Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
League Cut players you want
(08-31-2019, 07:38 PM)phil413 Wrote: Pounce! Claim him on waivers and pay him,  don't wait a weeek!

He has more than four years service time, he isn’t subject to waivers.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Intel for Seattle

Hue Jackson answered that question for me last year. It appears to not work.
Reply/Quote
I would have claims in on Antonio Garcia LT and Jason Cabinda LB
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 07:42 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Lol @ Paxton Lynch. PASS.

For real for real...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 08:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hue Jackson answered that question for me last year. It appears to not work.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12364123]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Stephan Wisniewski
Daniel Wise
Jeff Allen
Keelan Doss
Josh Adams
Justin Phillips
Brandon Marshall
Reply/Quote
Texans are making all the moves today.

Bengals could have used Hyde, Tunsil, Clowney, etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 08:57 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Texans are making all the moves today.

Bengals could have used Hyde, Tunsil, Clowney, etc.

I'll be honest, I don't think the Bengals could afford to pay what the Texans paid for Tunsil.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 08:51 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Stephan Wisniewski
Daniel Wise
Jeff Allen
Keelan Doss
Josh Adams
Justin Phillips
Brandon Marshall

You guys recognize Marshall's name, but he's declined a lot due to injuries and his pass coverage is pretty bad at this point.
Reply/Quote
LB and O Lineman
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 09:59 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'll be honest, I don't think the Bengals could afford to pay what the Texans paid for Tunsil.

Nor should we. Our 1st Round picks could be Top 5. That would be terrible to lose them.

But, we do draft guys that are hurt in the 1st Round a lot too...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 10:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys recognize Marshall's name, but he's declined a lot due to injuries and his pass coverage is pretty bad at this point.

Hes a lot better than nickerson and thats all that matters.
Reply/Quote
I think the types of guys we need just aren't out there. There are a few guards, but OTs are really few and far between, which is what I thought would be the case. We can get by with our interior guys, IMO. We badly need help at OT. We are unlikely to find it among players that were cut.

As for linebacker, I'd love nothing more than to never have to see Nickerson don the orange and black again. He felt out sucks and has no business having any role on a NFL roster outside perhaps teams. He's just too slow. I work with a dude who's son was a linebacker at Illinois when Hardy was there. He attended a lot of their games. When we picked him up, I told him about it. His first repsonse was: "he's way too slow for the NFL." He was absolutely right.

I'd love to find our next Dhani Jones. A guy that seems near the end athletically, but can stabilize with smarts and experience. Maybe Preston Brown is that guy if he's healthy. The bonus would be that he's got a lot left in the tank physically, unlike Dhani.

As fans, we're unfortunately looking for things that ownership should have been trying to find in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 10:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys recognize Marshall's name, but he's declined a lot due to injuries and his pass coverage is pretty bad at this point.

You wanted him signed a few months ago, so not sure you should be talking down to anyone lol.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Supposedly-we-re-targeting-LB-Brandon-Marshall?highlight=brandon+marshall
Reply/Quote
Samhain's take is hard to believe at first but true there just aren't many ideal names. LB Ramik Wilson would be a decent pickup for the numbers game at LB. No matter how much they toy with different packages you can't make it 16 games or hopefully more with just those 5.
Reply/Quote
Watch for a trade with Seattle they only have one QB on the roster right now; Ben Burr kirven could be an option.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see Brandon Marshall and Josh Jones signed. Both would challenge for starting roles.
Reply/Quote
John Wetzel
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 01:08 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Watch for a trade with Seattle they only have one QB on the roster right now; Ben Burr kirven could be an option.

Geno Smith was cut because they knew he was not subject to waivers. Once trade goes through, Geno will be back on the roster for Seattle as their back up QB
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Brandon Marshall is pretty bad like most of the LBs on the roster and would be a very lateral move. I would not be excited to bring him in.

Bengals should’ve fixed LB in free agency when they had the chance.
Reply/Quote