Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
League Cut players you want
(09-01-2019, 06:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Torrey Smith might not be a bad grab if he still has his speed.

Would be nice to have a speedy backup to Willis until Green gets back.

Who do you release to make the roster spot?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Who do you release to make the roster spot?

I wouldn't make that particular move, but I think Cethan Carter would be one guy you could cut. Nothing against the guy, I just look at a 4th TE/H-back as being expendable.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 05:27 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Don't know much about him, but the Jets cut Jachai Polite, the Florida LB they drafted with their third rounder.  Is he worth a shot?

Lineman and linebackers. right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:43 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I wouldn't make that particular move, but I think Cethan Carter would be one guy you could cut. Nothing against the guy, I just look at a 4th TE/H-back as being expendable.

I think Carter will be Special Teams Ace and would replace Core's role there.  He is a keeper.  The odd man out IMO, is one of the NT.  But the team personnel is fluid at the moment.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Carter will be Special Teams Ace and would replace Core's role there.  He is a keeper.  The odd man out IMO, is one of the NT.  But the team personnel is fluid at the moment.  

Maybe, but I wonder if maybe they aren't going to get a little creative along the DL.
Reply/Quote
I think Lawson is our 5th LB so we have 10 DL and 5 LB's
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:58 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Maybe, but I wonder if maybe they aren't going to get a little creative along the DL.

I was thinking the same thing with two NT and kicking Geno to RE on some plays.  If NT is big part of new scheme, then the odd man out may be Big Jake.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Who do you release to make the roster spot?

It depends on a lot of things. Would like to keep Bryant as he is the guy to backup Willis...

Just saying if Bryant goes somewhere else i wouldn't be against bringing in Torrey if he still has the speed.

He was a good Receiver in the past.

I am liking Dolegala the more i hear about him, so not him.

This is a good question Pistons. I think we should bring in a few LB's and an O-lineman if anything.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It depends on a lot of things. Would like to keep Bryant as he is the guy to backup Willis...

Just saying if Bryant goes somewhere else i wouldn't be against bringing in Torrey if he still has the speed.

He was a good Receiver in the past.

I am liking Dolegala the more i hear about him, so not him.

This is a good question Pistons. I think we should bring in a few LB's and an O-lineman if anything.

Bryant is gone man... Sad

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 08:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bryant is gone man... Sad

Damn.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 08:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bryant is gone man... Sad

He’s there if we need him. Not like they signed him to their 53. Not a huge deal, probably better to have a more balanced PS then load up at WR when we are already deep there.
Reply/Quote
34 old experienced OT now available as cut by Texans

Matt Kalil

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 11:05 AM)pally Wrote: Dolphins fire sale continues...they really want the #1 pick next year

LB Kiko Alonso traded to Saints for LB Vince Biegel

so much for the hope that Alonso would land in the Queen City

And Josh Rosen thought he got killed in AZ.  He's probably glad Fitzy won the job.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 12:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good news for us is we play the Dolphins who have a CFL talent type roster in 2019. So, one easy road win. 

I know Clowney was supposed to be all world, but look at what he was traded away for, it tells you he is not as good as many think (but, Seattle did have to  factor in his almost 1 year ONLY guaranteed contract and he could bolt for big bucks in 2020 easily). 

Also, better to see him in Seattle week 1 with no time to be acclimated and no training camp than week 3 or later in my opinion.

True, and he is a true "turn it on when he needs to" player, so I would rather not see the Texans in the postseason...plus I think that is a huge market and the NFL loves Watson and Watt.  I think last season Clowney was every bit as good as Watt and he is on the way up, while Watt is on the back nine.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to have either of them.  

I am seriously concerned that as of yesterday, Glenn was still in concussion protocol.  If we go with Andre Smith at LT against the Seahawks, we are in deep shit.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 12:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Miller was a former QB, but not a NFL QB, he was converted to WR.

He must be hurt because I thought he was a decent slot receiver. Or Stills who is better at slot pushed him out.

Thanks for the news flash  Hilarious.

I will always remember when Braxton Miller was a true freshman in HIGH SCHOOL and started for Wayne against my Alma Mater, Centerville.  He didn't win the game, and he had guys dropping balls left and right, no protection, etc. but that kid just kept creating missed tackles and flying all over the field.  I watched in amazement as he put up something like 35 points essentially by himself.  

A high school freshman is usually still a boy playing with men and he was downright amazing.  I don't think I have ever seen a one-man show like that before or since. 

I was hoping he would stick in the NFL as a WR as he has above average speed but amazing short-space quickness.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:27 PM)pally Wrote: and they are still paying 1/2 of Clowney's salary

That is amazing.  I don't get the Texans at all here.  Miami has to be grinning ear to ear and saying "We are next year's Browns", only they have to hit on all those draft picks and have Rosen turn out to be as good as Mayfield, which I doubt. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 10:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: True, and he is a true "turn it on when he needs to" player, so I would rather not see the Texans in the postseason...plus I think that is a huge market and the NFL loves Watson and Watt.  I think last season Clowney was every bit as good as Watt and he is on the way up, while Watt is on the back nine.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to have either of them.  

I am seriously concerned that as of yesterday, Glenn was still in concussion protocol.  If we go with Andre Smith at LT against the Seahawks, we are in deep shit.  

If no Glenn, then the TE's will have to help the LT more. We drafted Sample because he is a great blocker, so a game like this will let us know if we he is or not possibly. I do remember Eifert getting beat easily in the past on passing downs, so he is only a pass option on passing downs.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 10:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is amazing.  I don't get the Texans at all here.  Miami has to be grinning ear to ear and saying "We are next year's Browns", only they have to hit on all those draft picks and have Rosen turn out to be as good as Mayfield, which I doubt. 

You think the Bengals OL is bad, Miami's OL without Tunsel may be worst in league history. Rosen may be on IR sooner than later. It is not like the guy is mobile.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And Josh Rosen thought he got killed in AZ.  He's probably glad Fitzy won the job.

I have no idea why they even bothered to trade for Rosen if this was the plan. Not saying he's ever going to amount to anything (who knows), but why give away *anything* for a young QB when you're planning on tanking all season long to draft a QB?
Reply/Quote
TEVON CONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MATT KHALIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote