Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach
(01-11-2019, 12:49 PM)ZWP Wrote: Exactly.

Wonder if he calls his brother up for the OC spot.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:33 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: Good point. Then again, our last coach had a Super Bowl ring when he took the job, too. It would be some nice buzz for the franchise, though.

True and ML did come in here hot and made some quick improvements,  under the MB regrime,  that says a lot.   But this time around things feel even more different,  it don't seem like MB is playing dictator as much.   So if the new coach can come and really make some big changes and have that head of steam things may go even better.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Plan:
Step 1: Hire Zac Taylor
Step 2: Upgrade OL and front-7 in 2019 draft
Step 3: Upgrade offensive position players and DBs in 2020 draft
Step 4: Tank 2020 season to be able draft Trevor Lawrence #1 overall
Step 5: ?????
Step 6: SUPER BOWL!

I like this plan....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wonder if he calls his brother up for the OC spot.

Cody?

[Image: kisspng-the-suite-life-of-zack-cody-dyla...975085.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Taylor is my top choice out of the candidates that were interviewed. I’m still on alert for Hue or Lazor to be retained to get in his way. I would much rather he bring in Waldron or another of his guys.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 02:18 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

of course we'll get in trouble, the nfl will probably make us give our 1st rd pick to the steelers, because why not.
Reply/Quote

Seems like a valid concern.  But they haven't announced anything.  Seems like it would be a hard case to enforce unless there's some kind of evidence out there.  It might not bee a bad idea to button up the loose lips in the building no matter what.

Any guesses on how hard Florio and his band of Steeler lovers will ride this one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Mikey can just tell the NFL "we promise to not break the rules and hire another HC for 16 years".
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
New Coach Needs to:

Trade Dalton, if no suitors, cut him and save 16M

Release Burfict, Glenn and Huber

Begin extension talks with Boyd

Getting dalton, Glenn, Burfict and Huber off the books saves 34 MIllion they can re-invest.

Draft Kyler Murray

Sign CJ Mosely, Daryl Williams and Shaq Barrett

Draft OL in round 2, TE in Round 3, etc
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 02:28 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: New Coach Needs to:

Getting dalton, Glenn, Burfict and Huber off the books saves 34 MIllion they can re-invest.

Draft Kyler Murray

Sign CJ Mosely,  Daryl Williams and Shaq Barrett

Draft  OL in round 2,  TE in Round 3, etc

At 5'9 Im a little speculative on his ability to play in the NFL,  I know theres a lot of hype around him but his height worries me a bit.   The kid is good don't get me wrong,  I'd just rather us have someone a little taller.  I foresee a lot of knocked down passes
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 02:23 PM)McC Wrote: Seems like a valid concern.  But they haven't announced anything.  Seems like it would be a hard case to enforce unless there's some kind of evidence out there.  It might not bee a bad idea to button up the loose lips in the building no matter what.

Any guesses on how hard Florio and his band of Steeler lovers will ride this one.

Agreed.....but hey, how fun is it to be so heavily covered by the media in a positive and inquisitive light for a change? ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote

So the media runs with a tweet. Admit that no conversations with Taylor or contracts have been offered. Admit that Taylor didn't even know he was the choice. Reports on how the Bengals are respecting candidates still in the playoffs, and the Bengals get punished?

Sounds about right.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 02:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: So the media runs with a tweet. Admit that no conversations with Taylor or contracts have been offered. Admit that Taylor didn't even know he was the choice. Reports on how the Bengals are respecting candidates still in the playoffs, and the Bengals get punished?

Sounds about right.

If they are, I'm going to lose my mind.  Especially seeing how things like this have been ignored in the past when there actually was shady dealings going on.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 02:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: So the media runs with a tweet. Admit that no conversations with Taylor or contracts have been offered. Admit that Taylor didn't even know he was the choice, and the Bengals get punished?

Sounds about right.

Kinda feels like a fabricated story to me. It could easily be someone trying and hoping to get Cincinnati in trouble, just spouting something that “might” be true just to get an investigation started. That “league source” could be the Steelers quipment manager for all we know. Seems bunk, especially coming from Florio. I have no concerns over this.

Reply/Quote

Draft Kyler Murray

I know I didn't pay much attention this year, but what's wrong with Huber?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 02:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: So the media runs with a tweet. Admit that no conversations with Taylor or contracts have been offered. Admit that Taylor didn't even know he was the choice. Reports on how the Bengals are respecting candidates still in the playoffs, and the Bengals get punished?

Sounds about right.

Does. Atleast it looks like Florio and the bunch are floating it out there no surprise.

The bias is staggering against us and for the Steelers. But they should be scared.

This new HC wasn't brought up a Steelers fan like our last one was.
Reply/Quote

Draft Kyler Murray

[Image: 2qwtmj.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Generator
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 02:35 PM)Goncrazzy Wrote: At 5'9 Im a little speculative on his ability to play in the NFL,  I know theres a lot of hype around him but his height worries me a bit.   The kid is good don't get me wrong,  I'd just rather us have someone a little taller.  I foresee a lot of knocked down passes

If he's smart, he'll stick to baseball.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:23 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Press Taylor his brother could tag along and bring Foles

Just brainstorming

Would love this, a proven clutch SB winning QB to boot?

(01-10-2019, 08:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keeping in mind that he never had near the talent to work with at UC, as he does in the NFL.  No disrespect to the UC program, as they had an outstanding year, this season.  But, historically, UC is much better known for Basketball than Football..

Great point Sunset, eases my concerns with Zac.
Reply/Quote