Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry Ogunjobi Signed!
We signed Ogunjobi to a one-year deal, which not only strengthens our roster but it also weakens the Browns!

His market value was apparently three years for 28 million, and I'm guessing we got him for a lot less than that on a one-year deal, so we're coming out ahead big time!

This will also allow us to cut Geno and (hopefully) spend that money on the offensive line!

It's going to be a great year in The Jungle!
Reply/Quote
Lol meh this doesn’t excite me as much as it does u my man.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:21 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lol meh this doesn’t excite me as much as it does u my man.

Maybe this will change your mind

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372375431568056320

Ogunjobi, 27, flashed some upside with the Browns but will have to play well in 2021 to earn a long-term extension. For an interior defensive lineman, Ogunjobi has some twitch to his pass rush (14.5 career sacks) and should see one-on-one matchups with DT D.J. Reader demanding attention next door. The Bengals, who also inked DE Trey Hendrickson to a deal this free agency, are still making a decision on DT Geno Atkins' future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s a solid player don’t get me wrong but I just wanted it to be a solid guard for the interior offensive line cuz our guards are as bad as they get and our qb is already dead. Just tired of not making the oline not the first priority. Good teams do it. We don’t. And we aren’t good.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:25 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Maybe this will change your mind

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372375431568056320

Ogunjobi, 27, flashed some upside with the Browns but will have to play well in 2021 to earn a long-term extension. For an interior defensive lineman, Ogunjobi has some twitch to his pass rush (14.5 career sacks) and should see one-on-one matchups with DT D.J. Reader demanding attention next door. The Bengals, who also inked DE Trey Hendrickson to a deal this free agency, are still making a decision on DT Geno Atkins' future.

This is why people are sort of... meh to the signing. 

When he wants to push and work he can be a force but when he takes plays off it looks bad.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:30 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This is why people are sort of... meh to the signing. 

When he wants to push and work he can be a force but when he takes plays off it looks bad.

One might be able to think, if the Bengals hang on to Atkins, the relationship they have might bring out the best in LO, since they will be on the same sideline every week.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:36 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: One might be able to think, if the Bengals hang on to Atkins, the relationship they have might bring out the best in LO, since they will be on the same sideline every week.

Have to hope for that.

Next step would be to restructure Geno to save a little more money this season and then maybe... sign 2 or 3 guys for the O-line.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bye bye Geno. Another big signing for Anarumo.

Tbh, I think it's a good signing no matter how much people poo poo on every signing we make. I'm angry we're ignoring the o-line, but I'm not going to pretend this isn't another good piece from another playoff team.

Another signing that hurts a division foe, at that. So poo poo away.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:30 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This is why people are sort of... meh to the signing. 

Yes, I saw that one too. Maybe a change does him some good.

Reply/Quote

Maybe he doesn't have good stamina. That would make sense why he takes plays off. Are we sure he's not a smoker?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:43 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Yes, I saw that one too.  Maybe a change does him some good.

If this dude produces those kind of pressure and sack numbers while he's taking plays off, he might be an All-Pro if he tries all the time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bye bye Geno. Another big signing for Anarumo.

Tbh, I think it's a good signing no matter how much people poo poo on every signing we make. I'm angry we're ignoring the o-line, but I'm not going to pretend this isn't another good piece from another playoff team.

Another signing that hurts a division foe, at that. So poo poo away.

This signing should definitely be poo poo’d. Ogunjobi is terrible. Below average DT at best. He has been a major disappointment in Cleveland for the past two years. Definitely didn’t weaken Cleveland. They couldn’t wait to have him off of their roster and replace him. He’s the type of tackle you run right at all day long. Hopefully they didn’t pay him much above league minimum. He is bottom of the roster depth at this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:57 AM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: This signing should definitely be poo poo’d. Ogunjobi is terrible. Below average DT at best. He has been a major disappointment in Cleveland for the past two years. Definitely didn’t weaken Cleveland. They couldn’t wait to have him off of their roster and replace him. He’s the type of tackle you run right at all day long. Hopefully they didn’t pay him much above league minimum. He is bottom of the roster depth at this point.

Okey doke. Anything to back up all this? Besides a PFF grade that's not so great despite his pretty great stats?
Reply/Quote
In 2018 and 2019 the Cleveland Browns over snapped Ogunjobi hitting 70% to 80%. In 2020 he played alot more nose than a penetrating IDL should...

No, Larry Ogunjobi isn't Quinnen Williams, Geno Atkins, or Aaron Donald but he could be a decent add as a pass rushing IDL in a rotation and the Bengals need to add as much pass rushing talent as possible.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think it's in Geno's and the Bengals interests to stay together and restructure his contract.
Reply/Quote
Geno is actually Larry mentor they train a lot in the off-season together. Don't be surprised if this means Geno is staying.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:40 AM)J24 Wrote: Geno is actually Larry mentor they train a lot in the off-season together. Don't be surprised if this means Geno is staying.

How do you got the inside scoop
Reply/Quote
Isn't he the kid out of Charlotte?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 02:32 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: How do you got the inside scoop

Heard it in an interview
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Then this makes the deal that much smarter for us and makes it that much sweeter!

If he's on a one-year deal, he knows he's playing for future contracts this season and means he can't half-ass it and take plays off because he might not get another chance!  He knows he's playing to get paid in the future!  Maybe he thinks of it as his "audition"!

I love this move so much now!  If our front office was thinking that, then hats off to the front office!  

I hope both sides saw it that way but, most of all, I hope he sees it that way so he just comes out and goes balls to the wall every play!

Am I the only one seeing it that way?!
Reply/Quote