Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach
(01-10-2019, 09:31 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Random Zac Taylor trivia...

His father in law is Mike Sherman. Plenty of experience to rely on and maybe even bring in for some lesser capacity. Just a thought...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:35 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Mike ponied up for a few players for Marvin to win with. I am so sick of this narrative that he never did. 

He ponied up AFTER we lost Whitworth, Zeitler, Jones, Sanu, Nelson, Hall, Andre Smith, and a bunch of other Bengals in free agency.

The Bengals are largely a cheap franchise...although not every move they made is a cheap move. They do take care of guys like Geno, Dunlap, and AJ.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Why do some fans get all worked up?

I was told in these forums we could hire Joe Blow from Kokomo and he will turn the team around so even a smuck will be better than ML

LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zac isn't going to call the Offense so who cares what he did at UC. Lazor is and he can score with a healthy offense. There was something there the start of last season, and they have a history. If not Lazor, the new OC should call plays. We just need him to bring a new vibe. Manage the team, and get to know the Brown family and City.

He's got 15 years to get ready to call the offense. No need to rush!

I truly hope you are wrong about a Lazor. He needs to follow Hue out the door.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why do some fans get all worked up?

I was told in these forums we could hire Joe Blow from Kokomo and he will turn the team around so even a smuck will be better than ML

LOL

Who are you talking about? 

And no, you were never told any such thing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why do some fans get all worked up?

LOL

I bet you are a blast at parties.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Lazor returning as OC should be likely. They've got a history. And I believe the rumors the Brown family are high on him. Makes too much sense.

I don't care either way, but I'd be shocked if they blow this whole thing up. MB is probably already feeling like he needs a cig. And the D is looking like it's about to get another makeover. We should be happy to see what we seeing, but sooner or later the other shoe is going to drop.

My critical eye isn't on the Offense.It's the D that needs to come to play next season. The offense I still have faith in. If they can fix the D this offseason, I'd put up with another year of Lazor. If it don't work then we can finish the build with a new OC and QB.

This a 15 year plan.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:51 PM)McC Wrote: Who are you talking about? 

Yeah that seems made up.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I bet you are a blast at parties.  

No kidding.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 07:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: More than fine with me, Taylor or Beinemy would be fantastic. Just been assuming it was Beinemy with the Bengals history and such but both i think would be great for us, both great communicators and Taylor had a huge part in turning the Rams around according to McVay.

Maybe it is Taylor that has a gentleman's agreement and he has already spoken to the coaches who he wants to retain and we are seeing the moves. Whether it is Taylor or Beinemy they seem to be retaining our good coaches besides Caskey who i think was a good coach but Taylor or E.B. must have their RB coach already picked. Same with the TE coach and LB coach.

Why not both? Hire one as HC and bring in the other as OC? 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:51 PM)McC Wrote: Who are you talking about? 

Do I really need to dumb down watching fans say we have to be better regardless of next HC hired and me just saying it creatively?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:56 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Why not both? Hire one as HC and bring in the other as OC? 

Because Eric B is already OC in KC. He's not going to come here if he's not the HC.

IF Taylor backs out...or it falls through...Bieniemy might not come here if he feels slighted too.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
We've seen the Bengals walk around the combine telling people that Whitworth was re-signing and losing him. Until there is a contract signed, I'm going to be nervous.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:39 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: UC had the 6th ranked offense under Taylor.  It was the only bright spot.  

I believe you are thinking about the year before Taylor was hired. I think the year he was OC they avg around 350 yards and 18 points a game.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do I really need to dumb down watching fans say we have to be better regardless of next HC hired and me just saying it creatively?

Or maybe just not say it at all.  You know, the non-***** way.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He ponied up AFTER we lost Whitworth, Zeitler, Jones, Sanu, Nelson, Hall, Andre Smith, and a bunch of other Bengals in free agency.

The Bengals are largely a cheap franchise...although not every move they made is a cheap move. They do take care of guys like Geno, Dunlap, and AJ.

That's what i meant he retained players, sorry if that wasn't clear. 5 straight PO berths you're doing something right and it wasn't the coach.

To be fair to Merv he had some bad luck with injuries.

Anyway, happy that page is turned! ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do I really need to dumb down watching fans say we have to be better regardless of next HC hired and me just saying it creatively?

It is not just the new coach that is exciting most fans it is that the change process is sweeping and the MIKE BROWN was not in the interview process!   

Freakout

Plus, most of the coaches let go still are under contract, something Mike would NEVER DO!  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I have a boner.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote