Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's prediction is IN
(04-27-2022, 10:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, it will tell a lot if Linderbaum is there as I keep saying. If we draft him, there is a problem with Carman's back.

If we don't it says the medical staff thinks Carman's back will recover, the coaches think Karras is the answer at Center and that
Linderbaum doesn't fit our new scheme with our new big, power we brought in in Free Agency.

I think we trade back into the 2nd and grab a dude like Logan Hall Center Houston best pass rushing DT in the Draft arguably.

Then Draft Zyon McCollum and Daniel Bellinger who are very talented and versatile at positions of need. Just my thoughts this 
close to Draft day after you Pulses and others really giving out useful information. Thanks.

There would have to be a LOT of guys in similar "tier" for them to do this, but I believe by position group, you are correct.  A penetrating 3T is a huge position of need and it is a fairly thin talent pool.  If there are a number of guys they see as similar value (Say, Linderbaum, Wyatt, Booth, Gordon, and Hall, I could absolutely see a trade back of 5 spots.  

The one player that Lapham mentioned that he doesn't feel they would trade back is if Karlaftis is there at 31.  He feels he checks every character, athletic profile, and position versatility box that the Bengals desire.   I am in complete agreement.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 10:02 PM)EatonFan Wrote:  If we ended up with 3 or 4 third round picks wouldn't those be quality depth?  

We would have to move back 17 spots just to get one extra pick in the middle of the third round.

I would not mind moving back 17 spots from pick 100 to 117.  There probably would not be that big of a difference, but I see a very big difference between pick #31 and #48.
Reply/Quote
No to Wyatt or Booth , let's go Arnold Ebiketie
Reply/Quote
Hope Linderbaum falls to 31, what a big piece of the future Oline we can fill tonight
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 03:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This was really the downfall of the Marvin Era.
Dennard (meh at best)
Ogbuehi (bust)
WJ3 (solid)
Ross (bust)
Price (bust)

They didn't really need any of those guys to be starters immediately other than Price, but as the roster started to turn over and got older, they really needed at least a few of these guys to turn into quality starters.

I guess the positive thing though is that if it wasn't for the team declining 2016-2018, Marvin might still be the HC and Bengals wouldn't have gotten Burrow and Chase.

It is interesting. Dennard "fell" to us and we were ecstatic, but the chemistry was never there. WJ3 had a bit of extra value because the Steelers needed a CB and we ate their lunch. 

Ross was...wow was he a bad pick. I remember hearing Lapham tell us the pick and we all hoped he was wrong for once. John Ross was a reach and it probably did the player no favors to have that sort of pressure. 

Cedric Ogbuehi is playing for the Texans these days on a league minimum contract. I am sort of surprised he never turned it around. 

Speaking of 1st round picks from our past, Dre Kirkpatrick is an unsigned FA right now. His last contract was a 1 year $1 million deal. I mention it because if we don't get the corners we need in the draft he might be a nice depth piece, though I'm sure he is nowhere as fast as he once was. 

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 02:12 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: It is interesting. Dennard "fell" to us and we were ecstatic, but the chemistry was never there. WJ3 had a bit of extra value because the Steelers needed a CB and we ate their lunch. 

Ross was...wow was he a bad pick. I remember hearing Lapham tell us the pick and we all hoped he was wrong for once. John Ross was a reach and it probably did the player no favors to have that sort of pressure. 

Cedric Ogbuehi is playing for the Texans these days on a league minimum contract. I am sort of surprised he never turned it around. 

Speaking of 1st round picks from our past, Dre Kirkpatrick is an unsigned FA right now. His last contract was a 1 year $1 million deal. I mention it because if we don't get the corners we need in the draft he might be a nice depth piece, though I'm sure he is nowhere as fast as he once was. 

I actually really liked John Ross. I thought he could be a great player if used properly and could keep his injuries at bay.
Ultimately, I think he was used too much on the outside and deep. His strength was YAC. Get him the ball on short routes and he'll use his speed and agility to make people miss.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 02:12 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: It is interesting. Dennard "fell" to us and we were ecstatic, but the chemistry was never there.

Actually Dennard was a pretty good player.  He was just always nicked up.  He only played a full 16 game season one time in six years with the Bengals.  That was 2017 when he had 89 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 ints, 6 passes defended, and scored a td.  Not much for a first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 02:12 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Speaking of 1st round picks from our past, Dre Kirkpatrick is an unsigned FA right now. His last contract was a 1 year $1 million deal. I mention it because if we don't get the corners we need in the draft he might be a nice depth piece, though I'm sure he is nowhere as fast as he once was. 

