Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's prediction is IN
(04-26-2022, 10:20 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: It’s very difficult to predict what will happen in the draft.There’s always a few unexpected moves.Will the Bengals go BPA? If so,don’t be surprised if they take a WR at 31.

Surprised would an understatement. I’d be absolutely flabbergasted if they take a WR in the 1st.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 12:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Surprised would an understatement. I’d be absolutely flabbergasted if they take a WR in the 1st.

If Treylon Burks is there I wouldn't put it past them.
Reply/Quote
FYI the 5th year option isn’t as valuable as it used to be post most recent CBA outside of QB and pass rusher. If your player is truly a standout their option won’t be all that far off the franchise tag depending on position. Additionally, with the way contracts have been going guys that are worth the 5th year option rarely ever play on said option so at the end of the day it’s not a huge deal to trade back assuming you get proper value.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 12:17 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: As I mentioned to Hammer in another thread. Its 3T > S > iOL > CB for me. This draft has a good set of capable zone CBs in 2/3/4 while rarer to find that 3T. S only if Dax is available and iOL to complete the rebuild. I could get behind CB then Cam Jurgens though.

It's hard to realize for most, but this may very well be the way the Bengals look at 31. Just depends on who is there, but Wyatt is very much in play. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:18 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: It's hard to realize for most, but this may very well be the way the Bengals look at 31. Just depends on who is there, but Wyatt is very much in play

With that character concern, I very much hope not. 

Even if it may be considered a slight reach, I'd much rather go Logan Hall or Perrion Winfrey. Its not like neither of those two are talented, just projected later.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 09:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Staying put is the right move.  The 5th year option is way too valuable.

Depends on the value on the board and how much someone is willing to pay for the slot.
Reply/Quote
So the guy that Dave said the Bengals would rush to the podium for (IF HE IS THERE AT 31) is George Karlaftis.

For Dave Lapham's official prediction IN ORDER:

Trade Down (said it's a real possibility at 31)

Booth

Elam (if Booth is gone)

If Booth and Elam are gone, he said he would shy away from the corner position. Gordon would be in play if they traded down.

For those who are curious, here is Dan Hoard's prediction IN ORDER:

Booth

Elam

Linderbaum

Gordon

It's a good listen for those who want to know where to hear it, Bengals Booth Podcast: Land of Confusion. I listen on Spotify, but I believe it's free to listen anywhere podcasts are normally available. Runs for 1hr & 5mins.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:25 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: With that character concern, I very much hope not. 

Even if it may be considered a slight reach, I'd much rather go Logan Hall or Perrion Winfrey. Its not like neither of those two are talented, just projected later.

He's not my first choice, and I believe age is more of the concern with the Bengals than his character concerns which took place years ago. 

He is undeniably the best 3T, and is not likely to be there at 31. We do have a strong locker room with strong character guys. If he is the pick at 31, I have to trust the Bengals feel confident that Wyatt is a changed man.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:40 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: So the guy that Dave said the Bengals would rush to the podium for (IF HE IS THERE AT 31) is George Karlaftis.

Booth

Elam (if Booth is gone)

If Booth and Elam are gone, he said he would shy away from the corner position. Gordon would be in play if they traded down.

Booth

Elam

Linderbaum

Gordon

It's a good listen for those who want to know where to hear it, Bengals Booth Podcast: Land of Confusion. I listen on Spotify, but I believe it's free to listen anywhere podcasts are normally available. Runs for 1hr & 5mins.

Ben Baby also said the same (well didn't outright say it with his words but choice) that Booth is above Elam and I hope not. Picked Booth while Elam was on the board.
Reply/Quote
With the team picking at 31, it truly becomes anyone’s guess who gets taken. There is always 1 or 2 teams that pick someone not projected as a 1st round pick and several “consensus” 1st rounders that somehow fall. We got Tee Higgins at 33 in 2020. This year is an anomaly because there really is no consensus across the mocks. And because so many teams have multiple 1st round picks and others having none. No one knows how the QBs will fall. If there is a run on them then that will totally shake up who is available to us at 31. Trades also will change the game as well…teams moving up, teams moving down.

When the day before the draft Dave and Dan, the ultimate Bengals insiders, can’t really narrow it down then you know it is as wide open a draft as the team has gone into for a very long time.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:49 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Ben Baby also said the same (well didn't outright say it with his words but choice) that Booth is above Elam and I hope not. Picked Booth while Elam was on the board.

Man I'm so torn. History isn't in favor of players that don't test (Booth did not), but I love his film. I can't say I would be upset with Booth, but very concerned. The reason Booth didn't test was due to his injury he had/has. Elam seems like a Bengal type of CB. Elam is a little too handsy and that bugs me. His film isn't as impressive to me as Booth's. If Elam is the pick, the good news is he really does have the traits we look for and being too handsy can be something he works on.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:51 AM)pally Wrote: With the team picking at 31, it truly becomes anyone’s guess who gets taken.  There is always 1 or 2 teams that pick someone not projected as a 1st round pick and several “consensus” 1st rounders that somehow fall.  We got Tee Higgins at 33 in 2020.  This year is an anomaly because there really is no consensus across the mocks. And because so many teams have multiple 1st round picks and others having none.  No one knows how the QBs will fall.  If there is a run on them then that will totally shake up who is available to us at 31.  Trades also will change the game as well…teams moving up, teams moving down.

When the day before the draft Dave and Dan, the ultimate Bengals insiders, can’t really narrow it down then you know it is as wide open a draft as the team has gone into for a very long time.

No doubt. This year is the most difficult of years to try and predict. I feel a trade down could be very much in play regardless of who is there. I don't see a crazy run on QB which plays in our trade down scenario. Teams may want to leapfrog Detroit at 32 to take their guy. 

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:55 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: Man I'm so torn. History isn't in favor of players that don't test (Booth did not), but I love his film. I can't say I would be upset with Booth, but very concerned. The reason Booth didn't test was due to his injury he had/has. Elam seems like a Bengal type of CB. Elam is a little too handsy and that bugs me. His film isn't as impressive to me as Booth's. If Elam is the pick, the good news is he really does have the traits we look for and being too handsy can be something he works on.

This is my ultimate concern with Booth and why I'd want Elam over him. The depth of this CB class also shouldn't be understated. Very solid class where starters can be found in rounds 3/4 which would make me hope we don't force one at 31. 

3T has like 4-5 players total which is why if push came to shove, I'd pick one of those at a slight reach over a CB of value (Hall/Winfrey > Booth/Elam to me) at 31.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 09:13 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: This is my ultimate concern with Booth and why I'd want Elam over him. The depth of this CB class also shouldn't be understated. Very solid class where starters can be found in rounds 3/4 which would make me hope we don't force one at 31. 

3T has like 4-5 players total which is why if push came to shove, I'd pick one of those at a slight reach over a CB of value (Hall/Winfrey > Booth/Elam to me) at 31.

I agree 100%. If we can manage to trade down a few picks and get another 4th, then take Winfrey/Hall, that would be awesome. 

Reply/Quote
Does anyone know or remember the #1 pick for the new franchise Bengals? Bob Johnson (center). Paul Brown loved building from the middle out. That's why center is so important. So, Linderbaum is my pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:49 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Ben Baby also said the same (well didn't outright say it with his words but choice) that Booth is above Elam and I hope not. Picked Booth while Elam was on the board.

My buddy who works in the NFL said he has heard Elam called Eli Apple 2.0, take that for what it's worth haha.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 09:32 AM)Au165 Wrote: My buddy who works in the NFL said he has heard Elam called Eli Apple 2.0, take that for what it's worth haha.

At least so far he has the one ability that Booth doesn't. Avail-ability.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:01 PM)iBilbo Saggins Wrote: I'm not high on Karlaftis or Booth. 

With Karlaftis you have a supposed power end player who's going to be trying to use 16th percentile arm length to stab tackles and control reps. I don't see how his game translates to massive success in the pros. 

With Booth you have a history of tendinitis and a mysterious core muscle surgery at an inopportune time. They'd also be asking a guy who's sort of clunky in zone coverage to fit into a cover 3/cover 1 defense.
https://www.cover1.net/2022-nfl-draft-injury-impact-andrew-booth-jr/
I'd be wary of investing that much draft capital in him over Elam or one of the Washington boys. 

A trade down could be great. Maybe a top IDL or IOL player falls to them. 

I like him but but is Karlaftis a strict pass rushing DE or can he also move inside and play the 3 technique? He's young for experience as a player as he just started playing rather late in HS and his best days are ahead of him but already having Joseph Ossai is like getting a free draft pick and, imo, there's lots of upside there.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:40 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: So the guy that Dave said the Bengals would rush to the podium for (IF HE IS THERE AT 31) is George Karlaftis.

Booth

Elam (if Booth is gone)

Booth

Elam

Linderbaum

Gordon

If Linderbaum is there you don't pass on him. That's just not a guy you pass on. His testing/film has been that of a generational talent. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 09:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If Linderbaum is there you don't pass on him. That's just not a guy you pass on. His testing/film has been that of a generational talent. 

That's my guy too. Gonna be a sour night if we simply pass on him like he's not a generational talent. 

Reply/Quote