Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lamar Jackson meltdown
(11-28-2022, 03:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure why I can’t just hate on an opposing player (from a rival team) without scrutiny, or having to justify the reasons.

Like I said, the sunglasses thing just rubbed me the wrong way. So did not shaking Burrow’s hand last season. I never said the kid is some degenerate scumbag. It’s really not that deep.

I never said it was deep or that you couldn't, just that it was silly/ridiculous. It's fine to hate on an opposing player of course, it just becomes goofy when you support a player who is similar. We clown on Steelers fans for the same thing e.g. "Burfict was so dirty!" with a response of "You want to talk about dirty players?!". 

You're free to hate on an opposing player, just like I or anyone else is free to point out the hypocrisy and that it looks silly. It's not that deep. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I never said it was deep or that you couldn't, just that it was silly/ridiculous. It's fine to hate on an opposing player of course, it just becomes goofy when you support a player who is similar. We clown on Steelers fans for the same thing e.g. "Burfict was so dirty!" with a response of "You want to talk about dirty players?!". 

You're free to hate on an opposing player, just like I or anyone else is free to point out the hypocrisy and that it looks silly. It's not that deep. 

Anyway…

Lamar lost to the Jags! I liked that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyway…

Lamar lost to the Jags! I liked that.

Maybe I have seen the Ravens Tuck too many teams to bed but when he lined up for the FG, I thought it was over. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly.  I felt the same was about Cam Newton and his disingenuous nature.  All huge smiles when they win, but a salty, whiny, excuse-making ***** when they lost.  Never accountable.  Lamar might not have been the one that fumbled, but his 50% completion rate and 250 yards (60 of which came on a duck to old man DeShawn Jackson who got behind THREE Jags) are just as responsible against a team like the Jags.  

Bro, not sure this was a duck...

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bro, not sure this was a duck...

Lamar can throw bombs. He can throw to the middle of the field. 

It's outside throws that he has a hard time with. He rarely even attempts them.

The Trenton Irwin grab yesterday was something you never see Lamar throw. Think of those Jordy Nelson sideline grabs with green bay, Lamar just cant do that
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bro, not sure this was a duck...

LoL, nope, it was more like a laser. He has accuracy issues at times, but his arm strength is never in question.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 04:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lamar can throw bombs. He can throw to the middle of the field. 

It's outside throws that he has a hard time with. He rarely even attempts them.

The Trenton Irwin grab yesterday was something you never see Lamar throw. Think of those Jordy Nelson sideline grabs with green bay, Lamar just cant do that

Yes, that's it in a nutshell.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No kidding. Joe could be described as one of the cockiest QBs in the league. Doesn’t bother me, I love it. I also don’t mind Lamar wearing sunglasses on the sideline. Why would I care about that but give Joe a pass for saying “I am who I thought I am.” after we beat the Panthers and Steelers, two awful teams? That looks like a glass house to me.

There's a clear difference between the two.  Joe is cocky, but also shows class and contrition in defeat.  Lamar clowning by wearing his shades on the sideline during a blowout in his team's favor, then refusing to shake hands and running straight to the locker room when he gets blown out are the actions of a punk *****.  
Reply/Quote
It wasn't a duck but it also wasn't all that accurate - DeSean Jackson had to adjust to get it. An accurate throw there would have been a TD as yes those Jax defenders screwed up and let Jackson behind them then he outran them.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 04:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: It wasn't a duck but it also wasn't all that accurate - DeSean Jackson had to adjust to get it. An accurate throw there would have been a TD as yes those Jax defenders screwed up and let Jackson behind them then he outran them.

Where does he adjust, turned up field slightly?  If Burrow makes this throw we are all gushing.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 04:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Where does he adjust, turned up field slightly?  If Burrow makes this throw we are all gushing.

He adjusts towards the side and jumps up for the ball. And he was wide open too. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 04:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, that's it in a nutshell.

Yup! It's called touch and also the ability to fit the ball into a tight space. Lamar has a cannon but not so much on touch and fitting the ball in tiny spaces. Burrow not so much a cannon but elite touch and precise ball placement. 

Really Jackson needs someone like Andy Reid who will force him to learn how to process better and become at least an effective pocket passer - just like Reid did before for Donovan McNabb and Dennis Green did with Randall Cunningham.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 04:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Where does he adjust, turned up field slightly?  If Burrow makes this throw we are all gushing.

yessir. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: if we're going to didlike a QB for being cocky, we really hate JB. I personally dig it.

joe gets away with lots of stuff african american qbs get roasted for. newton an jackson both come to mind
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 05:52 PM)Leon Wrote: joe gets away with lots of stuff african american qbs get roasted for. newton an jackson both come to mind

Joe doesn't do it on the field or act out on the field. BIG difference. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: Joe doesn't do it on the field or act out on the field. BIG difference. 

joe wears crazy outfits. everyone loves it.
newton wore crazy outfits he got condemed for it.

joe brags about his jewlry folks love it. 
wilson did it he got mocked.

joe shows cockiness and hes a leader
jackson shows cockiness an hes a punk

i agree friend. theres a big difference
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:17 PM)Leon Wrote: joe wears crazy outfits. everyone loves it.
newton wore crazy outfits he got condemed for it.

joe brags about his jewlry folks love it. 
wilson did it he got mocked.

joe shows cockiness and hes a leader
jackson shows cockiness an hes a punk

i agree friend. theres a big difference

It almost sounds like you're trying to make this into a racial issue. Do we really want to go there?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 11:40 AM)Housh Wrote: This is what a contract year where every loss will be under a microscope looks like. At this point it’s a good chance they could win division or just as easy miss playoffs so i understand the anger he has.

Can’t go off on random fans tho. That just makes you look feminine and lame.
To his credit he’s only had a few hiccups his whole career

Feminine? Seriously? It made him look immature, a jerk, an idiot, a jacka**, a fool, a loser, and many other uncomplimentary adjectives. Feminine is not one of them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 11:24 PM)BengalRed Wrote: It almost sounds like you're trying to make this into a racial issue. Do we really want to go there?

Been doing it the whole thread. Doesn’t even consider any hypocrisy could be my team vs theirs. Nope. SJWs don’t work that way. No points for calling that out. Many of us defended Burfict, PAC and CH, but that doesn’t fit the narrative .
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: Joe doesn't do it on the field or act out on the field. BIG difference. 
This Joe did... Rolleyes
[Image: joe-namath-fur-coat-sidelines.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote