Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaFell = Torn Ligament in Hand
(08-16-2016, 02:20 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: All of these injuries have to be weather related.

Their super athletic bodies need to be pampered more.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Figures as soon as people finally convince me LaFell isn't going to be crap he ends up getting hurt.

marvin seems sure he can play week 1.. so we will see.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: marvin seems sure he can play week 1.. so we will see.

Meh, I'll believe it when I hear a man who is actually held accountable for his actions say it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I'll believe it when I hear a man who is actually held accountable for his actions say it.

Because when has Marvin ever not be accurate in his assessment of when a player will return Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 03:05 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Because when has Marvin ever not be accurate in his assessment of when a player will return Ninja

Marvin is right more often than the Chicken Littles around here who claim every injury is season ending.
Reply/Quote
If a ligament is 100% torn it needs surgery. If it's partially torn it can heal on its own, but could take a while. A simple MRI can tell if it's completely torn or not. I hope to God our medical staff is just being vague. If he hasn't had an MRI yet............ Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Just saw this:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 03:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin is right more often than the Chicken Littles around here who claim every injury is season ending.

Good point.  I need to thank all the anti-Chicken Littles around here for convincing me it was stupid to be concerned that Lafell was injured last year and are now telling me how stupid I am for being concerned that he is injured before the season even starts.  He's probably not even THAT hurt, and if he is I'm sure I'll be a moron for being concerned about the impact it will have on the team.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My guess is some Vet WR's will be cut in the next couple weeks. We will find a comparable replacement if need be for a few weeks.
Reply/Quote
Even if lafell is ready for the opener , he will have no timing with Dalton. Boyd and core need to work with 1st team. Our young guys are gonna have to step up sooner than later.

I hope someone is telling jeremy hill he needs to turn it up this season . We might need a heavy dosage of hill and gio until eifert is back .
Reply/Quote
Trade for Torey Smith!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 03:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin is right more often than the Chicken Littles around here who claim every injury is season ending.

You are correct.  Thank you so much for setting me, and the entire board, straight on not only this matter, but so many others.  I cannot begin to explain my level of appreciation.
Reply/Quote
Just saw on bengals.com that Marv didn't rule him out for Thursday night in Detroit.

Says he expects both Lafell and Ogbuehi for the season opener...
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just saw on bengals.com that Marv didn't rule him out for Thursday night in Detroit.

Says he expects both Lafell and Ogbuehi for the season opener...

I saw that too.  And let's face it, if Marvin is going to actually say someone is expected to be ready, then they definitely are, at least IMO.  He always (and probably rightly so) errs on the safe side when making any timeline statement on injury, so I think things aren't that bad for either one of these guys  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 03:52 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: I saw that too.  And let's face it, if Marvin is going to actually say someone is expected to be ready, then they definitely are, at least IMO.  He always (and probably rightly so) errs on the safe side when making any timeline statement on injury, so I think things aren't that bad for either one of these guys  

He usually is very vague no doubt so this sounds like a good sign to me.

Lafell needs to get some snaps in with Dalton. Hope he can go in the 3rd Preseason game where we play our starters the 1st half.

Chemistry will be an issue early in the year. Need our guys on the same page.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He usually is very vague no doubt so this sounds like a good sign to me.

Lafell needs to get some snaps in with Dalton. Hope he can go in the 3rd Preseason game where we play our starters the 1st half.

Chemistry will be an issue early in the year. Need our guys on the same page.

Agreed on all counts!
Reply/Quote
The Bills cut Leonard Hankerson yesterday, worth kicking the tires on.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 04:15 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The Bills cut Leonard Hankerson yesterday, worth kicking the tires on.

I think he dropped four balls in the preseason game.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 04:16 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think he dropped four balls in the preseason game.

Sounds as good as Lafell Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 04:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Sounds as good as Lafell Ninja

Na, LeFell had zero drops in the first preseason game!
Reply/Quote