Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach
(01-10-2019, 08:53 PM)3wt Wrote: Of all the outside guys I was the least excited about this guy.  He has no track record of consequence.   He was not the OC in LA.

So he interviews well.  Anyone can talk.

I wanted Monken, Bieniemy or Taylor.  In that order.

We'll see.   Truly hope I'm wrong.   It's not like I know a whole lot.

To be fair Rams don’t have an OC he is their de facto OC who gameplans with mcvay. He and Bienemy both don’t call plays so it’s even there in that aspect.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, odds that all these McVay protégés workout is slim to none. If we bust on this hire I’m okay for a couple reasons. We went outside our comfort zone and we took a shot at a young up and comer from an innovative tree. I think our biggest complaint in many cases is we don’t take chances and if you want them to take chances you have to be okay if they don’t work, but if they do it could change our organizations trajectory.

This right here reps :andy:

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:55 PM)mon4078 Wrote: I only hope that the front office put the new coach in the best position to win and if he doesn't please don't wait 16 years to make a change.

Rapoport is saying he doesn't know he's the coach yet.....wonder how sure this is?

Attached Files Image(s)

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:58 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Rapoport is saying he doesn't know he's the coach yet.....wonder how sure this is?

I'm sure he does now...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:04 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm sure he does now...

After Rams practice--

"Hey Zac, congratulations."

"For what?"

"You're the new HC for the Cincinnati Bengals."

"I am?  Well, damn."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:04 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm sure he does now...

Would you not think that this situation might have already been addressed in the interview?  "Mr. Taylor, if we understand your position with a team in the playoffs, however if we were to extend an offer to you when appropriate, would you be accepting?".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:08 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

So, are we all rooting for the Rams to tank it?  As for me, I think it would be cool to get a HC coming off of a Superbowl Victory!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are we all rooting for the Rams to tank it?  As for me, I think it would be cool to get a HC coming off of a Superbowl Victory!

Me too.  The guy would have up close knowledge of what it takes to win a ring.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
And this is what happens when you can’t announce your choice.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are we all rooting for the Rams to tank it?  As for me, I think it would be cool to get a HC coming off of a Superbowl Victory!

Well me personally,  I've been (hopefully my wife isn't paying attention,  shes a big Dallas fan and I've always messed with her about it,  so she don't know this) but I've been secertly rooting for Dallas,  only cause of Zeke ( I'm also a huge OSU fan) so I'd like to see Zeke tear it up,  Sucks he's at Dallas but it is what it is and I still like the guy.  Anyhow,  If Zac is gonna be our guy then it would be awesome if he comes in here after winning the SB!!  I will surely be watching this weekends game in a different light then before.
Reply/Quote
So one is the coach responsible for Goffs success n the other is the coach responsible for Wentz n Foles success . I like it , make the brother OC coach or QB coach for the Bengals ..,great pick
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I still think if Zac Taylor is the choice, that Shane Waldron will be his OC. I knew there was a good chance Taylor was it because the Brass flew to Los Angeles and if my memory is correct, his name showed up early in the search process.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote