Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Let's examine Biden record on the economy
80 year old Biden announced he is running for POTUS in 2024. If elected, he will be 86 in year 4. I keep hearing of the great things Biden has done with the economy. So, let's dive in.

Jan. 2021 price of gasoline was $2.40 and now $3.67.
Gallon of milk was $3.32 and now $4.36
Coffee was $1.24 a pound and now $1.91
Gas and Electric bills continue to spike
2 years ago 44% of the country felt country was on right track, today 25% feel it is on the right track.
Biden said our southern border was closed, it is not just ask New York mayor.
He sad Taliban would not take over Afghanistan, but they did.
He said he would not mandate vaccines, but then he did.
He said he would not raise taxes on people making less than $400,000 a year, but he did.
He said his 3.5 trillion spending spree cost nothing, but it doesn't.
He said the Chines spy ballon did not spy on us, but it did.
He said he was arrested in South Africa, that he used to drive 18-wheel trucks, he was the first in his family to go to college - all were lies.
He said he was raised in the Puerto Rican community of Delaware, that he was appointed to the US Naval Academy, that is his grand-pop was a coal miner - more lies.

Inflation is outpacing wage growth under Biden, it was just the opposite under Trump. There is a reason 75% of Americans feel the country under the leadership of Joe Biden is heading in the wrong direction, it is the policies of the Biden administration.

Who in their right mind want 4 more years of a poor economy, on the edge of war and a blundering spokesperson for the greatest country in the world.
Hate Trump, but look closely at his policies against Joe Biden. Results matter and Biden has horrid results.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 02:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who in their right mind want 4 more years of a poor economy, on the edge of war and a blundering spokesperson for the greatest country in the world.
Hate Trump, but look closely at his policies against Joe Biden. Results matter and Biden has horrid results.

I hate the social regression and culture war stuff the GOP is pushing more than I hate paying an extra 70 cents for a bag of coffee. And I really like coffee.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 02:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 80 year old Biden announced he is running for POTUS in 2024. If elected, he will be 86 in year 4. I keep hearing of the great things Biden has done with the economy. So, let's dive in.

Jan. 2021 price of gasoline was $2.40 and now $3.67.
Gallon of milk was $3.32 and now $4.36
Coffee was $1.24 a pound and now $1.91
Gas and Electric bills continue to spike
2 years ago 44% of the country felt country was on right track, today 25% feel it is on the right track.
Biden said our southern border was closed, it is not just ask New York mayor.
He sad Taliban would not take over Afghanistan, but they did.
He said he would not mandate vaccines, but then he did.
He said he would not raise taxes on people making less than $400,000 a year, but he did.
He said his 3.5 trillion spending spree cost nothing, but it doesn't.
He said the Chines spy ballon did not spy on us, but it did.
He said he was arrested in South Africa, that he used to drive 18-wheel trucks, he was the first in his family to go to college - all were lies.
He said he was raised in the Puerto Rican community of Delaware, that he was appointed to the US Naval Academy, that is his grand-pop was a coal miner - more lies.

Inflation is outpacing wage growth under Biden, it was just the opposite under Trump. There is a reason 75% of Americans feel the country under the leadership of Joe Biden is heading in the wrong direction, it is the policies of the Biden administration.

Who in their right mind want 4 more years of a poor economy, on the edge of war and a blundering spokesperson for the greatest country in the world.

1) What does anything in bold have to do with "the economy"?

2) The "economy" is much more than the POTUS.  For example we've discussed at length that they have little to no control over gas prices.  Another example would be record corporate profits which is also driving inflation.  

3) I really dislike posts that make all kinds of number claims but provide no links to where the information came from.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
First, chose a candidate that is not a multi recidivist criminal hating corrupted idiot and then you may ask people to switch their vote because I doubt there is as much as people who want to switch their vote in 2024 than you want to switch your ...

Biden could crash the economy everyday, he would still be a better president than Trump.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Before Biden came into power, fuel was $1.30ish CAD a litre.

Now, it has gone UP for the first time in 4 months, to $1.57ish CAD, a litre.

Are Canada's fuel prices also due to an American president or could it be an issue all over the world and the US is NOT the centre of the universe like many think it is?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 04:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Before Biden came into power, fuel was $1.30ish CAD a litre.

Are Canada's fuel prices also due to an American president or could it be an issue all over the world and the US is NOT the centre of the universe like many think it is?

You know - I tried pointing out to a family member that America had (at the time) the 3rd lowest cost per gallon for gasoline in the entire world, with links and charts proving the fact.

***** deleted my comment. When faux outrage is all you have, you protect your precious world view in spite of things like 'facts' or 'reason'.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 04:01 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: First, chose a candidate that is not a multi recidivist criminal hating corrupted idiot and then you may ask people to switch their vote because I doubt there is as much as people who want to switch their vote in 2024 than you want to switch your ...

Biden could crash the economy everyday, he would still be a better president than Trump.

yes never vote for the Biden crime family

My dude time to wake up from the dream the media is feeding you.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 04:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yes never vote for the Biden crime family

What dream?  People aren't wild about Biden, but democrats, most independents, and a significant amount of republicans aren't terribly keen on putting Trump back in charge.  I don't think people are being duped by the media into liking Biden, hence why his approval rating is low yet he and democrats managed to still overperform expectations.  They aren't popular, but they're more in line with what people want at the moment.

After the 2020 election I was under the assumption that by 2024 both democrats and republicans would revamp things and put up new candidates, but it just isn't happening.  2024 is shaping up to be two geriatric retreads that are viewed as being heads of criminal families.

But anyways, the idea that the media is convincing people to get boners for Biden is blatantly bogus.

EDIT - And I'll say it again, if you or any other right-leaning person has any information that can be used to get Biden out of the 2024 election so someone like Mark Kelly can run for president, please make it known ASAP.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 04:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yes never vote for the Biden crime family

Child please.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
For starters, I'll name a few of Biden's accomplishments.

The inflation we're experiencing is a direct result of Trump, as he is the one who printed $10s-of-trillions during COVID back by nothing causing hyperinflation, and as Mike Pompeo said Trump's got us another $ 6.8 trillion in debt so how the hell is that being conservative?  Most of that went to Wall Street and the investor class and not to the middle class.   The tax cuts Trump put into place only benefited the top 5%, and those expired a few years ago for all except guess who?? The top 5%.

President Biden passed the infrastructure bill to rebuild America with American Union workers with American-made goods and materials.  This all puts Americans to work full circle and also creates a tremendous amount of tax revenue, AND THAT TAX REVENUE PAYS DOWN OUR NATIONAL DEBT. Ya know something Trump promised but that was just another lie just like everything else outta his goddamn mouth.

President Biden has unemployment the lowest it's been in 54 years at 3.5%, and he's capped health care costs and Rx meds such as insulin for diabetics with most of the savings to our Military Veterans. Biden has taken on Big Pharma and now Americans can afford their Rx meds.   Again, this is something Trump promised but FAILED to do.

President Biden has paid down our nation's debt by $1.7 trillion in 3 years, while Trump increased our national debt by more than 40% as Mike Pompeo said Trump added $ 6.8 trillion.   So who do you think is more of a fiscal conservative?  I'll give you a hint, it's not Trump.

https://www.commerce.gov/news/blog/2023/02/news-unemployment-its-lowest-level-54-years

Nice Try, but once again you've opened your mouth and all you've proven is your absolute ignorance beyond a reasonable doubt.
Reply/Quote
Gas was cheap in Jan 2021 because the world was shut down due to a pandemic. Choose your poison...high unemployment, high death rates due to illness or high gas prices. But of course, we can't talk about the current gas prices without talking about the RECORD profits being made by oil and gas companies

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/exxon-chevron-shell-conocophillips-record-profits-earnings-oil-companies-most-profitable-year/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm no fan of Biden by any means. But he did come into office during the worst pandemic in a 100 years, and then Russia invading Ukraine a year later. Something his predecessor didn't have for 3 years.

Also maybe I am a cynic, but I don't trust some of these big corporations making record profits during this time either. And big oil, definitely don't trust them.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
So far Biden has forced me to have a sex change, read books I don’t like, and attend drag shows.

Such a messed up economy.

I can’t wait to vote for the walking crisis I mean trump. Maybe he can super charge a healthy economy he inherited with tax cuts for the rich like he did last time. Intimidate the fed to keep rates low, give out a bunch of free money, and we can blame the next sucker who comes in and tries to clean up after another attempted coup.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So far Biden has forced me to have a sex change, read books I don’t like, and attend drag shows.

Such a messed up economy.

I can’t wait to vote for the walking crisis I mean trump. Maybe he can super charge a healthy economy he inherited with tax cuts for the rich like he did last time. Intimidate the fed to keep rates low, give out a bunch of free money, and we can blame the next sucker who comes in and tries to clean up after another attempted coup.

[Image: Ek-inGgX0AoCFSS.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 08:14 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: [Image: Ek-inGgX0AoCFSS.jpg]

They aren't wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 04:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Before Biden came into power, fuel was $1.30ish CAD a litre.

[Image: this-is-america-bfgdvm.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 08:48 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They aren't wrong.

They rarely miss.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 04:01 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: First, chose a candidate that is not a multi recidivist criminal hating corrupted idiot and then you may ask people to switch their vote because I doubt there is as much as people who want to switch their vote in 2024 than you want to switch your ...

Please do not derail the thread. This is Biden thread on his record and nothing to do with former President.

This is Biden record and a thread about it. The blame game on Trumpis a diversion by libs. Libs never take responsibility for issues or bad policy.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:36 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: They rarely miss.

Wasn't this episode from the Bush vs Kerry era?  If it were more current they could have had the turd sandwich assure everyone he could only lose if it was rigged and the giant douche could have said he was fighting for the soul of America....or would we swap those two around?

(04-26-2023, 10:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Please do not derail the thread. This is Biden thread on his record and nothing do with former President.

You brought up Trump in your original post and made a point to ask us to compare Trump to Biden and suggested that people who supported Biden over Trump needed to defend or reevaluate their choice of one over the other.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:30 PM)pally Wrote: Gas was cheap in Jan 2021 because the world was shut down due to a pandemic.  Choose your poison...high unemployment, high death rates due to illness or high gas prices.  But of course, we can't talk about the current gas prices without talking about the RECORD profits being made by oil and gas companies

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/exxon-chevron-shell-conocophillips-record-profits-earnings-oil-companies-most-profitable-year/

The state of Florida did not shut down and thrived and is thriving. I know I live here. I bought a house in Naples in April 2021, sold it and doubled the price I paid.
Anyone blaming Trump for poor economy has head in the sand. one decision made by Biden to quit producing oil and gas domestically impacted all areas of the economy. That is a fact and the public knows it.

Reply/Quote