Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach
With Taylor being an experienced QB coach, I wonder if he'll want a new QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:19 PM)Goncrazzy Wrote: Well me personally,  I've been (hopefully my wife isn't paying attention,  shes a big Dallas fan and I've always messed with her about it,  so she don't know this) but I've been secertly rooting for Dallas,  only cause of Zeke ( I'm also a huge OSU fan) so I'd like to see Zeke tear it up,  Sucks he's at Dallas but it is what it is and I still like the guy.  Anyhow,  If Zac is gonna be our guy then it would be awesome if he comes in here after winning the SB!!  I will surely be watching this weekends game in a different light then before.

Well my Bengal Brother, I'm also an OSU fan.  I love me some Zeke, but my hypocrisy stops with "Dallas Cowboys".  The whole "America's Team" thing that was shoved in our faces as kids, still rubs my craw.  So, I'm hoping for the Rams to hang 40+ on the Cowboys, keeping them in pass-first mode all game long.  

But, either way, if the Rams lose we get to see Zac announced sooner, and he can get busy naming his staff.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:22 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

I think if it is Taylor, the New Orleans, Rams, Kansas offenses will be the goal for the Bengals.  The way the rules are now, it favors offenses.  I also think this may change the 2019 draft approach.  

It may also help spurn John Ross's potential.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Most un-Bengals move ever?

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With Taylor being an experienced QB coach, I wonder if he'll want a new QB.

I think his hire would change a lot of moving parts of the Bengal organization, including players.  Trades may happen.  But I think Dalton will stay because there needs some stability and Dalton has some ability.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well my Bengal Brother, I'm also an OSU fan.  I love me some Zeke, but my hypocrisy stops with "Dallas Cowboys".  The whole "America's Team" thing that was shoved in our faces as kids, still rubs my craw.  So, I'm hoping for the Rams to hang 40+ on the Cowboys, keeping them in pass-first mode all game long.  

But, either way, if the Rams lose we get to see Zac announced sooner, and he can get busy naming his staff.

That is one of the things I have ALWAYS had a problem with too,  and still do and trust me I don't root for the team as a team,  I just really root for Zeke more then anything.
Reply/Quote
Random Zac Taylor trivia...

His father in law is Mike Sherman. Plenty of experience to rely on and maybe even bring in for some lesser capacity. Just a thought...
Reply/Quote
I like it! Talk about new school. He's 14 years younger than Bieniemy.
Reply/Quote
Zac isn't going to call the Offense so who cares what he did at UC. Lazor is and he can score with a healthy offense. There was something there the start of last season, and they have a history. If not Lazor, the new OC should call plays. We just need him to bring a new vibe. Manage the team, and get to know the Brown family and City.

He's got 15 years to get ready to call the offense. No need to rush!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:30 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Mike ponied up for a few players for Marvin to win with. I am so sick of this narrative that he never did. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:31 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Random Zac Taylor trivia...

His father in law is Mike Sherman. Plenty of experience to rely on and maybe even bring in for some lesser capacity. Just a thought...

Man the NFL is filled with nepotism for people to even break into that industry. Everyone seems related somehow.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:30 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Plan:
Step 1: Hire Zac Taylor
Step 2: Upgrade OL and front-7 in 2019 draft
Step 3: Upgrade offensive position players and DBs in 2020 draft
Step 4: Tank 2020 season to be able draft Trevor Lawrence #1 overall
Step 5: ?????
Step 6: SUPER BOWL!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
From the readings, McVay stated that Taylor is an excellent communicator to players and that Taylor is genuine and communicates in a manner the lowers the guard of players. Also stated that Taylor is authentic. I know this may not sound like much, but to build trust as a young coach, a person would need those traits.

A lot of good things will come from the hire if it is true. Hopefully they fix the damn offense line!
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:15 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Good read. If its Zac I hope Press is OC. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zac isn't going to call the Offense so who cares what he did at UC. Lazor is and he can score with a healthy offense. There was something there the start of last season, and they have a history. If not Lazor, the new OC should call plays. We just need him to bring a new vibe. Manage the team, and get to know the Brown family and City.

I hope Lazor is let go not a fan of his play calling.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zac isn't going to call the Offense so who cares what he did at UC. Lazor is and he can score with a healthy offense. There was something there the start of last season, and they have a history. If not Lazor, the new OC should call plays. We just need him to bring a new vibe. Manage the team, and get to know the Brown family and City.

UC had the 6th ranked offense under Taylor.  It was the only bright spot.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I still think if Zac Taylor is the choice, that Shane Waldron will be his OC.   I knew there was a good chance Taylor was it because the Brass flew to Los Angeles and if my memory is correct, his name showed up early in the search process.

Its possible but since he is passing game coordinator the rams could block this from happening.  I think his brother press will be the oc.  He is currently qb coach for eagles who came up with the philly special for the super bowl.  I really like what I have read about press he is supposedly a anal football junkie who is very creative coming up with new plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zac isn't going to call the Offense so who cares what he did at UC. Lazor is and he can score with a healthy offense. We just need him to bring a new vibe. Manage the team.

Although UC finished 4-8 that season, The UC offense, coordinated by Taylor, ranked 6th in the country, rolling up nearly 600 yds a game.

Now if people want to talk about when he became interim OC in Miami, that’s a different story. In the 5 games he was interim OC the Miami offense only averaged 17 pts per game.

Reply/Quote