Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor Staying
Maybe he can figure out wtf happened in 2nd halves this season...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Here's about all you need to know about how "his" offense is gonna look:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/3/16845326/bengals-bringing-back-bill-lazor-as-offensive-coordinator-for-2018

Also, Lazor was pretty much a pedestrian coordinator prior if memory serves?  Either way, if he was Bill Walsh 2.0, he'd be handcuffed here, nothing to see, more of the same. Yawn

In other words, he's a spineless puppet who will gladly dance on the Pharoah's strings of Phailure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
3 days into the off-season and we've already managed to extend a god-awful HC as well as the OC of the 32nd ranked NFL offense. This is the most aggressive stagnation I've ever seen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope he got a raise. Not everyone can pull off 32.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 3 days into the off-season and we've already managed to extend a god-awful HC as well as the OC of the 32nd ranked NFL offense.  This is the most aggressive stagnation I've ever seen.

Really kicking ass, ain't we?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:
Agreed, even if it is just Lazor using buzz words, it is encouraging to know that he feels confident in his ability to work with our offensive personnel. 
Weather he has a totally "new" offense to install or not, is essentially a non-issue.  Football plays are football plays, no one is going to come up with anything that hasn't already been done or tried before.  

More important to me, is getting the players to execute plays properly.  I'm interested in listening to him at a press conference, and hearing what his planned direction will be.  I also hope that someone asks him about the run blocking that seemed so vastly improved, in the back end of the season.  Because he can design a game plan to exploit the holes in any defense through the air, but it done mean a hill of beans if you can't run the ball effectively and gain critical short yardage by sheer will.  Opposing defenses will just load up and presser the heck out of your passer.

As long as I see Westerman in the lineup and two new OL added in the offseason that will be guaranteed starters, I think there could be hope.
Oh, and less (or no) Brandon LaFell.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As long as I see Westerman in the lineup and two new OL added in the offseason that will be guaranteed starters, I think there could be hope.

He's part of the circle jerk, one of Giggles' boys.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:15 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Who knows maybe a full offseason for him as OC will spark this offense?

Definate Upgrade over Zampese...   Lets see if he can put together 2 full halfs 16 times next year... cause this year it seemed he only had about a 1/2 each game
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As long as I see Westerman in the lineup and two new OL added in the offseason that will be guaranteed starters, I think there could be hope.

LaFell isn't very exciting, but he's a reliable safety valve.  Time for Boyd to step up into the role he was drafted for.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Definate Upgrade over Zampese...   Lets see if he can put together 2 full halfs 16 times next year... cause this year it seemed he only had about a 1/2 each game

That's been a constant under every coordinator we've seen since Marvin has been here. Maybe... Just maybe, the coordinators are handcuffed by captain *******  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Definate Upgrade over Zampese...   Lets see if he can put together 2 full halfs 16 times next year... cause this year it seemed he only had about a 1/2 each game

That's because he was not allowed to adjust anything at halftime.  You can't do something that doesn't exist, right? 

I wonder just what the Bengals do at the half, while the opponents are adjusting their asses off in the other locker room.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: LaFell isn't very exciting, but he's a reliable safety valve.  Time for Boyd to step up into the role he was drafted for.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one.  Not to sound like the president of the Brandon LaFell Fan Club™ but we may have to start holding the amazingly talented young guys accountable for not being able to unseat the bargain-basement FA veteran WR ahead of them.

Ah wait, Marvin Lewis got a 2-year extension so that's at least another 2 years of assuming we have a 12-4 team on the bench that he refuses to play.  Damn.  
Reply/Quote
Maybe part of my dislike of Lazor has to do with his aggressively punchable face.

[Image: 092417-lazor-bill-art.jpg]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: LaFell isn't very exciting, but he's a reliable safety valve.  Time for Boyd to step up into the role he was drafted for.

Agreed that he's quality depth. What I hope is that he's actually demoted to being depth and the younger WRs are given more opportunities.
That's assuming he's kept for the final year of his contract.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:17 PM)McC Wrote: That's because he was not allowed to adjust anything at halftime.  You can't do something that doesn't exist, right? 

I wonder just what the Bengals do at the half, while the opponents are adjusting their asses off in the other locker room.

They're probably too busy trying to find a vending machine where they can get gatorade, or something.
Reply/Quote
Awaiting to hear from AJ who can't be happy about this news. Say what you want about Zampese, but Green was having a career year under him. Under Lazor he's just a guy (an average one)

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
[Image: Man-Laughing-Funny-Gif-Image.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I think he did well considering he had to work through the roll of shit paper Zampese called a playbook and implementing his offsense more and more as the season went on.

I would like to see him let Andy have more control though.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: Per Paul D tweet

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/948586795142402048

I actually think Lazor can be a real good OC if he isn't getting handcuffed by Marv.

It was Zampese's stuff he was running, with a whole Offseason implementing his own playcalling he might be a good one.

Cannot really judge him off this season.

Now if we just replace PA, Haslett and Guenther with coaches like Joe Rudolph, Takeo Spikes and Jack Del Rio i might not be done.
Reply/Quote

Exactly...if he's so great why can't he make adjustments?  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote