Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:15 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Her next tweet says it's only one source, and she has to check it.  I wonder if that source is Furman or another person?

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:07 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: The name Zac Taylor always makes me a little nervous from his year at UC under Tommy Tuberville. The Bearcats were the 123rd scoring offense in the entire nation and his playcalling left a lot to be desired. Hopefully he's developed and grown since then, but I definitely have some trepidation if he's the hire.

I worry a lot about the trend of hiring coaches from teams where the HC is really the OC, and the other offensive coaches get the credit just by being around them.

Taylor was also interim OC with the Dolphins in 2015 for the last 5 games after Lazor was let go.
The offense in those last 5 games averaged 17 points a game.
That's actually lower than what Bill Lazor had in that season, which was 20.45 PPG.
For those last 5 games, the Dolphins had all their key offensive playmakers (Tannehill, Landry, Parker, Stills, Miller, Ajayi).
I'm less confident with Taylor than I would be with Bieniemy, but hopefully Taylor's learned a lot while with the Rams the past two years and would alleviate my doubts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:18 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Her next tweet says it's only one source, and she has to check it.  I wonder if that source is Furman or another person?

Joe Goodberry is also saying Taylor......

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 07:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Someone sell me on Taylor because I put all my hopes on Bieniemy and haven't read much on him (Taylor not Bieniemy). 

Thanks.  ThumbsUp

Why? Bieniemy played here 4 years over twenty years ago and honestly did you even know he was a coach before this year? Personally Taylor is better because he doesn’t have that bengals stink on him

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:19 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Joe Goodberry is also saying Taylor......

Reply/Quote
Hopefully Taylor doesn't still want to work with Lazor

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor was also interim OC with the Dolphins in 2015 for the last 5 games after Lazor was let go.
The offense in those last 5 games averaged 17 points a game.
That's actually lower than what Bill Lazor had in that season, which was 20.45 PPG.
For those last 5 games, the Dolphins had all their key offensive playmakers (Tannehill, Landry, Parker, Stills, Miller, Ajayi).
I'm less confident with Taylor than I would be with Bieniemy, but hopefully Taylor's learned a lot while with the Rams the past two years and would alleviate my doubts.

Wait wtf ur blaming a guy who took over at the end of a season do you even know what a oc does?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:18 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Her next tweet says it's only one source, and she has to check it.  I wonder if that source is Furman or another person?

I don't consider Elise Jesse a Bengals reporter anyway. When I said Bengals reporter, I meant like Paul Dehner Jr, Kat Terrell, Marisa Contipelli, or Fletcher Page.
EDIT - Elise Jesse is a general Cincinnati sports reporter and local anchor, but not specifically dedicated on just the Bengals like the ones I mentioned above.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Press Taylor his brother could tag along and bring Foles

Just brainstorming

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
My favorite pick. I love it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:21 PM)Okeana Wrote: Wait wtf ur blaming a guy who took over at the end of a season do you even know what a oc does?

Yes, I do? An offensive coordinator is responsible for managing a team's offense.
I don't really understand why Zac Taylor would get a pass for his performance with a team midseason but then guys like Freddie Kitchens would get praise for their interim OC work? If Freddie Kitchens gets critiqued (in a good way) for taking over the Browns, shouldn't Taylor get critiqued for taking over the Dolphins?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:15 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Key words "Stay Tuned".

...Andy was drafted to be a WCO Quarterback.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heard he gained a lot of experience under McVay since then but yes, this is the main concern with Taylor especially from you Bearcat fans understandably. I think i like Beinemy a bit more cause of this but what you need at HC is a great communicator and that is what Taylor is according to McVay.

Keeping in mind that he never had near the talent to work with at UC, as he does in the NFL.  No disrespect to the UC program, as they had an outstanding year, this season.  But, historically, UC is much better known for Basketball than Football..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:19 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Joe Goodberry is also saying Taylor......

What does Joe know............ Hilarious  I know he's lurking here!!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keeping in mind that he never had near the talent to work with at UC, as he does in the NFL.  No disrespect to the UC program, as they had an outstanding year, this season.  But, historically, UC is much better known for Basketball than Football..

They were on a pretty good run until Tommy Tupperware ran it into the ground.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I thought we all wanted an outside guy and now they say Taylor and people are panicking again lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:23 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Press Taylor his brother could tag along and bring Foles

Just brainstorming

So I haven't logged in and posted any in the last few years,  but I've been here reading in the shadows the whole time and this has brought me outta the shadows to post.   I've kinda been riding the Foles Bandwagon here lately and really feel they Philly is making a mistake keeping Wentz and letting Foles go,  if we could land this Scenario I would be ecstatic!!
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
The Bengals can't announce who their guy is until he's out of the playoffs but maybe they let it slip under the table.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote