Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's prediction is IN
(04-27-2022, 10:10 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: That's my guy too. Gonna be a sour night if we simply pass on him like he's not a generational talent. 

To me, he offers no upside. I'm not gonna act like he's the Burrow or Chase of the C group. He is gonna be good but if we want a nasty athletic player, trade down and grab Jurgens. More athletic, greater length and upside and likely will be there later in 2 than Linderbaum so more value.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 09:35 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: At least so far he has the one ability that Booth doesn't. Avail-ability.

Eli Apple is also available...and we are trying to replace him so again not sure either are as great an option as people like to think. I'd actually rather take Bryant in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 09:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If Linderbaum is there you don't pass on him. That's just not a guy you pass on. His testing/film has been that of a generational talent. 

If he really is a generational talent then he won't be there at #31.  If he is there at #31 then he is not clearly a generational talent.

Not saying I would pass on him at #31.  But if he is still available there is a reason every other team passed on him.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 10:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If he really is a generational talent then he won't be there at #31.  If he is there at #31 then he is not clearly a generational talent.

Not saying I would pass on him at #31.  But if he is still available there is a reason every other team passed on him.

Creed Humphrey fell to the 2nd and he was the best center in football last year. The best Centers usually are drafted from 24 back in general so the idea he'd fall to 31 doesn't preclude him from being very very good. 

That said, I don't want a Center so it is what it is haha.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 10:21 AM)Au165 Wrote: Eli Apple is also available...and we are trying to replace him so again not sure either are as great an option as people like to think. I'd actually rather take Bryant in the 3rd.

True about the replacing but replacing him with someone that can't see the field means we just have no choice but to see Apple. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't if Elam turns into Apple compared to Booth being injured. At least with Elam, if he's Apple, no difference will be noticed with an injury lol
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 10:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If he really is a generational talent then he won't be there at #31.  If he is there at #31 then he is not clearly a generational talent.

Center also isn't as valued as other OL positions in the 1st round. He may not be a generational talent, but he's pretty damn good.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

I think the word generational talent gets thrown around too easily. A generation is 25 years. If we seriously think there won’t be a player as good as him in the next 25 years, then people would be climbing over each other to get him. Fact is, there really isn’t a thing as a serious generational talent.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 09:42 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I was wondering about this as well. I think he not only got the Eifert pick right but I'm pretty sure he had the one the year before as well ( it might've been 2 years before). 

I would be interested in any insight at this point. I'm hoping for OL or a trade back. But I'll probably have to check who we got in the morning with our pick coming so late.

He's gotten quite a few.

I remember in 2019 draft he said if Jonah Williams happened to still be there, he'd be the pick.
I believe he also predicted John Ross.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 11:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He's gotten quite a few.

I remember in 2019 draft he said if Jonah Williams happened to still be there, he'd be the pick.
I believe he also predicted John Ross.

He predicted those and in my opinion, his most impressive pick to date, Kevin Zeitler. A lot of us were screaming David DeCastro (would've been a good pick too), while Lap predicted Zeitler. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

Believe it or not, there have been generational talents picked beyond the 31st pick. Tom Brady comes to mind. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 11:35 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: He predicted those and in my opinion, his most impressive pick to date, Kevin Zeitler. A lot of us were screaming David DeCastro (would've been a good pick too), while Lap predicted Zeitler. 

I think Lap sniffed out Jon Ross as well. That pick came out of nowhere...that was an impressive call by Lap. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 11:13 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think the word generational talent gets thrown around too easily. A generation is 25 years. If we seriously think there won’t be a player as good as him in the next 25 years, then people would be climbing over each other to get him. Fact is, there really isn’t a thing as a serious generational talent.

I can agree with this. "Elite" might be a better word. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 12:17 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: As I mentioned to Hammer in another thread. Its 3T > S > iOL > CB for me. This draft has a good set of capable zone CBs in 2/3/4 while rarer to find that 3T. S only if Dax is available and iOL to complete the rebuild. I could get behind CB then Cam Jurgens though.

Is this the worst 5 year stretch of 1st round picks in NFL History?

Dennard CB
Ogbuehi OT
Jackson CB
Ross WR
Price C
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 11:58 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Is this the worst 5 year stretch of 1st round picks in NFL History?

Darqueze Dennard
DB
Michigan State

Cedric Ogbuehi
T
Texas A&M

William Jackson III
DB
Houston

[/url]

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NFL_Draft]2017

John Ross
WR
Washington

Billy Price
C
Ohio State

No
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 11:58 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Is this the worst 5 year stretch of 1st round picks in NFL History?

Dennard CB
Ogbuehi OT
Jackson CB
Ross WR
Price C

WJ3 and Dennard had value. The others though....yikes. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 12:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: WJ3 and Dennard had value. The others though....yikes. 

All of them are still in the league which that alone disqualifies them from such a distinction.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 11:35 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: He predicted those and in my opinion, his most impressive pick to date, Kevin Zeitler. A lot of us were screaming David DeCastro (would've been a good pick too), while Lap predicted Zeitler. 

Yep, I had predicted DeCastro/Dre, but when they traded, that flipped it to Dre/Zietler, since Pitt took DeCastro. Wouldn't have really gone wrong with either pick tho. Mabye DeCastro would have stayed here, maybe not.
Reply/Quote
The term 'generational' talent gets thrown around too loosely. It literally means once in a generation.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 12:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yep, I had predicted DeCastro/Dre, but when they traded, that flipped it to Dre/Zietler, since Pitt took DeCastro. Wouldn't have really gone wrong with either pick tho. Mabye DeCastro would have stayed here, maybe not.

Kirkpatrick didn't play for like his 1st few years here. Had a good season or two then left...
Reply/Quote
So we've established there are no generational talents in this draft. So one question remains: Are there any unicorns?
Reply/Quote