Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaFell = Torn Ligament in Hand
(08-16-2016, 03:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good point.  I need to thank all the anti-Chicken Littles around here for convincing me it was stupid to be concerned that Lafell was injured last year and are now telling me how stupid I am for being concerned that he is injured before the season even starts.  He's probably not even THAT hurt, and if he is I'm sure I'll be a moron for being concerned about the impact it will have on the team.

Not sure what you mean by this post.

I never said you were stupid to be concerned.  Don't know how you got that from anything I said.

Seems like you are either being way to defensive or maybe just trying to stir the pot instead of having a serious discussion.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 03:48 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You are correct.  Thank you so much for setting me, and the entire board, straight on not only this matter, but so many others.  I cannot begin to explain my level of appreciation.

You are welcome.

Glad I could help.
Reply/Quote
We really need to get Boyd and Core as many reps as possible against 1s to see where we actually stand.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 03:13 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: If a ligament is 100% torn it needs surgery. If it's partially torn it can heal on its own, but could take a while. A simple MRI can tell if it's completely torn or not. I hope to God our medical staff is just being vague. If he hasn't had an MRI yet............ Mellow

Not necessarily.  Many torn ligaments can be treated with immobilization or dynamic splinting. You could probably diagnosis a torn ligament in the hand with a fluoroscope rather than an MRI. 

Plus just because they reported as a ligament injury doesn't mean it isn't a tendon injury. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 05:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Not necessarily.  Many torn ligaments can be treated with immobilization or dynamic splinting. You could probably diagnosis a torn ligament in the hand with a fluoroscope rather than an MRI. 

Plus just because they reported as a ligament injury doesn't mean it isn't a tendon injury. 

oncemoreuntothejimbreech is officially the board medical staff!!  Another fact-based anatomy factoid.  Kudos to you sir!
Reply/Quote
He could barely catch with two healthy hands. This season may be something else if this training camp is a sign.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Marvin lew was asked if he would miss week 1 against the jets his answer? No. Thats it so seems like they are just gonna rehab it no surgery and also man i would love to trade for green beckhan. A big reciever with great hands who never got a great shot in tennesse i would love to take a flier on him
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 05:31 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: oncemoreuntothejimbreech is officially the board medical staff!!  Another fact-based anatomy factoid.  Kudos to you sir!

And what most don't realize is Core's dislocated finger is probably more serious than a collateral ligament tear in a finger, except for a gamekeeper's thumb. 

But, nobody has freaked out about that yet because most underestimate the seriousness of a finger dislocation. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 05:49 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Marvin lew was asked if he would miss week 1 against the jets his answer? No. Thats it so seems like they are just gonna rehab it no surgery and also man i would love to trade for green beckhan. A big reciever with great hands who never got a great shot in tennesse i would love to take a flier on him

You saw he was traded to the Eagles today right?
Reply/Quote
Hey look on the bright side. Andy must really have some zip in his ball. Dislocated Core's finger and tore LaFell's tendon.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 06:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey look on the bright side. Andy must really have some zip in his ball. Dislocated Core's finger and tore LaFell's tendon.

I could make a joke about the muzzle velocity of the Red Rifle, but I'm afraid someone would start discussing the size of his package again.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:46 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Agree, but it might be time to bring in a roddy white or colston.  It would be nice to have a veteran reciever on opening day other than AJ.  

Brian hartline and Dwayne bowe are also available still

Sure would be nice to have some veteran depth behind LaFell and Boyd. Tate doesn't qualify, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what you mean by this post.

I never said you were stupid to be concerned.  Don't know how you got that from anything I said.

Seems like you are either being way to defensive or maybe just trying to stir the pot instead of having a serious discussion.

I might have you and another "Lafell is going to be as good if not better than MLJ" poster combined into one, then.  I was told he wasn't injury-prone and that last year was a total statistical and health anomaly.  And yes, I'm a pot stirrer.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 06:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sure would be nice to have some veteran depth behind LaFell and Boyd. Tate doesn't qualify, IMO.

If only some people were earlier pushing for Anquan Boldin to be signed to prevent this exact situation from happening, right? Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 06:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sure would be nice to have some veteran depth behind LaFell and Boyd. Tate doesn't qualify, IMO.

You mean to tell me you don't consider Tate's 57 catches over 7 NFL seasons all that veteran leadership and experience, and getting it done ?  Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 06:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I might have you and another "Lafell is going to be as good if not better than MLJ" poster combined into one, then.  I was told he wasn't injury-prone and that last year was a total statistical and health anomaly.  And yes, I'm a pot stirrer.

Sorry, but I still don't see how this has anything to do with my comment that you responded to.

Maybe you mistakenly quoted the wrong post.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 06:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If only some people were earlier pushing for Anquan Boldin to be signed to prevent this exact situation from happening, right? Lol

How did you miss the thread Brad stared about this months ago in the free agent forum?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 07:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How did you miss the thread Brad stared about this months ago in the free agent forum?

It was a joke, Fred. I was a loud supporter (and so were some others) of signing Boldin.

Many people saw this coming, hence the lol.. because it was so obvious.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I just saw the name Dwayne Bowe.

If we sign Dwayne Bowe I am no longer a Bengal fan.

Good lord, if we sign Dwayne Bowe I will go down to Cincinnati and burn down the stadium.

I'm pretty sure that it's mostly iron and concrete so a can of lighter fluid probably isn't going to get the job done, but hey, it'll be interesting reading about the arson charges..the headline, "Man attempts to burn down entire stadium with a can of charcoal starter.." Just imagine all the Facebook clickbait that's going to generate..

I suppose it really depends on what part of his hand is hurting.. I've worked with my hands with torn ligaments plenty of times. Much to my disgrace I didn't catch footballs for a living though..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 06:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I could make a joke about the muzzle velocity of the Red Rifle, but I'm afraid someone would start discussing the size of his package again.  Ninja

Well from what I've heard.......
Reply/Quote