Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham says team is discussing signing Warford
Reply/Quote
Would need to know offer to better weigh the repercussions before I could make a judgement. Now on a side note, bengals talking to him continues a offseasons of change.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
OG is the biggest hole on this entire team.

Signing Warford would be HUGE.
Reply/Quote
I'd be elated if they signed Warford Joe
Reply/Quote
Hart would be main weakness if this happened. I dont hate Hart like others on here he is at least mediocre
Reply/Quote
I'm wondering why NO let him go?
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 05:07 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I'm wondering why NO let him go?

According to Katherine Terrell, in addition to his salary, the Saints decision to release him was also due to their frustration with his lack of conditioning and declining skills.

He also reportedly had a lot of issues with pulling around the edge and also getting to his spot on screen passes.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 05:07 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I'm wondering why NO let him go?

My understanding was this was simply a cap issue.  But who knows the truth?
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 05:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: According to Katherine Terrell, in addition to his salary, the Saints decision to release him was also due to their frustration with his lack of conditioning and declining skills.

Which would certainly be the holdup on anyone signing him - and should be.

Seems like it would be worth it to send a team rep to see him and assess his current status.   If he's in shape it would be a major coup for the Bengals - especially in the running game.
Reply/Quote
I was sleepwalking through my last hour of work.  I'd have to say that this woke me up a little.  ThumbsUp

Now if we could just get rid of Bobby Hart somehow......
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
In many cases I don't think one can separate a "cap issue" from a "performance issue", because if he was cheaper his performance would match his price tag. But yes indeed, according to many sources including but not only Terrell, his conditioning got away from him. Saints fans will tell you he gave up the key sack to knock the Saints out of the playoffs (I believe it was to Everson Griffen on a stunt, so understandable).

I see his lack of a market as due to the fact that any team will want to work him out before signing him, which obviously is difficult now. And we should definitely do that before signing him. I'd love to have him, but only IF he's still dedicated to the game.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 05:32 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I was sleepwalking through my last hour of work.  I'd have to say that this woke me up a little.  ThumbsUp

Now if we could just get rid of Bobby Hart somehow......

Fred Johnson just might be taking Bobby Harts place,least I hope so.I’m sure Johnson will provid plenty of competition for him,to say the least.
Reply/Quote
Please sign Warford.I think this could be a wake-up call for him.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind signing Warford. God knows the Oline could use him.

However, if signed, what would that do to extending Mixon??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I love why some are discussing why we shouldn't sigh Larry Warford.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 05:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: According to Katherine Terrell, in addition to his salary, the Saints decision to release him was also due to their frustration with his lack of conditioning and declining skills.

He also reportedly had a lot of issues with pulling around the edge and also getting to his spot on screen passes.

How does a man with so many issues make the pro bowl from 2017-2019??? Seems legit...

I suppose pro bowl is a popularity contest... but is that even true with Olineman? Especially guards
Reply/Quote
Kline, Person, and Warford all seem like potential upgrades.  It kind of makes me wonder why their original teams didn't try harder to keep them. Keeping Burrow upright should be priority no. 1
Reply/Quote
Cut Redmond first and then sign Warford for a few more dollars than what Redmond is set to make
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 07:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I love why some are discussing why we shouldn't sigh Larry Warford.

Seems like most would like to see him signed, but I also think Lap makes a good point when he says you have to be able to see and evaluate Warford prior to signing him:

'You have to really commit yourself to your profession. And he had problems last year in that regard. Boy, he'd be radioactive until I can at least see him. Is he a hot mess or is he in a modicum of condition that you can work with where he might be able to get back to playing at his prior form.'
Reply/Quote
I would think it obvious that they need Warford to do a physical and workout at a bare minimum.
Reply/Quote