Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach
(01-10-2019, 08:31 PM)Goncrazzy Wrote: So I haven't logged in and posted any in the last few years,  but I've been here reading in the shadows the whole time and this has brought me outta the shadows to post.   I've kinda been riding the Foles Bandwagon here lately and really feel they Philly is making a mistake keeping Wentz and letting Foles go,  if we could land this Scenario I would be ecstatic!!

Don’t be a stranger.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:32 PM)McC Wrote: The Bengals can't announce who their guy is until he's out of the playoffs but maybe they let it slip under the table.

I mean you got a lot of fired coaches now who may have heard something so it makes sense it leaked as coaches were fired.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mean you got a lot of fired coaches now who may have heard something so it makes sense it leaked as coaches were fired.

When the announcement finally comes, the whole world will probably already know...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mean you got a lot of fired coaches now who may have heard something so it makes sense it leaked as coaches were fired.

Bingo
Reply/Quote
Wikipedia already says he our coach... So there's that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, I do? An offensive coordinator is responsible for managing a team's offense.
I don't really understand why Zac Taylor would get a pass for his performance with a team midseason but then guys like Freddie Kitchens would get praise for their interim OC work? If Freddie Kitchens gets critiqued (in a good way) for taking over the Browns, shouldn't Taylor get critiqued for taking over the Dolphins?

Stop reading wiki for stats. Look at date he took over for 6 games actually. Look at teams he struggled against and their defensive rankings. Then look at scores vs more equally balanced teams they beat.

Being an oc is more about designing a system for the season not taking over because lazor sucked.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Now Schefter says Taylor's job to lose

Not sure how he'd lose it??

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
Shefter is now reporting Zac Taylor as head coach
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:43 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

I’m excited about this. Not sure how much credit he gets for the development of that offense/Goff but I like the bold hire. This is anything but conservative by Mike and Co.
Reply/Quote
Gonna be awkward for the second choice if it falls through.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m excited about this. Not sure how much credit he gets for the development of that offense/Goff but I like the bold hire. This is anything but conservative by Mike and Co.

That would be because the rumor is it was delegated to Katie and Troy, which bodes well for the future in my mind.
Reply/Quote
Thing that has me most excited is his ability to work with qbs especially since he was a great college qb himself

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:41 PM)Okeana Wrote: Stop reading wiki for stats.  Look at date he took over for 6 games actually.  Look at teams he struggled against and their defensive rankings.  Then look at scores vs more equally balanced teams they beat.  

Being an oc is more about designing a system for the season not taking over because lazor sucked.

Reading wiki for stats? I got my data from Pro Football Reference, a credible site that many people use for data all the time.
Lazor was fired after Nov 29 game against the Jets.
There were five games after that game.
I was not wrong. You are.

And if you really want me to "look at the teams' defensive rankings" Taylor went against...I will...
Ravens - 24th in points allowed per game (bad)
Giants - 30th in points allowed per game (bad)
Chargers - 21st in points allowed per game (bad)
Colts - 25th in points allowed per game (bad)
Patriots - 10th in points allowed per game (good)
So actually, the Dolphins went up against some rather not good defenses, further proving my point and going against yours...so...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: That would be because the rumor is it was delegated to Katie and Troy, which bodes well for the future in my mind.

Agreed. I know many, including myself, are worried about the FO once it changes hands. If this is any indication of how it will look, I will be happy. I’m not going to claim that Taylor will be a stud HC or anything, but I appreciate the boldness of it all. Even if he sucks, I can appreciate the risk. Good stuff.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Honestly, odds that all these McVay protégés workout is slim to none. If we bust on this hire I’m okay for a couple reasons. We went outside our comfort zone and we took a shot at a young up and comer from an innovative tree. I think our biggest complaint in many cases is we don’t take chances and if you want them to take chances you have to be okay if they don’t work, but if they do it could change our organizations trajectory.
Reply/Quote
Of all the outside guys I was the least excited about this guy.  He has no track record of consequence.   He was not the OC in LA.

So he interviews well.  Anyone can talk.

I wanted Monken, Bieniemy or Taylor.  In that order.

We'll see.   Truly hope I'm wrong.   It's not like I know a whole lot.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:23 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Press Taylor his brother could tag along and bring Foles

Just brainstorming

That would be interesting. 
Reply/Quote
I only hope that the front office put the new coach in the best position to win and if he doesn't please don't wait 16 years to make a change.
Reply/Quote