackle or Guard.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 09:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He said he's feeling better than he ever has in an off season. Yeah, I'm not sure I believe it 100% either, yet.

One can "feel" any way they want, but it doesn't always mean it's reality lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I see our traditional forum dispute between the cynical and the hopeful is back in play.

Either Collins is truthful or he's not. Nothing in his past career indicates him to be one who spins tales. Plus he is rehabbing right there under the eyes of the Bengals.

As to this draft, they no doubt would like a plug and play power RT. But they also have ton of Tackles on roster including Collins, Carman, Ford (who is intriguing because he has had only one stint at RT in the NFL so far and that was not in a Power Gap scheme yet still it was his best play), Jonah, Adeniji and Smith. So, they may be thinking that in this mob they already have a RT who will work in the scheme they have adopted. Or they may not. We don't know.

The OTHER thing they feel they need is either a RB or TE that will help them get opposing defenses out of the cover 2 shell. If THIS is their plan then get ready to say hi to either a TE that falls to them or a back like a Jahmyr Gibbs or Bijan Robinson.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:50 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Is it tough to be so cynical and negative all the time?

Not when you’re a keyboard warrior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote