Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor Staying
(01-03-2018, 02:33 PM)basballguy Wrote: Exactly...if he's so great why can't he make adjustments?  

Because his boss considers them a myth?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
2nd half adjustments have nothing to do with the OC. That's all on Douchey Lewis

3 points is the total points out of 3rd Quarter in the 7 playoff losses.

Any questions.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:35 PM)bengals73 Wrote: 2nd half adjustments have nothing to do with the OC.  That's all on Douchey Lewis

3 points is the total points out of 3rd Quarter  in the 7 playoff losses.

Any questions.

Yeah, it is not a coincidence this has happened with all of the OC's under Marv.

He sticks his nose in the Offense which is the stupidest thing a defensive minded coach can do.
Reply/Quote
This is not good. I wish I could bullshot myself into being optimistic about this, but the fact is this organization needs big changes, and this move is the opposite of that. At least we have mediocrity figured out, right ?
Reply/Quote
I'm kinda .... whatever with it. Here's to hoping that since this wasn't the offensive coaching change Marvin was talking about that it has to be Paul Alexander.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
blah......
Reply/Quote
Pretty impartial. The offense wasn't a train wreck under him. It was merely awful.

I suppose he deserves an off season to establish a scheme.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hey, even the mundane run up the gut, between Center and Guard can be the most exciting play in football, when executed to perfection..

I know you're trying to be positive, but what in fifteen years prior leads you to believe that 2018 will be the year Merv puts it all together and has a team that executes and doesn't play undisciplined?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Pretty impartial. The offense wasn't a train wreck under him. It was merely awful.

I suppose he deserves an off season to establish a scheme.

The scheme is already well established.    Take no chances, be predictable, fall apart in the second half.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm kinda .... whatever with it. Here's to hoping that since this wasn't the offensive coaching change Marvin was talking about that it has to be Paul Alexander.

Yeah, here is to hoping this is the case.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Here's about all you need to know about how "his" offense is gonna look:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/3/16845326/bengals-bringing-back-bill-lazor-as-offensive-coordinator-for-2018

Also, Lazor was pretty much a pedestrian coordinator prior if memory serves?  Either way, if he was Bill Walsh 2.0, he'd be handcuffed here, nothing to see, more of the same. Yawn

This is the part I like--

The Bengals’ offense was embarrassingly bad in 2017, so of course, Bill Lazor is returning as offensive coordinator for 2018.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:04 PM)McC Wrote: The scheme is already well established.    Take no chances, be predictable, fall apart in the second half.

Yeah, this is Marv's scheme for sure. Too bad we brought the guy back that handcuffs Lazor.

Wouldn't matter who our OC is honestly.

Marv just cannot help sticking his nose into the Offensive playcalling to the detriment of the team.

Amazing how the owner cannot see this or doesn't care.
Reply/Quote
Kinda speaks to Marvin's standing with Mike Brown if he is finally able to throw Paul Alexander under the bus.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Kinda speaks to Marvin's standing with Mike Brown if he is finally able to throw Paul Alexander under the bus.

So really doesn't matter, Paul Alexander is most likely not going anywhere.  Probably be some QB or RB coach that will be the "big change" 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:07 PM)McC Wrote: This is the part I like--

The Bengals’ offense was embarrassingly bad in 2017, so of course, Bill Lazor is returning as offensive coordinator for 2018.

Yeah man, ol' Billy took us from 32nd ranked all the way to a "higher" 32nd. LMAO

Look, I was all for him, as he was an improvement over Kenny, but shit man......you just went 7-9 and you not only brought back the HC, but now you're going to roll with the underperforming OC too?  What's next, Dave Shula gonna come be the DC?  Coslett gonna come be an offensive consultant, Brat assistant HC?  **** me, what an absolute shit show.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
mediocracy continues...

"Cincinnati's offense improved slightly after Lazor took over, but still finished the season 32nd in yards per game (280.5), 31st in rushing yards per game (85.4) and 27th in passing offense (195.1 per tilt)."
Reply/Quote
I will say that a real OLine coach will make Lazor's job infinitely easier. Now, if Giggles will just get the hell out of his way, who knows?

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:35 PM)bengals73 Wrote: That's all on Douchey Lewis

Is Douchey Lewis the CFL-equivalent of Marvin Lewis?  I'm lost here.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is Douchey Lewis the CFL-equivalent of Marvin Lewis?  I'm lost here.

Yes, you nailed it!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:34 PM)McC Wrote: I will say that a real OLine coach will make Lazor's job infinitely easier.  Now, if Giggles will just get the hell out of his way, who knows?

Yep, that is it in a nutshell.

If Marv really wants this Offense to improve he better stay out of it and let Lazor do his job.
Reply/Quote