Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leftists panic over the possibility of having Thanksgiving with a Trump supporter
(11-14-2017, 12:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol, not any better at all. 

We also play a spades like game (betting and taking tricks based on high cards, etc) but without teams. Can't remember the name

We used to play spoons. After a couple of incidents, though, that had to end.
(11-14-2017, 12:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We used to play spoons. After a couple of incidents, though, that had to end.

Nope. No spooning going on at the bfine Thanksgiving Dinner either. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-14-2017, 12:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We used to play spoons. After a couple of incidents, though, that had to end.

Spoons gets violent!

We play Left-Right-Center (Dice game) or "99".

At smaller get togethers we play "BS".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-14-2017, 12:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Spoons gets violent!

It's called 69ing. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-14-2017, 12:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Spoons gets violent!

Yeah, there is a reason we had to stop playing spoons. I've got some really interesting stories, not just from family games.

We used to play BS in Scouts a lot, or Egyptian Rat Screw.
(11-14-2017, 12:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, there is a reason we had to stop playing spoons. I've got some really interesting stories, not just from family games.

The day after graduating from college eight of us drove to Florida.  We stayed with one our friends grandparents.  His grandmother taught us 30 different card games that week!  But I've never heard of Egyptian Rat Screw!

We also play "aw s***".  
(11-14-2017, 12:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, there is a reason we had to stop playing spoons. I've got some really interesting stories, not just from family games.

BS, Egyptian Rat Screw, and Asshole were our go to Middle and High school card games. 

(11-14-2017, 02:39 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. Which Article?  

2. All I endorse is the ability to have an open discussion on the topic in the article that I post.  

That goes for any thread I post on this forum.

"Leftists PANIC Over The Possibility Of Having To Spend Thanksgiving With Trump-Supporting Family"
(11-14-2017, 12:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: BS, Egyptian Rat Screw, and Asshole were our go to Middle and High school card games. 

My friends were not big card players back then.  Most of the card games I learned were from family growing up.  Still who I play cars with the most now.
(11-14-2017, 01:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: My friends were not big card players back then.  Most of the card games I learned were from family growing up.  Still who I play cars with the most now.

We really got into poker in high school when the WSOP got big in the mid 2000's. One of the guys we occasionally played with ended up winning the Main Event about 5 years ago. Still go to his house every year for a reunion tournament. 

(11-14-2017, 01:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We really got into poker in high school when the WSOP got big in the mid 2000's. One of the guys we occasionally played with ended up winning the Main Event about 5 years ago. Still go to his house every year for a reunion tournament. 

Ah, that's pretty cool!
(11-14-2017, 12:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol, not any better at all. 

We also play a spades like game (betting and taking tricks based on high cards, etc) but without teams. Can't remember the name

Euchre?
Jabberwocky?
Pitch?

my family likes Scrabble, my friends like Exploding Kittens.
(11-14-2017, 03:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Euchre?
Jabberwocky?
Pitch?

We tried playing exploding kittens with my wife's family one night.  I was sober. They were drunk.  It didn't go well and we never played again!  LOL!
(11-14-2017, 03:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Euchre?
Jabberwocky?
Pitch?

My family and friends all like Cards Against Humanity. I have all of the expansions.
Does nobody own a tv? I hear sometimes they have football games on Thanksgiving.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-14-2017, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My family and friends all like Cards Against Humanity. I have all of the expansions.

We love playing that...except my right wing BIL gets pissy about any card that involves religion or children.

On the other hand my daughter and her fiance and their friends play it all the time with no one crying about being offended.
(11-14-2017, 04:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Does nobody own a tv?  I hear sometimes they have football games on Thanksgiving.

But no one likes playing on Thursday's anymore.  They all kneel.  Its just a novelty wearing those alternate uniforms. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I Ping-Pong by myself.  that's hard.  harder than playing against someone else in my opinion.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(11-14-2017, 04:10 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: But no one likes playing on Thursday's anymore.  They all kneel.  Its just a novelty wearing those alternate uniforms. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I Ping-Pong by myself.  that's hard.  harder than playing against someone else in my opinion.

I think they still like the Thanksgiving games.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-14-2017, 04:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Does nobody own a tv? I hear sometimes they have football games on Thanksgiving.

What is this "tv" you speak of?
(11-14-2017, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My family and friends all like Cards Against Humanity. I have all of the expansions.

My son bought Would You Rather over the Spring. Gets old after a couple hours, but nice to dust off every couple months. 

Personally, I really don't like people. But I still like games, so I play a lot of Zombicide.