Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor Staying
(01-03-2018, 01:22 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Go ahead and announce Paul Alexander's return as well so we can go ahead and cap this shitty week off.

No.  It'll be more fun for the circle jerk to drag it out another week or two.  This is a magical week for the idiots upstairs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:23 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: So.....no changes to our offense so far?

As long as Paul Alexander is gone everyone will stop crying as if he's the main source to our cancer. I want him gone, but we need more change than that.

And no lol.
Reply/Quote
I hate to break it to you but Lazor is the Bodine to Zampese's Ghiaciuc. Or something like that.

You look real good compared to who you followed when they are as bad as Zampese/Guycheck was.

But when the smoke clears, and reality sets in, you realized average only looked good following failure, but it isn't good enough to get the changes needed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with it, he should not be judged on a season where he never had a chance to implement HIS scheme in training camp. I'll give him a year... he may turn out to be great.
Reply/Quote
It's hard to be excited for the OC being back who was in control of the 32nd ranked offense.
But if Lazor was the driver for finally shifting around the OL the last two games, that gives me a little hope of improvement.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm ok with it, he should not be judged on a season where he never had a chance to implement HIS scheme in training camp. I'll give him a year... he may turn out to be great.

Exactly.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's hard to be excited for the OC being back who was in control of the 32nd ranked offense.
But if Lazor was the driver for finally shifting around the OL the last two games, that gives me a little hope of improvement.

Has an OC who's offense finished dead last overall ever received an extension? Let alone not be fired?? 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: I hate to break it to you but Lazor is the Bodine to Zampese's Ghiaciuc. Or something like that.

You look real good compared to who you followed when they are as bad as Zampese/Guycheck was.

But when the smoke clears, and reality sets in, you realized average only looked good following failure, but it isn't good enough to get the changes needed.

The big difference is, Zampese had 0 experience as a OC and Lazor does. I'm not saying Lazor is great, but you can't take over an offense during the season and change an entire offense. Offseason and hopefully a better line, then I will judge Lazor.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:21 PM)pally Wrote: Bill Lazor: "We have a lot of talent on this roster and I am excited for the opportunity to build the high-powered offense we have the potential to be. This offseason will give us the chance to continue the success we had at the end of the year as we develop into a dynamic offense in 2018."

This right here is good....sounds like a well thought out statement...plus he put the words DYNAMIC and OFFENSE together, and that excites me that at least he has a vision.
At the moment, I' glad we kept him.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm ok with it, he should not be judged on a season where he never had a chance to implement HIS scheme in training camp. I'll give him a year... he may turn out to be great.

It won't be his anything.  It'll be Giggles' offense, just like it'll be Giggles' defense.  He'd just go ahead and do all three jobs himself but he's just too damn lazy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:31 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Has an OC who's offense finished dead last overall ever received an extension? Let alone not be fired?? 
Was it his offense tho? I'm guessing when they promoted him to OC, they tossed him the playbook and said, "this is OUR playbook".
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The big difference is, Zampese had 0 experience as a OC and Lazor does. I'm not saying Lazor is great, but you can't take over an offense during the season and change an entire offense. Offseason and hopefully a better line, then I will judge Lazor.

It took over after the first 4 days of the season. Not mid to late season. I don't think this is any excuse for the 2nd half disappearing act, and inability to take advantage of Green (who I'm sure is sick over this decision).

You can forget about Green ever having the seasons of past. Lazor just isn't a good fit for him. But he was cheap and no one wanted him so he fits the program.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: It took over after the first 4 days of the season. Not mid to late season. I don't think this is any excuse for the 2nd half disappearing act, and inability to take advantage of Green (who I'm sure is sick over this decision).

You can forget about Green ever having the seasons of past. Lazor just isn't a good fit for him. But he was cheap and no one wanted him so he fits the program.

My apologies, I thought he took over after week 2? Plus that doesn't account for all offseason or TC... My point was, it would have been difficult for anyone to undo an offense that was taught during the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote:
Yea I think it could be worse. Ken Zampese.

But I think what really hurt Zampese was that the players were not fitting for his game plan whatsoever.
Zampese's scheme seems to need good blocking for 5+ seconds, which obviously hardly ever happened.

Shit.....why not just bring ol Kenny back to be QB coach, and have us a good ol Merv's Tenured Bums reunion.  Anyone know what Brat's up to these days?  Can he be a RB coach or somethin'?  Bresnehan still around?  Get him back in here.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:23 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: So.....no changes to our offense so far?

What did you expect?  When Merv said there would be offensive staff changes, that there would be offensive staff changes?   LMAO

Young Padewan.....Jedi mind tricks you have much learning to do about..... LMAO LMAO

This mfer either speaks in codes, can't remember what he said 5 minutes ago, or just don't give a shit to straight up lie. :giggle:

Reply/Quote
Until the offensive line gets fixed, really won't matter who the OC is.
[Image: 6zwk79.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:31 PM)whodey1967 Wrote: This right here is good....sounds like a well thought out statement...plus he put the words DYNAMIC and OFFENSE together, and that excites me that at least he has a vision.
At the moment, I' glad we kept him.

Agreed, even if it is just Lazor using buzz words, it is encouraging to know that he feels confident in his ability to work with our offensive personnel.  Weather he has a totally "new" offense to install or not, is essentially a non-issue.  Football plays are football plays, no one is going to come up with anything that hasn't already been done or tried before.  

More important to me, is getting the players to execute plays properly.  I'm interested in listening to him at a press conference, and hearing what his planned direction will be.  I also hope that someone asks him about the run blocking that seemed so vastly improved, in the back end of the season.  Because he can design a game plan to exploit the holes in any defense through the air, but it done mean a hill of beans if you can't run the ball effectively and gain critical short yardage by sheer will.  Opposing defenses will just load up and presser the heck out of your passer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Too bad his statement didn't mention half time adjustments. That's the only thing we need to hear from the new OC.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, even if it is just Lazor using buzz words, it is encouraging to know that he feels confident in his ability to work with our offensive personnel.  Weather he has a totally "new" offense to install or not, is essentially a non-issue.  Football plays are football plays, no one is going to come up with anything that hasn't already been done or tried before.  

More important to me, is getting the players to execute plays properly.  I'm interested in listening to him at a press conference, and hearing what his planned direction will be.  I also hope that someone asks him about the run blocking that seemed so vastly improved, in the back end of the season.  Because he can design a game plan to exploit the holes in any defense through the air, but it done mean a hill of beans if you can't run the ball effectively and gain critical short yardage by sheer will.  Opposing defenses will just load up and presser the heck out of your passer.

Here's about all you need to know about how "his" offense is gonna look:

Quote:He’s very comfortable with how I see it,” Lewis said of Lazor yesterday before the contract extension for the offensive coordinator was made official.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/3/16845326/bengals-bringing-back-bill-lazor-as-offensive-coordinator-for-2018

Also, Lazor was pretty much a pedestrian coordinator prior if memory serves?  Either way, if he was Bill Walsh 2.0, he'd be handcuffed here, nothing to see, more of the same. Yawn

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Here's about all you need to know about how "his" offense is gonna look:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/3/16845326/bengals-bringing-back-bill-lazor-as-offensive-coordinator-for-2018

Also, Lazor was pretty much a pedestrian coordinator prior if memory serves?  Either way, if he was Bill Walsh 2.0, he'd be handcuffed here, nothing to see, more of the same. Yawn

Hey, even the mundane run up the gut, between Center and Guard can be the most exciting play in football, when executed to perfection..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote