Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
La'el Collins is Done
Collins says this is the best he's felt in years and feels like he coupd play today with a brace.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36281134/bengals-lael-collins-feels-great-no-table-return

Look, it is pre-srason. Talk is cheap. But he is here. He says he feels good. No way he is out all year from the sugery.

1) Tee isn't getting traded
2) Collins is not missing the whole year
3) I doubt Jonah gets traded either
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Collins says this is the best he's felt in years and feels like he coupd play today with a brace.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36281134/bengals-lael-collins-feels-great-no-table-return

Look, it is pre-season. Talk is cheap. But he is here. He says he feels good. No way he is out all year from the sugery.

Still, we need to draft the best guy who can play ROT as our #1 pick.  Here are my top 3: Darnell Wright, Anton Harrison, and Dawand Jones.  Also, an elite CB/SS in the 2nd, and we can get a TE (Kraft, Schoonmaker, or Kuntz) in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Collins says this is the best he's felt in years and feels like he coupd play today with a brace.

Look, it is pre-srason. Talk is cheap. But he is here. He says he feels good. No way he is out all year from the sugery.

I think the rehab process is actually a good thing for La'el. He should come out of it in better overall shape. If he can come back healthy, extra motivated and with better conditioning...it would be huge for this line. I think some are trying to write him off too quickly. At worst, he would be incredible depth. 
Reply/Quote

That is awesome to hear from LC. I do think we trade Jonah, but if not that is okay too. Just make sure it is an open competition at 
RT between him, Carman and Ford until Collins is ready to come back 100%. 

(04-24-2023, 03:38 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Still, we need to draft the best guy who can play ROT as our #1 pick.  Here are my top 3: Darnell Wright, Anton Harrison, and Dawand Jones.  Also, an elite CB/SS in the 2nd, and we can get a TE (Kraft, Schoonmaker, or Kuntz) in the 3rd.

Would be all for Wright of course, but the others have questions especially in the first round. Harrison is more of a finesse OT and
Dawand Jones has been avoiding drills all the while being a monster. Makes me hesitant, also, we don't know if just because we 
draft an OT early he will win the job. We have missed on OL a ton over the years early.
Reply/Quote
I just tore my quad, and this is the best I’ve felt in years!

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 02:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If Joe agrees to take less salary and let it be known that he wants Tee then it will be expected to retain him. But Tobin and Zac want to anyway. Absolutely doesn’t mean it’s an edict and Joe is smart enough to realize what’s practical. I’m not even remotely suggesting that they need his approval on personnel decisions. But unlike GB with Aaron Rodgers they are darn sure going to include him on certain players.x

So then it was a waste of time to type this?

"They will not even remotely consider trading Tee as Joe wants him. They will valiantly try to resign him and if they fail they will make sure Joe knows they gave it their best shot and that he agrees."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The thing that will determine whether the Bengals sign Higgins or not will be what his agent asks for and how hardline Tee is to get a compensatory bag. 

Basically, Jesse Bates or any other NFL player. If they're reasonable, they'll get it done. If they're not, they won't. Burrow will have to suck it up regardless (i feel stupid even typing that as if he's so emotionally unstable that he'd need to be reassured by the FO). 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I appreciate his enthusiasm but he tore his ACL/MCL/PCL in December. There's no way he's ready to go by August. Hell, mid-season would be a blessing.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:38 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Still, we need to draft the best guy who can play ROT as our #1 pick.  Here are my top 3: Darnell Wright, Anton Harrison, and Dawand Jones.  Also, an elite CB/SS in the 2nd, and we can get a TE (Kraft, Schoonmaker, or Kuntz) in the 3rd.

I could not disagree more. 

Harrison is not strong enough to help this year & Jones has avoided doing drills. Both are reaches at #28. I'd take Wright over almost anyone likely to be available, however. I think the chances he's there are around 10% & dropping daily. 

Locking in at one position is not gonna happen, and shouldn't. We do not have an immediate need at tackle (with Jonah here). 

I think OL looks like this, heading into the draft:

OT: Brown, Williams; Carman 
OG: Cappa, Volson; Scharping 
C: Karras, Smith 
IR/PUP: Collins 

Ford makes it as RT#4/OG#4. And Adeniji/Smith fight for the last spot. 

If Collins is healthy, I still think Ford is the #4 guard/#5 OT. 

The healthier Collins is  the less likely we take an OT. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So then it was a waste of time to type this?

" They will not even remotely consider trading Tee as Joe wants him. They will valiantly try to resign him and if they fail they will make sure Joe knows they gave it their best shot and that he agrees."

PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:
They will not even remotely consider trading Tee as Joe wants him. They will valiantly try to resign him and if they fail they will make sure Joe knows they gave it their best shot and that he agrees.

rgaulk34 That's nonsense. You don't let inmates run the asylum. Front office's don't cower in fear to players, even elite QBs. They do what's in the best interest of the team and guys that get paid millions of dollars are expected to play.

I think Tee is a part of the plan. Joe’s plan and Zac/Duke’s plan. They are going to go that direction hard until it’s not feasible. Knowing that it’s Joe’s preference they will make sure he’s a part of the discussion and he’s smart enough to ascertain what’s practical or not. But right now they are bound and determined to keep Tee. It’s what they all get paid the big bucks for. Make things work. I saw an AFC OC in late March ( not Cincy) he said ( just his opinion) that they will resign Tee and what everybody thinks. We’ll see.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
With 7 OT on the roster I think the Bengals will go Guard probably in Round 3 or 4. Ford already has shown he isn't a Guard - if he has a place in the NFL it is like Carman as a Tackle. If they do go Guard then they have Cappa, Volson, Scharping and the Pick for Guards and Brown, Collins, Ford and Carman are the Tackles and Hill and Karras the Centers. This would indicate a purge of the horde of Tackles with a Jonah trade and cuts of Adeniji and Smith.

It would also result in an OL room where the starters and reserves are all Power Gap players.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I could not disagree more. 

Harrison is not strong enough to help this year & Jones has avoided doing drills. Both are reaches at #28. I'd take Wright over almost anyone likely to be available, however. I think the chances he's there are around 10% & dropping daily. 

Locking in at one position is not gonna happen, and shouldn't. We do not have an immediate need at tackle (with Jonah here). 

Jones has avoided doing drills cause he sucks. Ninja Like i've said all along. double ninja

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:
They will not even remotely consider trading Tee as Joe wants him. They will valiantly try to resign him and if they fail they will make sure Joe knows they gave it their best shot and that he agrees.

rgaulk34  That's nonsense. You don't let inmates run the asylum. Front office's don't cower in fear to players, even elite QBs. They do what's in the best interest of the team and guys that get paid millions of dollars are expected to play.

I think Tee is a part of the plan. Joe’s plan and Zac/Duke’s plan. They are going to go that direction hard until it’s not feasible. Knowing that it’s Joe’s preference they will make sure he’s a part of the discussion and he’s smart enough to ascertain what’s practical or not. But right now they are bound and determined to keep Tee. It’s what they all get paid the big bucks for. Make things work. I saw an AFC OC in late March ( not Cincy) he said ( just his opinion) that they will resign Tee and what everybody thinks. We’ll see.

So, they're gonna do it, unless they can't do it. 

K. I got it now.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, they're gonna do it, unless they can't do it. 

K. I got it now.  Mellow

Nice try. They are hell bent on resigning Tee. JMO it will get done. You are welcome to disagree. Like I said last month I saw a friend that’s an AFC OC and he’s convinced they will and says that’s what everybody thinks. Doesn’t mean squat or that’s it’s not a long way from happening.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Nice try. They are hell bent on resigning Tee. JMO it will get done. You are welcome to disagree. Like I said last month I saw a friend that’s an AFC OC and he’s convinced and says that’s what everybody thinks. Doesn’t mean squat or that’s it’s not a long way from happening.

I don't think or believe there's any doubt they will try their best to sign Tee. That's not even in question. 

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I could not disagree more. 

Do you really want to count on a guy who doesn't want to be here?  IMO,  Having a bad and beat-up OL has cost us 2-Superbowls, so that's enough proof and reason for me to take the best OT available at 28.  I feel that were solid enough at most positions to be the top dog.  Yes, we need a Safety and most likely a solid CB, and a TE, BUT our depth on the OL especially at the OT spot is still the largest glaring weakness we have.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:57 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Do you really want to count on a guy who doesn't want to be here?  IMO,  Having a bad and beat-up OL has cost us 2-Superbowls, so that's enough proof and reason for me to take the best OT available at 28.  I feel that were solid enough at most positions to be the top dog.  Yes, we need a Safety and most likely a solid CB, and a TE, BUT our depth on the OL especially at the OT spot is still the largest glaring weakness we have.

I think we trade Jonah during the Draft, cause yeah, don't want a player who doesn't want to be here and honestly doesn't really 
fit the scheme we are going to run more of now. We added Orlando Brown and Cody Ford who are power Gap OL, Jonah fits more
of the wide Zone scheme and is more of a finesse OL. Anton Harrison is also more of a finesse OT, so I don't think he fits. His team 
mate Wanya Morris actually seems to fit more and can be had in the mid rounds.

Darnell Wright is the only OT that fits us early and he most likely will be gone. You draft anyone else and it is still a question if they
even win the starting job over Carman or Ford at RT. Dawand Jones is avoiding drills, big question mark. Bergeron isn't the best in 
pass protection although I do like him as a mauler in the run game. Warren McClendon is an OT I would like in the mid rounds.

Doesn't have to be early, we can add depth later to the OL and still be upgraded.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think or believe there's any doubt they will try their best to sign Tee. That's not even in question. 

If we heard the following about any other QB in the league, he'd have out our hate-daggers.

QB X is demanding that his team keeps 2 of the top WRs in the league regardless of how much the cap hit will affect their ability to sign other players and they will only part ways with the WR IF the QB agrees to it. 

That's some Prima Dona shit and IDT Joe is wired that way, but none of us can see behind the curtain.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 10:41 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Mans tore his ACL, PCL, and MCL.

So our opitions at RT are:

1. A disgruntled Jonah Williams.
2. Asskson Carman.
3.Hakeem Assdeniji.
4. Cody Ford.

RT is now a NEED this draft.

from early signs sounds like he is ahead of schedule and feels back was helped by the rehab... so maybe he is not done

https://stripehype.com/posts/bengals-rt-lael-collins-provides-update-recovery 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 06:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we heard the following about any other QB in the league, he'd have out our hate-daggers.

QB X is demanding that his team keeps 2 of the top WRs in the league regardless of how much the cap hit will affect their ability to sign other players and they will only part ways with the WR IF the QB agrees to it. 

That's some Prima Dona shit and IDT Joe is wired that way, but none of us can see behind the curtain.

Yup. 

Reply/Quote