Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Lapham called out Ross
Two questions:
1. Does marvin cut his playing time regardless of MB may or may not want? I'm not so sure as he stopped answering questions from the press regarding Ross.

2. Does AJ green play through an injury he shouldn't just to keep the bengals on top? This wouldn't surprise me as this team may have a real shot to go all the way. Ross cant be the #2 either. That's evident.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 07:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t bench him yet, but he should be on double secret probation.

Even though it's not the popular opinion today, I agree. He's not going to get it, if he's sulking on the bench. I'm sure an ass chewing happened though.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 07:24 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Two questions:
1.  Does marvin cut his playing time regardless of MB may or may not want?  I'm not so sure as he stopped answering questions from the press regarding Ross.

2.  Does AJ green play through an injury he shouldn't just to keep the bengals on top?  This wouldn't surprise me as this team may have a real shot to go all the way.  Ross cant be the #2 either.  That's evident.

1. I would like to think so. I know he needs reps and time to grow but is now that time?

2. A.J. was pretty flippant about his injury. A groin injury can be brutal. I say shut him down for next week. Boyd has #1 potential and I would activate Tate. Also, USE THE TIGHT ENDS! It worked for Kenny.
Reply/Quote
Frankly I don't care about Ross' confidence. At least I don't care enough to tank the season just to build him up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Calling out Ross isn't going to work IMO. Just look at last year, Marv called him out early on a very similar play and he responded POORLY.

Just gotta sit there with your fingers crossed that the kid can get past his jitters and put some production together by the end of the year.

or... put Sanzenbacher in, cuz he makes plays
Reply/Quote
Lol, are we seriously going to just ignore how much John Ross has opened up the field for us just by his speed? Safeties are terrified of getting burnt by this dude right now.

But fine guys, go ahead and take him out. I'd love to see if Tyler Boyd is as open as he's been without Ross on the field.

Amazes me that we think taking Ross out as a punishment will somehow help this team. Dude has speed and explosion that our other receivers can't match.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:26 PM)thillan Wrote: Lol, are we seriously going to just ignore how much John Ross has opened up the field for us just by his speed? Safeties are terrified of getting burnt by this dude right now.

But fine guys, go ahead and take him out. I'd love to see if Tyler Boyd is as open as he's been without Ross on the field.

Amazes me that we think taking Ross out as a punishment will somehow help this team. Dude has speed and explosion that our other receivers can't match.

Agree that benching him solves nothing. But get the kid a sports psychologist at least!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 07:30 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: 1. I would like to think so. I know he needs reps and time to grow but is now that time?

2. A.J. was pretty flippant about his injury. A groin injury can be brutal. I say shut him down for next week. Boyd has #1 potential and I would activate Tate. Also, USE THE TIGHT ENDS! It worked for Kenny.

Agreed on number 2. A groin injury isnt something you can play through and be effective. He will need sit at least a couple weeks to get back to 100% if it's anything like a normal groin injury. 
Reply/Quote
No way we survive without both AJ and Mixon. Especially against a good offense like the Falcons. I will expect to be 2-2 if AJ doesn’t play. Ugh.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:26 PM)thillan Wrote: Lol, are we seriously going to just ignore how much John Ross has opened up the field for us just by his speed? Safeties are terrified of getting burnt by this dude right now.

Lol. No one is terrified about Ross. Is this a joke? I’m sure defense say watch the guy that ran a 4.22 in the 40 combine but can’t catch a cold. Let’s change our defense because Ross who’s good for a drop n fumble a game is on the field. I feel like the same people that stick up for Ogbuehi because of his “elite “ and he’s still a rookie are the same that stick up for Ross.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol.  No one is terrified about Ross.  Is this a joke?    I’m sure defense say watch the guy that ran a 4.22 in the 40 combine but can’t catch a cold.  Let’s change our defense because Ross who’s good for a drop n fumble a game is on the field.  I feel like the same people that stick up for Ogbuehi because of his “elite “ and he’s still a rookie are the same that stick up for Ross.

Lol, I haven't seen anyone stick up for Ogbuehi.

Ok, so since no one is terrified of Ross, let's take him out. I guess we all forgot about last year how all we did is complain about AJ having a bad year because he was always double teamed because we had nobody that scared defenses deep. Yeah, John Ross totally doesn't do that. 

He's had some drops, yes. But I think that issue can be fixed. The problem was effort. 

Oh, and Ross isn't the one with fumble problems by the way. That's a guy named AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol.  No one is terrified about Ross.  Is this a joke?    I’m sure defense say watch the guy that ran a 4.22 in the 40 combine but can’t catch a cold.  Let’s change our defense because Ross who’s good for a drop n fumble a game is on the field.  I feel like the same people that stick up for Ogbuehi because of his “elite “ and he’s still a rookie are the same that stick up for Ross.
I agree with the first part.

Not too sure about the Ogbuehi comment.

Who the hell is sticking up for that guy?!?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I agree with the first part.

Not too sure about the Ogbuehi comment.

Who the hell is sticking up for that guy?!?

They used to stick up for him. Every time I mentioned how bad he was I was attacked like a republican in the middle of San Francisco. That crowd has finally acknowledged Ogbuehi 4 years later.
Reply/Quote
In my opinion. His ceiling is Desean Jackson. his floor is Ted Ginn. you have to extremely patient with the floor while hoping for the ceiling
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:40 PM)thillan Wrote: Lol, I haven't seen anyone stick up for Ogbuehi.

Ok, so since no one is terrified of Ross, let's take him out. I guess we all forgot about last year how all we did is complain about AJ having a bad year because he was always double teamed because we had nobody that scared defenses deep. Yeah, John Ross totally doesn't do that. 

He's had some drops, yes. But I think that issue can be fixed. The problem was effort. 

Oh, and Ross isn't the one with fumble problems by the way. That's a guy named AJ Green.

You have to be able to actually catch the ball to fumble...

Reply/Quote
I guess we're gonna find out real soon how Ross is if AJ doesn't play.

He has done nothing to show he's a legit constant "threat" to this point.

That doesn't mean he's a bust or lost cause.

It does open the door for others to compete for play time though in my opinion.

Boyd has done well with and without Ross on the field.

I'm not really sure that's something to dismiss Boyd's production with.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:44 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: They used to stick up for him.  Every time I mentioned how bad he was I was attacked like a republican in the middle of San Francisco.  That crowd has finally acknowledged Ogbuehi 4 years later.

Well it must have been a pretty small crowd.

That guy had and still has "bust" written all over him.

Most fans/posters wanted Mr. Piano Man to take his beloved pet rock with him.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You have to be able to actually catch the ball to fumble...

[Image: th?id=OIP.3sXoLaWgX4XYZ4Kv2HFH2gHaEK&pid...=269&h=152]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Calling out Ross isn't going to work IMO. Just look at last year, Marv called him out early on a very similar play and he responded POORLY.

Just gotta sit there with your fingers crossed that the kid can get past his jitters and put some production together by the end of the year.

or... put Sanzenbacher in, cuz he makes plays

I don't want Ross called out....I want him released. He has proven he can't play the Wide Receiver position properly, and is in fact so technically poor at it that it nullifies his speed. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: I don't want Ross called out....I want him released. He has proven he can't play the Wide Receiver position properly, and is in fact so technically poor at it that it nullifies his speed. 

No team in the league is going to cut a top 10 pick in his second year.

Reply/Quote