Dre was a good CB for a while, but his last couple of years here he looked bad and was injured all the time.

He played 750 snaps for the Cards in '20, but only 95 for the Niners last year.

He turns 33 in October and CBs don't age well.  I'm guessing he is about finished in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 01:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hope Linderbaum falls to 31, what a big piece of the future Oline we can fill tonight

I read about him and I think of him being another Billy Price.
In past drafts the Bengals had the luxury of drafting early where they could reasonably emphasize need, ie lots of equally talented players at their draft position. Got to change the mindset at 31. Draft has to be best player on the board, regardless of position, obviously excepting QB.

One guy I’m wondering about is the punter Araiza out of San Diego State University, the best party school in America. Would the Bengals consider him at 95 or 127?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 01:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hope Linderbaum falls to 31, what a big piece of the future Oline we can fill tonight

with us signing 3 Higher Tier FA on the OL i dont see us spending our first pick there... Especially after going offensive the last 3 drafts. time to give the Defense some picks 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 02:58 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I read about him and I think of him being another Billy Price.
In past drafts the Bengals had the luxury of drafting early where they could reasonably emphasize need, ie lots of equally talented players at their draft position. Got to change the mindset at 31. Draft has to be best player on the board, regardless of position, obviously excepting QB.

One guy I’m wondering about is the punter Araiza out of San Diego State University, the best party school in America. Would the Bengals consider him at 95 or 127?

Billy Price wasn’t even the number 1 center in his years draft class
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 02:58 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I read about him and I think of him being another Billy Price.
In past drafts the Bengals had the luxury of drafting early where they could reasonably emphasize need, ie lots of equally talented players at their draft position.  Got to change the mindset at 31. Draft has to be best player on the board, regardless of position, obviously excepting QB.

He is way more athletic than Price and has much better tape. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One key thing I think Lapham has done differently than previous years is he is saying who he'd pick, not necessarily who he thinks the Bengals will pick.

Regardless, he's leaning CB. Elam's the more realistic pick to be there at 31 being there over Booth.

I think Elam is a very fitting CB for the Bengals. He likes to play physical (perhaps too physical), and he has good size and speed.
Watch turn on the tape from Ace Boogie.. Dude shys away from contact. I want no part of Elam...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 03:13 PM)Tony Wrote: Watch turn on the tape from Ace Boogie.. Dude shys away from contact. I want no part of Elam...

I hate when people say "watch the tape" or "turn on the tape."
In reality, the "tape" is really just select snaps/games. There's no way you're watching every single snap of every single game.

But from the snaps I watched, I saw Elam playing physical. I saw him actually try to hit guys like a safety at times. Could there be instances where he might have shied away? Sure. But there are also instances where he went for the tackle/hit and played physical.

There's definitely some physicality in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBpXL5fBtXo
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 01:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hope Linderbaum falls to 31, what a big piece of the future Oline we can fill tonight

I read about him and I think of him being another Billy Price.

One guy I’m wondering about is the punter Ariaiza out of San Diego State University, the best party school in America. Would the Bengals consider him at 95 or 127?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 04:15 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I read about him and I think of him being another Billy Price.
In past drafts the Bengals had the luxury of drafting early where they could reasonably emphasize need, ie lots of equally talented players at their draft position.  Got to change the mindset at 31. Draft has to be best player on the board, regardless of position, obviously excepting QB.

One guy I’m wondering about is the punter Ariaiza out of San Diego State University, the best party school in America. Would the Bengals consider him at 95 or 127?

if considering him or targeting him at all... dropping back for an extra pick in that range might do the trick
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 03:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: with us signing 3 Higher Tier FA on the OL i dont see us spending our first pick there... Especially after going offensive the last 3 drafts. time to give the Defense some pic
We have William's on bubble,  lack depth and still need a center,  totally realistic to take him .
Reply/Quote
Are moderators able to change that title that are clickbait BS like this one? They are annoying and way too common.
Nobody wants to read your stupid blogs or click on your referral links.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 03:13 PM)Tony Wrote: Watch turn on the tape from Ace Boogie.. Dude shys away from contact. I want no part of Elam...

Ace’s breakdowns are terrible (and I like Ace). He thought Chase had bad tape coming out. LOL

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 02:58 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: One guy I’m wondering about is the punter Araiza out of San Diego State University, the best party school in America. Would the Bengals consider him at 95 or 127?

That wound be way too early.

Reply/Quote