Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
League Cut players you want
(09-01-2019, 01:47 PM)pally Wrote: Bengals claim  2nd yr RB Samaje Perine  former teammate of Joe Mixon  He holds the NFL single game rushing record with 437 yards against Kansas in 2014

A lot of people wanted him years ago. I think some wanted him over Mixon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 01:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Giants were in 6th position in waiver process (assuming same as 2019 draft position) so means only 5 teams passed on him.

Any way to find if others also tried to claim him?

I thought he would make a team immediately as anyone claimed must go on the active 53 roster immediately for that team. I was hoping we would get a 7th rounder for him prior to being cut.

I wish him well.

Good point. Apparently other teams wanted him and valued him.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the Texans got a lot worse, and they gave away TWO first round picks and a second.  I, for one, am glad to see that they won't likely be a contender this season although it would have been nice to not see Clowney in Seattle colors.  

This is why a HC should not be allowed to play GM.

Hugh O'Brien (or is it Bill Jackson?) gave up two firsts, a second, and picked up the salary of a WR who clearly was not wanted by Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:16 PM)XsandOs Wrote: This is why a HC should not be allowed to play GM.

Hugh O'Brien (or is it Bill Jackson?) gave up two firsts, a second, and picked up the salary of a WR who clearly was not wanted by Dolphins.

and they are still paying 1/2 of Clowney's salary

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:16 PM)XsandOs Wrote: This is why a HC should not be allowed to play GM.

I think he overpaid, but I think they took a look at the rest of the division and said "we're winning this for the next 3 years, so let's try to do something with it". It strikes me as a team saying here's our window, let's go all in.
Reply/Quote
I don’t blame ZT for not jumping on the OL or LB on the cut list so far. In both cases they are not very good to say the least. Also, we dumped deadwood in Jefferson.

Really so far in preseason the starters at LB have so far looked rather better than last year. Brown is healthy and lighter and it is making a difference and Vigil has also looked better. After the bad outing against KC where ZT got angry and apparently had Lou crack down hard on defenders taking bad angles and being in wrong spots the D has looked much better.

The two pickups are interesting. Cooper if really 100% adds explosiveness to returns. Perine fits a need for a power back so it will be interesting to see what the next move is.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: I don’t blame ZT for jumping on the OL or LB on the cut list so far. In both cases they are not very good to say the least. Also, we dumped deadwood in Jefferson.

Really so fast in preseason the starters at LB have so far looked rather better than last year. Browne is healthy and lighter and it is making a difference and Vigil has Aldo looked better. After the bad outing against KC where ZT got angry and apparently had Lou crack down hard on defenders taking bad angles and being in wrong spots the D has looked much better.

The two pickups are interesting. Cooper if really 100% adds explosiveness to returns. Perine fits a need for a power back so it will be interesting to see what the next move is.

I think John Wetzel would be a solid depth pickup at OT/G. Wetzel hasn't been great but he is experienced in the NFL at both Tackle spots and guard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 05:27 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Don't know much about him, but the Jets cut Jachai Polite, the Florida LB they drafted with their third rounder.  Is he worth a shot?

Just read where he was fined over $100,000 this preseason for things such as tardiness. Most likely wasted talent
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 07:38 PM)phil413 Wrote: Pounce! Claim him on waivers and pay him,  don't wait a weeek!

Yeah, Wisnewskie would be a good grab. Thinking we need an OT more than a Guard or Center for once though.

Need a Linebacker and none of the names i have heard yet stand out to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Wisnewskie would be a good grab. Thinking we need an OT more than a Guard or Center for once though.

WR Torrey Smith was just cut by Carolina. 
Would like to see the team bring him in at least for a workout. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 12:12 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/9/1/20843033/nfl-roster-cuts-2019-free-agents-bengals

Dakota Allen and Coney would be interesting at backer.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Browns just release OT Greg Robinson...former 2014 #2 overall pick for the Rams. He's vested so he should be a free agent

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 06:09 PM)pally Wrote: Browns just release OT Greg Robinson...former  014 #2 overall pick for the Rams

And their projected starting LT. We need to get him
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 06:10 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: And their projected starting LT. We need to get him

as usual, our luck sucks

Reply/Quote
Torrey Smith might not be a bad grab if he still has his speed.

Would be nice to have a speedy backup to Willis until Green gets back.
Reply/Quote
I still think Tupou is the odd man out if the Bengals add another backer or OL player. I am somewhat surprised no one has grabbed Dakota Allen off the Rams PS yet.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
LT Matt Kalil just released by the Texans
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:27 PM)pally Wrote: and they are still paying 1/2 of Clowney's salary

Did not know that. Wow!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:06 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think he overpaid, but I think they took a look at the rest of the division and said "we're winning this for the next 3 years, so let's try to do something with it". It strikes me as a team saying here's our window, let's go all in.

I get that. But that's still mind boggling.

That's Herschel Walker stuff.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Wisnewskie would be a good grab. Thinking we need an OT more than a Guard or Center for once though.

Wisnewski would have been a good add 3-4- years ago. He seems to be declining.
Reply/Quote