Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor Staying
(01-03-2018, 03:34 PM)McC Wrote: I will say that a real OLine coach will make Lazor's job infinitely easier.  Now, if Giggles will just get the hell out of his way, who knows?

PA also was an assistant head coach, meaning he probably had a lot more say in the offense than he should have.

I am hoping this was the case, because the OC should have final say on his offense without a positional coach having assistant coach status having influence on who plays and who stays. Otherwise I am not a fan of keeping Lazor around.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
With a new offensive line coach I think keeping Bill Lazor makes sense. His schemes require directional blocking on run plays and moving the defensive line backwards on pass plays. If Cincinnati finds an offensive line coach who can teach this things like Willie Anderson or Joe Walter things will be great.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: I know you're trying to be positive, but what in fifteen years prior leads you to believe that 2018 will be the year Merv puts it all together and has a team that executes and doesn't play undisciplined?

Well, when you state it like that, all I got is some blind hope.  Besides, I'm too old to switch team loyalties.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, when you state it like that, all I got is some blind hope.  Besides, I'm too old to switch team loyalties.

Don't we all.. Still don't see how Merv is going to change his game management. That has nothing to do with position coaches or MB or coordinators. 
Maybe Merv finished reading his book, "Coaching For Dummies" and it took him 15 years to do it...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:11 PM)Takedown Wrote: I might be the only one here who says this probably isn't the worst idea.

Lazor had many issues, but I'm interested to see what he does when he installs his own style offense vs using what was already installed.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, when you state it like that, all I got is some blind hope.  Besides, I'm too old to switch team loyalties.

Meh, you aren't much older than myself.  The move to finally axe that dumb shithead from oline/assistant HC infamy was a start in the right direction.  I'm tempering expectations until we see the final coaching hires and FA plays.  I'm not a big fan of Lazor or Merv staying, but I guess we'll see.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:38 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Don't we all.. Still don't see how Merv is going to change his game management. That has nothing to do with position coaches or MB or coordinators. 
Maybe Merv finished reading his book, "Coaching For Dummies" and it took him 15 years to do it...

He finally got Mr. Coach Klines' playbook by robbing Red Beaulieu's grave....... Ninja

Itz da soupeerbowz fer uz!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Meh, you aren't much older than myself.  The move to finally axe that dumb shithead from oline/assistant HC infamy was a start in the right direction.  I'm tempering expectations until we see the final coaching hires and FA plays.  I'm not a big fan of Lazor or Merv staying, but I guess we'll see.

Wait, did I miss something while I was working?  Is Alexander actually gone??

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wait, did I miss something while I was working?  Is Alexander actually gone??

Actually gone.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wait, did I miss something while I was working?  Is Alexander actually gone??

:andy:

Doesn't this make you feel better Sunset? Sure as hell did me. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:30 PM)McC Wrote: Actually gone.

Yesss!  Just read about it, in the presser thread.

(01-03-2018, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: :andy:

Doesn't this make you feel better Sunset? Sure as hell did me. Smirk

It does make me feel better.  Much better actually!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yesss!  Just read about it, in the presser thread.

It does make me feel better.  Much better actually!

Sounds like Marv and Lazor had a big say in it.

Just hoping Marv keeps on giving Lazor the say on Offense and stays out of his bidness.

Heard Willie and McNally being floated around as PA's successors....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: Per Paul D tweet

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/948586795142402048
I said it before this. KEEP LASOR....So glad he will get to have HIS FIRST training camp and HIS FIRST preseason to get in HIS FIRST playbook...I still say he took awful 6-12 team under Zampese and went 7-7....Some of you say they remained 32nd offense in NFL.  I say yes, because he took over worst offense in NFL with worst offensive line in NFL. There wasn't a lot he could do about the Zeitler & Whitworth moves done before he ever came here. We were going to have the worst offensive line in NFL in 2017 once Mike Brown went cheap and stupid. So Lasor getting 7-7 out of worst offensive line in NFL could be a better coaching job than taking best team in NFL to Super Bowl.  Getting 7-7 out of these sad sacks was a coaching achievement. ....I see Alexander won't be back and maybe Lasor has their ear on making major changes to the worst offense in NFL.   ...Unlike Zampese and even Hue Jackson, Lasor has more of a feel for the game like Gruden.  Lasor came in and started getting the most out of the players.  Lasor called some wide open plays out coaching defensive coordinators. He got a lot out of Bernard and Kroft. ....The awful Mike Brown O Line did get killed by teams like Jacksonville, Minnesota, Pittsburg, Baltimore.  Our awful O lIne was no match for a good defense and why Lasor getting 7-7 out of these sad sacks is so amazing.  

LASOR IS BACK....those yesterday wanting him fired, I'm glad on this one you didn't get your way.  Lasor did plenty to deserve getting his first real chance here in 2018.  Coming in during season isn't a real chance. He did more than enough to be back in 2018.  Those who think he should have came onto awful 0-2 Bengals and pulled play-offs out of his rear end are insane, nobody could have did that and 7-7 was great coaching by Lasor. .....and for those that got so mad at me mentioning Tony Romo doing our games on TV and he was impressed by what Lasor was doing with Bengals....and to those that said 7-7 are just numbers that don't mean anything, so now you value all numbers but wins ???....To you I say....Tony Romo, Tony Romo, Tony Romo and 7-7, 7-7 and 7-7....I value Tony Romo's opinion over couch potatoes that wanted Lasor fired....I value getting 7-7 out of this sorry team that before Lasor looked headed towards 0-16 as offense under Zampese tied a 1930's Eagles team as worst offense in NFL ever.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: With a new offensive line coach I think keeping Bill Lazor makes sense.  His schemes require directional blocking on run plays and moving the defensive line backwards on pass plays.  If Cincinnati finds an offensive line coach who can teach this things like Willie Anderson or Joe Walter things will be great.

AGREE 100 %
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like Marv and Lazor had a big say in it.

Just hoping Marv keeps on giving Lazor the say on Offense and stays out of his bidness.

Heard Willie and McNally being floated around as PA's successors....
ThumbsUp
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote