Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaFell = Torn Ligament in Hand
(08-17-2016, 03:52 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: That's kinda funny...  LOL

What exactly is a sig bet anyway fred?
Reply/Quote
Like others have mentioned.

Even if he is back for opener there will be no timing developed between him and Dalton yet.

Think this is significant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I see some people calling for Colston but he is still rehabbing a shoulder injury and he recently said that he is not rushing back to play so I think I would pass on him for now. I think maybe it would be worth a call to Roddy White to see what it would take to get him because he would not be a bad option at this point but I would not be surprised to see Marvin stay put and go with some of the younger talent he has now and that would definitely mean Brandon Tate will be here another year especially with the injury to Mario Alford.
Reply/Quote
This sucks. I hope LaFell will be back week 1. With him gone the receiving core is a lot worse. We need more than Green and some rookies. I do have high hopes for Boyd, and I think Core could be something better than Sanu, but it's always nice to have another NFL proven receiver out there. Hopefully we don't see too many rookie mistakes / forcing the ball to Green with LaFell out, but it has a good chance of it happening.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 05:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: has he practiced one time with the team since camp started?

Yeah, he had 4 catches in one day according to Dan Hoard...

But he has dropped a few balls understandably getting to know the system.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 07:16 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What exactly is a sig bet anyway fred?

LOL  glad you asked.   I was just acting like I knew what that was, but I don't LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 07:16 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What exactly is a sig bet anyway fred?

(08-18-2016, 01:19 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: LOL  glad you asked.   I was just acting like I knew what that was, but I don't LOL

The sig is the picture many have at the bottom of their posts (As you see mine is the best Thanks to CinnWillWin). If you lose a sig bet you have to display whatever the winner wants you to display. Often times they pump up the winner or poke fun at the loser.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 01:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The sig is the picture many have at the bottom of their posts (As you see mine is the best Thanks to CinnWillWin). If you lose a sig bet you have to display whatever the winner wants you to display. Often times they pump up the winner or poke fun at the loser.
Ah, gotcha.  I knew what the sig was, just wasn't clear on the ramifications of losing a 'sig bet'   good to know...  thanks bfine!
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to wonder if LaFell missing a couple games could be a blessing in disguise for the team. That is, if Boyd keeps looking the way he does. Kid looks like the real deal from what I've seen. We may have gotten a steal there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 08:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm starting to wonder if LaFell missing a couple games could be a blessing in disguise for the team. That is, if Boyd keeps looking the way he does. Kid looks like the real deal from what I've seen. We may have gotten a steal there.

[Image: count%2Byour%2Bblessings%2Bmp3.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Whatever Nate. You know rookies struggle to earn time under Marv. If LaFell only misses a game or two and Boyd is impressive enough to keep the starting gig, I don't see how that could be viewed as anything but positive. It would mean Boyd is balling out.

I'm not saying LaFell missing the entire season would be a positive or anything silly like that. I like what I see in Boyd though. I guess you think the season is down the tubes, but you don't see any positives right now? Particularly with Boyd so far?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 10:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Whatever Nate. You know rookies struggle to earn time under Marv. If LaFell only misses a game or two and Boyd is impressive enough to keep the starting gig, I don't see how that could be viewed as anything but positive. It would mean Boyd is balling out.

I'm not saying LaFell missing the entire season would be a positive or anything silly like that. I like what I see in Boyd though. I guess you think the season is down the tubes, but you don't see any positives right now? Particularly with Boyd so far?

Hey mellow oot!  I was being mostly facetious.  If you recall, I wasn't convinced Lafell was anything but a cheap-arse bandaid for our loss or 2 WRs.  I'm also critical of Marvin, so the notion that we have to enjoy the crappy veterans breaking down so the young guys get a shot fits my narrative, too.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 12:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey mellow oot!  I was being mostly facetious.  If you recall, I wasn't convinced Lafell was anything but a cheap-arse bandaid for our loss or 2 WRs.  I'm also critical of Marvin, so the notion that we have to enjoy the crappy veterans breaking down so the young guys get a shot fits my narrative, too.

Im totally mellow buddy, just giving you grief and trying to get something positive outta ya. You seemed to be pretty down about the injuries in other threads so I thought that may be where you were going here. 

It's sad that veterans have to be injured for rookies to get an honest shot (unless said rookie was drafted with intentions of starting, ala Bodine, Green, etc), but it seems that's how things go. I'm a slightly bigger LaFell fan than some, but if Boyd continues to play the way he has, he deserves a look as starter. Either way, hopefully LaFell doesn't miss too much time.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 12:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Im totally mellow buddy, just giving you grief and trying to get something positive outta ya. You seemed to be pretty down about the injuries in other threads so I thought that may be where you were going here. 

It's sad that veterans have to be injured for rookies to get an honest shot (unless said rookie was drafted with intentions of starting, ala Bodine, Green, etc), but it seems that's how things go. I'm a slightly bigger LaFell fan than some, but if Boyd continues to play the way he has, he deserves a look as starter. Either way, hopefully LaFell doesn't miss too much time.

I wouldn't say I'm down about the injuries, but I do tend to roll my eyes at the "blessings in disguise" nature of all the optimism flooding this board.  What can I say...I'm a bit of a centrist.  When people get too down I point out positives and when people get too high I try to ground things.

It just intrigues me that we were so high on this team last season and the team did so well BUT we find blessings in:

Hue leaving
Jones and Sanu leaving
getting Lafell at a bargain instead of overpaying for Jones or Sanu
Lafell getting injured so Core can shine
not getting the chance to draft the WR we originally wanted
getting Eifert healthy
no wait, Eifert NOT being healthy is a blessing because we can see what we have in Kroft
wait, Kroft is hurt but that's ok because now we can see what we have in Uzomah

and so on.  

I mean, I get the optimistic nature of the preason and a team with depth and no one is on the IR for life or anything.  Still, I just get flashes of the whole "The offense will be better without AJ because Dalton won't have one guy to lock onto" and so on and so forth.  I'm not telling people not to be optimistic, I just find analyzing the actual actions and mindsets of the optimists to be intriguing.

Again, as long as Dalton and AJ are alive it doesn't seem to matter who else is in one piece.  The guys getting hurt (other that Eifert) are all pretty secondary and/or not hurt long-term, it seems.  The only injury we couldn't spin positive was Dalton breaking his thumb (though some people really tried to convince us that we were about to see a Bledsoe-to-Brady transition take place).  But again...long-term and regular season so it's a different ball o' wax.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 03:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hue leaving - Concerning, but only because we don't know exactly what we have in Dalton. But confidence in Dalton lessens the blow of Hue leaving.
Jones and Sanu leaving - I was one of the first to emphasize my worries about this matter, however, so far in preseason I have been impressed with Boyd and Core.. mostly Boyd. The guy look smooth out there, I think he is going to transition into the offense seamlessly somehow.
getting Lafell at a bargain instead of overpaying for Jones or Sanu - Not into this one, Lafell is a downgrade (imo) from Jones and even with Sanu. Boyd again raising confidence in this department.
Lafell getting injured so Core can shine - * see below
not getting the chance to draft the WR we originally wanted - Sometimes that works out for the best.

getting Eifert healthy
no wait, Eifert NOT being healthy is a blessing because we can see what we have in Kroft
wait, Kroft is hurt but that's ok because now we can see what we have in Uzomah - Ya I don't buy that injuries let other guys shine stuff. Health is always the better option, unless you have the Bledsoe/Brady conundrum 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 05:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And what most don't realize is Core's dislocated finger is probably more serious than a collateral ligament tear in a finger, except for a gamekeeper's thumb. 

But, nobody has freaked out about that yet because most underestimate the seriousness of a finger dislocation. 

Lets face it .........we got AJ and B Tate

Boyd and the rest of the youngsters are gonna get their chance

2 of them need to step up and separate themselves from the pack

there is a reason Brady and Bellichek didn't want Lafell back
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 03:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I wouldn't say I'm down about the injuries, but I do tend to roll my eyes at the "blessings in disguise" nature of all the optimism flooding this board.  What can I say...I'm a bit of a centrist.  When people get too down I point out positives and when people get too high I try to ground things.

It just intrigues me that we were so high on this team last season and the team did so well BUT we find blessings in:

1. Hue leaving
2. Jones and Sanu leaving
3. getting Lafell at a bargain instead of overpaying for Jones or Sanu
4. Lafell getting injured so Core can shine
5. not getting the chance to draft the WR we originally wanted
6. getting Eifert healthy
wait, Kroft is hurt but that's ok because now we can see what we have in Uzomah

and so on.  

I mean, I get the optimistic nature of the preason and a team with depth and no one is on the IR for life or anything.  Still, I just get flashes of the whole "The offense will be better without AJ because Dalton won't have one guy to lock onto" and so on and so forth.  I'm not telling people not to be optimistic, I just find analyzing the actual actions and mindsets of the optimists to be intriguing.

Again, as long as Dalton and AJ are alive it doesn't seem to matter who else is in one piece.  The guys getting hurt (other that Eifert) are all pretty secondary and/or not hurt long-term, it seems.  The only injury we couldn't spin positive was Dalton breaking his thumb (though some people really tried to convince us that we were about to see a Bledsoe-to-Brady transition take place).  But again...long-term and regular season so it's a different ball o' wax.  

1. I'm worried the most about this one, but I do think Dalton and Zampese will roll over much of what made Dalton successful and comfortable last year. We will miss Hue's fire and leadership though. 

2. This one just depends on if and how quickly Boyd and LaFell gel within the offense. I wasn't a fan of signing either Jones or Sanu at the prices they commanded. Jones was paid #1 money when he would've been our #2 at best. Sanu's money was just stupid. 

I guess we might be worse off without them than we were last year, but say we signed Jones at 9+ million per. I'd have to believe that someone like Pacman or Iloka would've been gone instead. I don't always agree with the FO (obviously), but I like who they chose to bring back. Fwiw, Boyd (a 2nd rounder) could wind up better than Jones. His game looks similar. Wouldn't be hard for LaFell to match Sanu's production, either. Just my 2 cents.

3. I guess I've already touched on this. It was probably either Iloka/Lafell OR Sanu. Jones said it wasn't even about money so much as opportunity. While I don't believe we matched the Lions' guaranteed money, I do think Jones was gone either way. The FO made the right moves considering the circumstances, IMO.

4. Did someone really say that? Yikes.

5. I had WRs I wanted more than Boyd, but he's looking like a steal so far. Kid has great hands and runs good routes. I'm not one of those guys that always brags on a WR during preseason, but Boyd looks like he has "it". Cliche, I know, but he looks like he belongs. That 26 yarder vs the Lions was a beauty.

6. Probably the 2nd worst thing on this list. He's a huge loss, so hopefully he only misses a couple. He was a huge reason why the offense made such a giant leap last year.

I honestly like when you point out hypocrisy and bias at times. Sometimes I don't think things are so black and white though. Sometimes there's good reason for the moves we make that seem negative on the surface, and I do think there's reasons to remain positive about our (regular season) outlook this year. Despite some of the more obvious negatives.
Reply/Quote