Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School
Meh, the kids and school are deserving the backlash they are getting.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-21-2019, 12:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm sorry.  Criticize is a better word.  The hate is coming from most other people.
You're so full of shit and you have no idea what you're talking about!  You're just making things up!

(A)
He never says he was smiling to show that the man wasn't a threat and never even mentions that he was smiling (much-less why).

He was remaining motionless and calm to try and diffuse the situation, which you can read here, since you obviously didn't before, or you're blatantly lying.

Mellow

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/teen-in-confrontation-with-native-american-i-didnt-provoke/2019/01/20/8f33171c-1d2f-11e9-a759-2b8541bbbe20_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1390cce31ebb

Quote:the teen said he was “not intentionally making faces at the protestor. I did smile at one point because I wanted him to know that I was not going to become angry, intimidated or be provoked into a larger confrontation.”

"blatantly lying"

(01-21-2019, 12:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [url=https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1087137470670663680/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1087137470670663680&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wcpo.com%2Fnews%2Flocal-news%2Fcovington-catholic-student-from-viral-video-releases-statement][/url](B)
 A group of black men were yelling at the students from my high school and making racist comments and calling them racist names.  If you watch the video, the kids pretty much laughed it off and handled it very well.  The guy walked up and started beating his drum in the kid's face, which that kid wasn't even involved with the people yelling, so how was he trying to calm it down?  If you watch, another Native American starts yelling at another student, which that student also handles it calmly.

Yes, I said it was a third group and that the boys and the man both agree on that.  He was trying to bring peace through his faith...lol. 

All kidding aside if someone yelled at the kids that is wrong.  If the kids were doing tommyhawk chops that was wrong.  

Just not a good thing at all.

(01-21-2019, 12:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: C
They were all waiting on the bus and backed up against the stairs with crowds behind them and really nowhere to go.  I'd say the kids handled it pretty well.  Also, isn't the Native American an adult?  So you're blaming the adults for not intervening when they didn't even need to, but not the adult for not acting like an adult?  Only a Steelers fan............

I think over all they handled it well also.  But where were their chaperones?

And yes, the NA was an adult and at some point he could have walked away also.  Correct.

And of course it's because I root for the Steelers...that's the kind of brilliance you bring to the PnR part of the forum.  Thanks!

(01-21-2019, 12:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: D
So you're mad at them for trying to gather the facts instead of jumping to conclusions like the rest of the world?  Makes sense, but, like I said, Steelers fans....................

Did I say I was "mad"?  I said those were the only two responses.

But I know..."Steelers fans".  Smirk

(01-21-2019, 12:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: E
Seems like they raised some great boys here  ThumbsUp

I don't know.  Neither do you.  You just believe what you want because...uh...Bengals?  I'm not sure where this is going.

(01-21-2019, 12:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: F
Why'd they need adult supervision?  They were standing there doing school chants and were approached!

Because they are children and they were interacting with other adults.  That is the purpose of a chaperone...to supervise the children.

(01-21-2019, 12:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: G
Acting like fools?!  You're as bad as the left-wing media just tossing out bullshit which they're all being called out on now!  How were they acting like fools?!

The jumping around, the chanting, the laughing...they acted like teenage boys can do when unsupervised.  Foolish.

That doesn't make them bad or evil or racist...it makes them normal kids without adults around.

(01-21-2019, 12:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: EXACTLY!

People make up the stupidest reasons to hate!

If you understood irony I'd point it out right now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Most of the media outlets last night and this morning, including CNN and MSNBC, were reporting the student's response to the incident (which is probably better than reporting on one of the parents responses of the boys being accosted by "black Muslims").
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(01-21-2019, 01:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, if the parents were there, then they're also called racist for harassing the NA and it's even worse!

They wanted to the kids to walk away?

Walk away to where?!  They were waiting on their bus and minding their own business, but, yes, it's a good idea to have a bunch of high school kids walk off and separate!

Folks will mold things to support their agenda; we're all guilty of it. But in this instance I see nothing wrong that Joey Lagano Jr did and I believe the NA's intentions were pure. As you said: replace the MAGA hats with #metoo hats and everyone in this thread has a different view. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-21-2019, 01:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's cute how the usual suspects are trying to compare this to youth fighting in a Mall parking lot as to parental responsibility.

I've heard things such as : where were the parents....the parents were filming the event.

The child in the video does absolutely nothing wrong, what should a parent have done if standing right beside the boy?

Are folks suggesting the NA was a threat and the boy was in possible danger? Seems pretty racist.

Referring to other posts?  Bad form.
I wonder why they were all wearing MAGA hats? Sort of looked like gang bangers wearing their colors to me.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(01-21-2019, 01:17 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder why they were all wearing MAGA hats? Sort of looked like gang bangers to me.

Smirk

I didn't get that either.  I mean I would imagine that most of the people there to support the Right for Life march support the GOP but the sheer number of hats on this group was funny.

As an aside, with that many people there that there were not MORE incident caught on tape between groups was pretty amazing.

Like I'm not even sure WHY there were "black muslims" there and what they were protesting.
(01-21-2019, 12:56 PM)Benton Wrote: According to the hats, America.

Mellow

Seriously, though, I do wonder -- as you mentioned in a different thread -- where the parents were at. I watched all two hours of the long video (skipping a minute here and there) and im not really sure what adult thought it would be a good idea to dress kids up in maga hats and direct them into the path of racial/religious extremists.

I'm glad the Indian was there, because there parents were apparently too busy doing something else off camera 

(01-21-2019, 01:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Referring to other posts?  Bad form.

Who are you to question the mods? 

Some Black Hebrew Israelites (not Muslims) were going on about Native Americans worshipping the wrong gods and then when the kids came, they went on about Catholics and Trump, saying pretty awful stuff about both groups. The kids took the bait and returned words and started their chants.

The elder started to do a healing chant, marching between them. It seems like some of the kids took it as a personal attack and that's when what was seen on the first video occurred. There 100% was taunting from some of those kids.

All in all, I put the most blame on the Israelite group for starting it. They were outright racist and discriminatory against other religions. That doesn't excuse the things said by the kids or the mocking of the veteran's ethnicity, but anything they may have said to the Israelites I would write off as kids being provoked.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-21-2019, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must have missed that part in the video.

I saw no attempt from the drummer to try to bypass the youth. I simply saw the youth standing in place.

Not surprised that you are not aware of the full story.

(01-21-2019, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What were the youths protesting? 

Anti Abortion rally/march.
(01-21-2019, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who are you to question the mods? 

[Image: avatar_58.jpg?dateline=1452135960]  Ninja 

(Ninja to represent that this is a joke and I do not mean that Bfine is the only person to question the mods or that Bfine questions the mods in a disrespectful manner.  It...is...a...joke.  Thank you for your time.)

All kidding aside: Just repeating was has been written before.
(01-21-2019, 01:17 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder why they were all wearing MAGA hats? Sort of looked like gang bangers wearing their colors to me.

Because they wanted to?  Because they're at a rally with political connotations and therefore they chose to wear clothing that demonstrated their political affiliation?  Maybe we should ban teenagers from wearing MAGA hats like John Yarmuth D-KY wants to, because that's not an infringement of the 1A at all.

I see a lot of people asking where the adults were.  Is the Native American man who intentionally got in these kids faces not an adult?  Is he not responsible for creating the situation?  As for the smile, I guess you can't even smile anymore, it's an aggressive act.  Twitter idiots, including prominent Dem politicians are calling these kids out.  Some are asking for them to be doxed, some are asking for them to be physically attacked.  Some are complaining about their weaponized smirks of privilege.  Also, shame on that old man for blatantly lying about what happened.  

This incident is a line in the sand for me.  It really shows just how skewed the media is and how insane the far left has become.  If you have any issue with these kids then you're part of the problem, and it's not an insignificant one.
(01-21-2019, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not surprised that you are not aware of the full story.

Anti Abortion rally/march.

Well help me out. Show me where the NA tries to pass and the youth "blocks him". From what I understand the NA's motivation was to get between 2 groups, not to pass anyone. But of course I'm not aware of the full story like you are. 

(01-21-2019, 01:17 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder why they were all wearing MAGA hats? Sort of looked like gang bangers wearing their colors to me.

There's a ton of vendors who sell that stuff to conservative tourists in DC. Anytime I'm down there, I always see a big group of kids wearing the same stuff. Same with when Obama was President. The Vendors all sell the same stuff. $5 a hat or whatever. 

Some of them were wearing scarves and non MAGA hats that I immediately recognized from the street vendors. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-21-2019, 01:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: avatar_58.jpg?dateline=1452135960]  Ninja 

(Ninja to represent that this is a joke and I do not mean that Bfine is the only person to question the mods or that Bfine questions the mods in a disrespectful manner.  It...is...a...joke.  Thank you for your time.)

All kidding aside: Just repeating was has been written before.

Well I guess I'm just at a loss as to why you quoted me instead of the poster who actually referred to another thread.

(01-21-2019, 12:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: FALSE!!!!!!!!!!

He wasn't trying to pass!  

Where did you read/see/hear that?  Or did you make it up to fit your agenda?!

(01-21-2019, 12:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How the hell did the boy create the conflict? He was standing still, the drummer approached him. 

Who knew the NA didn't have the ability of lateral movement. 

Here are the boys own words

"The protestor everyone has seen in the video began playing his drum as he waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path."

So if everyone else moved out of his way why didn't this boy?  Why create a conflict when he did not have to?  Everyone else got it.  Why didn't he?
(01-21-2019, 01:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This incident is a line in the sand for me.  It really shows just how skewed the media is and how insane the far left has become.  If you have any issue with these kids then you're part of the problem, and it's not an insignificant one.

I disagree here. I think the behavior of some of them was out of line when you look at all of the events in that incident in context. Now, the level of the response to it all was highly uncalled for. Doxxing, threats of violence, these are not things that should be done to anyone, let alone a teenager that was caught up in a rough situation and hasn't matured enough to know how best to handle it. But there is a huge difference between having an issue with their behavior and engaging in those activities.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-21-2019, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/teen-in-confrontation-with-native-american-i-didnt-provoke/2019/01/20/8f33171c-1d2f-11e9-a759-2b8541bbbe20_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1390cce31ebb

"blatantly lying"
He did smile at one point, which is different than smiling the entire time, which you made it sound like.

Also, he was smiling to let the guy know that he wasn't intimidated, which you pointed out in that quote, which is ironic because you, and all the other haters, are saying that he was smiling out of arrogance and to be a punk.

Hilarious.

(01-21-2019, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes, I said it was a third group and that the boys and the man both agree on that.  He was trying to bring peace through his faith...lol. 

All kidding aside if someone yelled at the kids that is wrong.  If the kids were doing tommyhawk chops that was wrong.  

Just not a good thing at all.

They were yelling at the kids, which is what started it all, but thanks for pointing out that you have no clue what really happened and you're just hating to hate.

And it was 2 or 3 kids doing the tomahawk chop, which isn't right, but it's also just because they thought that was the only way to go along with the man beating his drum.

(01-21-2019, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think over all they handled it well also.  But where were their chaperones?

And yes, the NA was an adult and at some point he could have walked away also.  Correct.

And of course it's because I root for the Steelers...that's the kind of brilliance you bring to the PnR part of the forum.  Thanks!
Getting the bus!  And what did you want the chaperones to do anyways?!

You keep failing worse and worse...........

(01-21-2019, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did I say I was "mad"?  I said those were the only two responses.

But I know..."Steelers fans".  Smirk 
Ok, not mad, but condemning and criticizing after jumping to conclusions.

I think the mad would have been a nicer description, but thanks for fixing it.

(01-21-2019, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't know.  Neither do you.  You just believe what you want because...uh...Bengals?  I'm not sure where this is going.
Actually, I DO KNOW!

This is a tight community and I know a few of those boys and the rest all have great reputations in the area.

Thank you for arguing my case!

(In fact, one of the kids standing there like "what's going on," is my cousin's son, and I definitely know that he's a great kid.)

(01-21-2019, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because they are children and they were interacting with other adults.  That is the purpose of a chaperone...to supervise the children.
They were standing there in a group!  They weren't interacting until the black men started calling them "racists," "bigots," "white crackers," "faggots," and "incest kids."

So you want the chaperones to supervise the children getting yelled at?!

Steelers fans..............

(01-21-2019, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: The jumping around, the chanting, the laughing...they acted like teenage boys can do when unsupervised.  Foolish.

That doesn't make them bad or evil or racist...it makes them normal kids without adults around.
They were doing school spirit chants!  That's what our school is most know for!  We've won awards for school spirit and for cheering sections at sporting events!

You're continuing to show how clueless you are!

(01-21-2019, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you understood irony I'd point it out right now.
I've pointed out that everything you posted is stupid and misguided, just like all the other haters.

Thank you, though, because I'm sure a lot of other people are as misinformed as you were.
(01-21-2019, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here are the boys own words

"The protestor everyone has seen in the video began playing his drum as he waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path."

So if everyone else moved out of his way why didn't this boy?  Why create a conflict when he did not have to?  Everyone else got it.  Why didn't he?

This is beyond ridiculous. The kid did absolutely nothing wrong. Unless one feels that standing and smiling is wrong.......ormaybe it has something to do with the hat. 

[Image: cartman-quotes-how-do-i-reach-these-kids.jpg]