Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
League Cut players you want
(08-31-2019, 05:27 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Don't know much about him, but the Jets cut Jachai Polite, the Florida LB they drafted with their third rounder.  Is he worth a shot?

NO.  Off the field disaster.  You are thinking of the right position group, though.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not a good weekend for former Buckeye QBs. Off the top of my head 3 were cut:

Braxton Miller
Terelle Pryor
Cardelle Jones

Wow...There are a lot of teams with less talent at the WR position than BOTH of those guys, and Jones was looking good this preseason.  

If I was the Ratbirds, I would scoop up all three.  Lamar Jackson likely won't survive the season without injury and Jones has a cannon that would add a dimension to that offense they currently lack.  I hope they don't :)
Reply/Quote
One guy I really liked coming out of college was Scooby Wright III. He isn't the most athletic guy on the planet but has elite instincts.

He got drafted by the horribly coached Browns that had no talent around him, and was recently cut by the Pats.

He had a significant couple of injuries a few years ago, but when it comes to playing to your instincts and playing fast, he could be a fit here. I would at least see if he can be a better option than Preston Brown.

Here is his evaluation coming out of college and his pro day results.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/scooby-wright%20iii?id=2555292
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One guy I really liked coming out of college was Scooby Wright III.  He isn't the most athletic guy on the planet but has elite instincts.  

He got drafted by the horribly coached Browns that had no talent around him, and was recently cut by the Pats.  

He had a significant couple of injuries a few years ago, but when it comes to playing to your instincts and playing fast, he could be a fit here.  I would at least see if he can be a better option than Preston Brown.  

Te Pats are pretty good talent evaluators. If they cut him and dont want him back on their PS, then he cant be all that good.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 08:57 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Texans are making all the moves today.

Bengals could have used Hyde, Tunsil, Clowney, etc.

Texans gave away their version of Khalil Mack for a couple backups (if that in Mingo) and a 3rd round pick.   Then,  they got back Tunsil and Stills for a haul of draft picks.  It seems to me that they gave away a TON for a couple of guys that would best be described as "solid".  Tunsil was supposed to be a part of the predicted worst line in the NFL in 2019.  Stills is a guy that averaged less than 50 receptions and 700 yards per season in his NFL career, although he at least appears to be able to stay healthy...an issue for Texans WRs.  

I think the Texans got a lot worse, and they gave away TWO first round picks and a second.  I, for one, am glad to see that they won't likely be a contender this season although it would have been nice to not see Clowney in Seattle colors.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:36 AM)Beaker Wrote: Te Pats are pretty good talent evaluators. If they cut him and dont want him back on their PS, then he cant be all that good.

The Pats are also known for having a very complex scheme that requires guys with a high football IQ.  Probably tough to stick in one look at that position.  

He was incredible in college and he is a football player more than an athlete.  Imagine the opposite of Malik Jefferson.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Texans gave away their version of Khalil Mack for a couple backups (if that in Mingo) and a 3rd round pick.   Then,  they got back Tunsil and Stills for a haul of draft picks.  It seems to me that they gave away a TON for a couple of guys that would best be described as "solid".  Tunsil was supposed to be a part of the predicted worst line in the NFL in 2019.  Stills is a guy that averaged less than 50 receptions and 700 yards per season in his NFL career, although he at least appears to be able to stay healthy...an issue for Texans WRs.  

I think the Texans got a lot worse, and they gave away TWO first round picks and a second.  I, for one, am glad to see that they won't likely be a contender this season although it would have been nice to not see Clowney in Seattle colors.  

Ed Werder had the best line about this trade

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Dolphins fire sale continues...they really want the #1 pick next year

LB Kiko Alonso traded to Saints for LB Vince Biegel

so much for the hope that Alonso would land in the Queen City

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One guy I really liked coming out of college was Scooby Wright III.  He isn't the most athletic guy on the planet but has elite instincts.  

He had a significant couple of injuries a few years ago, but when it comes to playing to your instincts and playing fast, he could be a fit here.  I would at least see if he can be a better option than Preston Brown.  

You don't want any part of Scooby Wright.
He's so bad he couldn't even get into the starting Browns 
Defense. 
Like any other LB unblocked he can make a tackle.
But he gets blocked very easily 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's a pretty good tracker:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-follow-along-as-all-32-teams-cut-down-to-their-final-53/

Thanks, that is useful. 

Just starting to look over linebackers either from 4-3 teams or ILBs from 3-4 teams, the following might be worth a look:

Name / Cut By

Terez Hall / Patriots 
EJ Ejiya / Ravens
Dedrick Young II ("tackling machine") / Browns
Tegray Scales / Steelers
Joe Dineen / Denver

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Texans gave away their version of Khalil Mack for a couple backups (if that in Mingo) and a 3rd round pick.   Then,  they got back Tunsil and Stills for a haul of draft picks.  It seems to me that they gave away a TON for a couple of guys that would best be described as "solid".  Tunsil was supposed to be a part of the predicted worst line in the NFL in 2019.  Stills is a guy that averaged less than 50 receptions and 700 yards per season in his NFL career, although he at least appears to be able to stay healthy...an issue for Texans WRs.  

Good news for us is we play the Dolphins who have a CFL talent type roster in 2019. So, one easy road win. 

I know Clowney was supposed to be all world, but look at what he was traded away for, it tells you he is not as good as many think (but, Seattle did have to  factor in his almost 1 year ONLY guaranteed contract and he could bolt for big bucks in 2020 easily). 

Also, better to see him in Seattle week 1 with no time to be acclimated and no training camp than week 3 or later in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/9/1/20843033/nfl-roster-cuts-2019-free-agents-bengals
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 11:57 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Thanks, that is useful. 

Just starting to look over linebackers either from 4-3 teams or ILBs from 3-4 teams, the following might be worth a look:

Name / Cut By

Terez Hall / Patriots 
EJ Ejita / Ravens
Dedrick Young II ("tackling machine") / Browns
Tegray Scales / Steelers
Joe Dineen / Denver

Sign' em all!! LOL   
Our LB unit looks weaker then last yr..if that's at all possible  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wow...There are a lot of teams with less talent at the WR position than BOTH of those guys, and Jones was looking good this preseason.  

If I was the Ratbirds, I would scoop up all three.  Lamar Jackson likely won't survive the season without injury and Jones has a cannon that would add a dimension to that offense they currently lack.  I hope they don't :)

Miller was a former QB, but not a NFL QB, he was converted to WR.

He must be hurt because I thought he was a decent slot receiver. Or Stills who is better at slot pushed him out.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 12:12 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/9/1/20843033/nfl-roster-cuts-2019-free-agents-bengals

Good read so TY

A lot of guys I never heard of on OL and LB our 2 biggest weaknesses. There are vets and young guys. It appears ZT want youth, so no surprise if the additions are 2 year players or less versus seasoned vets.

Of course, this will fire up the fan base to say we did nothing to solve our issues for 2019 if he takes that route.

Reply/Quote
Going off of Boomerfan's list and also the link I'm cool with either LB Allen or Scales or Wells at Tackle. I remember wanting scales and a mock draft not just for the Cincinnati ties but a decent chance at being a back-end rotation linebacker at least. What happened in Pitt?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 12:22 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Sign' em all!! LOL   
Our LB unit looks weaker then last yr..if that's at all possible  

Reality show: Each day an LB gets eliminated if they can't catch my dog that I set loose on the football field. Or give Andre Smith the ball and tell each one of them to try to tackle him.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
Giants claimed Cody Core off waivers

Browns claim Malik Jefferson

Reply/Quote
Bengals claim 2nd yr RB Samaje Perine former teammate of Joe Mixon He holds the NFL single game rushing record with 437 yards against Kansas in 2014

and
Cardinals WR Pharaoh Cooper He is coming off a full season of IR. Spent 2 seasons with the Rams

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 01:44 PM)pally Wrote: Giants claimed Cody Core off waivers

Giants were in 6th position in waiver process (assuming same as 2019 draft position) so means only 5 teams passed on him.

Any way to find if others also tried to claim him?

I thought he would make a team immediately as anyone claimed must go on the active 53 roster immediately for that team. I was hoping we would get a 7th rounder for him prior to being cut.

I wish him well.

Reply/Quote