Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landry Jones > Dalton
I thought Jeff Reed did OK yesterday, but I don't think it matters who is the QB if the Bengals don't figure out how to stop the run. Bell and Williams might run for 400 yds.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 12:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If he's not 100%, they'd be stupid to play him.  I get that it's a divisional game, but if he can't move within the pocket effectively against the Bengals defensive line, you run the risk of aggravating the injury and having a setback.  Then what do you do?  

IF Big Ben sat next week, they still have four divisional games left to play.  Still plenty of time to make a run at the division.  Again, IF he is not 100%, why risk it?

Having said that, I expect him to play whether he's 100% or not.  It's going to take a doctor emphatically telling him "no" in order to keep him off the field next Sunday.  But then again, we all know how Big Ben responds to the word "no."

The Steelers have to play Ben, despite a bad plant leg and the fact they're missing their C and LT.  A loss puts them 3-1/2 games back, eliminates a chance at a head to head tiebreaker, and puts them 2 games back on the division record tiebreaker.  They would have to win out and hope the Bengals go 4-5 in their last 9 to win the division.  A loss puts them at 4-4, and they would need to go 6-2 down the stretch to even have a good chance at a Wild Card, and they would have at least 4 conference losses.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 09:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Steelers have to play Ben, despite a bad plant leg and the fact they're missing their C and LT.  A loss puts them 3-1/2 games back, eliminates a chance at a head to head tiebreaker, and puts them 2 games back on the division record tiebreaker.  They would have to win out and hope the Bengals go 4-5 in their last 9 to win the division.  A loss puts them at 4-4, and they would need to go 6-2 down the stretch to even have a good chance at a Wild Card, and they would have at least 4 conference losses.

left leg is injured so not plant leg.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 10:01 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: left leg is injured so not plant leg.

My bad, although I predict he will favor his plant leg at once on Sunday after throwing a pick or missing a 3rd down throw.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:45 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Why?

I just think it's risky against our D-line.
Ben is tough, but I've had the same injury and it takes nearly a year to be 100%.
I honestly hope he doesn't get hurt, but I don't know that I'd risk it.
I do know what they're thinking though, win against us and have a good shot at taking the division later.
However, I'd go the safe route, like Big Boss described.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:17 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I just think it's risky against our D-line.
Ben is tough, but I've had the same injury and it takes nearly a year to be 100%.
I honestly hope he doesn't get hurt, but I don't know that I'd risk it.
I do know what they're thinking though, win against us and have a good shot at taking the division later.
However, I'd go the safe route, like Big Boss described.

what injury do you think he has that should take nearly a year to heal?

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 07:45 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: what injury do you think he has that should take nearly a year to heal?

I hope it's not a microfracture.  Apparently those can take up to a decade to heal, but you don't want to rush them back because then they won't be of any use to you in a decade.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 07:45 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: what injury do you think he has that should take nearly a year to heal?

Strained MCL.
The severity, of course, is unknown and I cannot truly compare it to mine.
I guess there is the possibility that the hospital I went to may have missed something and that is why my injury took nearly a year to heal.
Regardless.... I'm not just trying to chest-thump about our D-line, but I don't know that I'd want Ben going against that group on his first game back.
Here's hoping we whip him, without injury !
Cheers
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:44 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Strained MCL.
The severity, of course, is unknown and I cannot truly compare it to mine.
I guess there is the possibility that the hospital I went to may have missed something and that is why my injury took nearly a year to heal.
Regardless.... I'm not just trying to chest-thump about our D-line, but I don't know that I'd want Ben going against that group on his first game back.
Here's hoping we whip him, without injury !
Cheers

Our O Line has been holding up pretty well.  You should be worried more about Bell.  Ben is there to add the additional structure that was missing with both Ron Mexico and Laundry Jones.  

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 12:05 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Our O Line has been holding up pretty well.  You should be worried more about Bell.  Ben is there to add the additional structure that was missing with both Ron Mexico and Laundry Jones.  

I am worried about Bell... Worried about his lack of production on my fantasy.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 12:05 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Our O Line has been holding up pretty well.  You should be worried more about Bell.  Ben is there to add the additional structure that was missing with both Ron Mexico and Laundry Jones.  

Who said I wasn't ?
Heck, I'm even worried that Heath Miller could have a revival.
Confused
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 02:03 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Who said I wasn't ?
Heck, I'm even worried that Heath Miller could have a revival.
Confused

Not having Ben is why Heath has dipped off.  

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 02:32 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Not having Ben is why Heath has dipped off.  

that and being 33 and crappy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: that and being 33 and crappy.

Please stick to Landry Jones...We've seen how difficult it is for you to follow multiple conversations.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 03:39 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Please stick to Landry Jones...We've seen how difficult it is for you to follow multiple conversations.

Because he posts from multiple alts?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:13 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I am worried about Bell... Worried about his lack of production on my fantasy.

I hate to say it but he could be the FF high-scorer this week. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 12:05 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You should be worried more about Bell.   

I would be if I thought the Steelers would actually use him.

Against the Chiefs, Bell had a monstrous day, yet his number was only called 17 times. I guess having an inexperienced 3rd string QB throw the ball 50% more than running one of the top backs in the league was more conducive to winning?  :snark:
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 07:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I would be if I thought the Steelers would actually use him.

Against the Chiefs, Bell had a monstrous day, yet his number was only called 17 times. I guess having an inexperienced 3rd string QB throw the ball 50% more than running one of the top backs in the league was more conducive to winning?  :snark:

Haley being cute and Tomlin not being aware.  Nothing new.

Luckily they have an all pro RB and QB (when Ben comes back) to cover for a lot of those errors.
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote

You should be worried about Tyler Eifert
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 12:45 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: You should be worried about Tyler Eifert

Most definitely.

Reply/Quote